February 2017 Moms
Options

Are there any Feb 17 baby facebook groups?

Re: Are there any Feb 17 baby facebook groups?

• Options
    ^^ lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    I've been quietly lurking the last few days, but this thread has made me go through so many thoughts. 

1. It's almost funny
    2. I'm super paranoid people might be talking about me in private messages saying I'm a catfish
    3. I've started trying to guess who everyone else thinks is a catfish
    4. WHO DO PEOPLE THINK IS A CATFISH
    5. Should I be nervous about a creeper??

I haven't read those links yet so as of now I'm not all that worried because I don't grasp to what extent the weirdos go. 
    It's not you. You are too sweet.

WAIT. 
    This made me laugh hard! 
    @kswiger06 hello there! Hugs!
  • Options
    Okay, I hadn't been back to this thread since page 2 but the randoms chatter made me curious.  I have no idea on who the catfish could be, but it's normal for me to miss stuff like that until someone points out all the pieces to me. Do you guys really think we have a catfish that is posting regularly here?

I don't remember there being one in Feb '12. @ladyoriza I was in Aug '13 as well and don't remember one there either, although with a new job and a 9-18 month old during that pregnancy I didn't even have time to lurk very much.

Also, I really want to go read all the catfish links, but I'm a little scared to have my naivete removed.  I didn't even know what catfish was until all the talk here.

• Options
    @MrsDramaK You're gorgeous!
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone found the lady stealing money from a collection but I found it on my old BMB. Or at least the thread we talked about it on. I'm 
    mobile so I can't link.. But hers the first 2 SS. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    On Dd1's BMB there was a lady who claimed to accidentally killed her fiancé' dog (left him on a leash with no water/shade in extreme heat) and the next day posted a thread entitled "Yummiest Salad!" Or something and she just went on and on about some salad she made...

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @peachesnbean Wait, what? I hate people. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow....that is just crazy/disgusting/odd/WTF....I can't even....
  • Options
    @peachesnbean was that a 2011/2012ish BMB? It sounds really familiar, I know it wasn't my board but I remember reading links.
  • Options
    @HeatSparks yup! I try not to post any super personally identifying information/pictures of myself. 
  • Options
    @cantalopes24 It's too late for me to join that good fight. Part of me gets very immature thoughts like I DO WHAT I WANT and SO WHAT IF THEY KNOW I PUKE ALL DAY... but yeah, not very wise. Outside of this BMB, I have a pretty large digital footprint, and I feel like anyone who takes that risk runs into a group of nosey weirdos. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cantalopes24 YES- September 2011. NikkiMouse or something

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Options
    @HeatSparks - oh no I haven't even thought of that.....well I guess it is good my cell phone is small and I can only angle my bump pics to show belly and no face lol. I am still curious who the ladies think is our catfish...and hoping everyone realizes it isn't me lol. me and @kswiger06 can vouch for eachother :) 

• Options
    Not the original post, but here's a summary of the drama:
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/7149832/nikkimouse

• Options
    @peachesnbean yes I remember that now! I had a couple friends on that board. People are awful. Did she ever come back after that?
  • Options
    @peachesnbean yes I remember that now! I had a couple friends on that board. People are awful. Did she ever come back after that?
    I don't really remember. I think it was after or around the time the board split to Facebook. I really don't think she did, though. By the way, that seems like the common theme- once a board migrates the one who is fake and doesn't have a FB starts drama

• Options
    I cant believe so many of you have met in person... I am super jealous! For some reason TB is not very popular in the south.  It seems like there are hardly ever people near me.

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• Options
    FishyMom said:
    I cant believe so many of you have met in person... I am super jealous! For some reason TB is not very popular in the south.  It seems like there are hardly ever people near me.
    I'm in the South too. But I don't think there's anyone near me either. California seems to have a lot of people at least on our board.
  • Options
    homemake said:
    FishyMom said:
    I'm in the South too. But I don't think there's anyone near me either. California seems to have a lot of people at least on our board.
    The tristate area too.  I don't even live in a fun city people often visit.. Like if you lived in NYC people go there for vacation... who the heck wants to come to Dallas and see... what??  the JFK museum??  bleh. oh well.

• Options
    I'm south too, but more like as far south as you can get. There are a few ladies in the same
    state, but at the other end. It would be pretty awesome to have someone else from this board close by!
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FishyMom said:
    homemake said:
    FishyMom said:
    The tristate area too.  I don't even live in a fun city people often visit.. Like if you lived in NYC people go there for vacation... who the heck wants to come to Dallas and see... what??  the JFK museum??  bleh. oh well.
    I'm sure there are people who live in or near Philly, but I'm too scared of stranger danger to meet anyone.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    FishyMom said:
    Aw, I feel you! I think the closest a bumpie has ever been near me was a 5h drive. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    @FishyMom I have two amazing TX friends from my former BMB but I think the closest one to Dallas is in like Frisco? 
  • Options
    FishyMom said:
    homemake said:
    FishyMom said:
    I hear ya...The Minneapolis area isn't exactly known for its tourism. No one wants to sign the guestbook during polar vortex season *pouts*
  • Options
    I don't even have an airport where i live... So there's that...
  • Options
    Could be worse @FishyMom and @yogadevil, I live in middle of nowhere Iowa. 
  • Options
    Last I checked I'm the only one in my whole state. I think @AfKash may be the closest one to me. jealous of all the CA bumpies!
  • Options
    My former BMB had like 7 of us all within an hour of each other. I was so awesome to meet up with all the babies! Now we just meet up to go out in Boston, without the kiddos, haha.
  • Options
    it's pretty nice here guys. 
  • Options
    lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited September 2016
    I would love if there were bumpies near me since I don't know anyone else in my city that has a kid. But I would have to wait a long time to meet someone for fear of stranger danger.
  • Options
    I didn't realize there were lots of California girls on here!  
  • Options
    Before we moved to Colorado we did two big California meetups and I loved it. We met at a brewery with the kids in San Diego and then we all went to Disney. I have two moms in Colorado that are pretty close too. There have been a few times where people have traveled for meetups.

• Options
    it's pretty nice here guys. 
    I mean, beside me and Perra being here 
  • Options
    @FishyMom I have two amazing TX friends from my former BMB but I think the closest one to Dallas is in like Frisco? 

I am super jealous!!  Frisco and Dallas are very close.  There is a girl in my former BMB that lives near Frisco too but we did not hit it off.  I did go with my DD to NYC and meet about 10 of the girls and their kids from that BMB which was a ton of fun.  We talk all the time that when the kids get older we want to do a moms only cruise.

• Options
    California is def the popular state here.....I feel soooo teeny weeny lol, I think I am 1 of 2 from my state. And I am probably one of the few on here who doesn't have Facebook lol. I have my acct here and an Instagram which I originally created to keep an eye on my little sister to make sure she wasn't posting anything inappropriate lmao but now I use it for my bump pics and family/pet photos. Some creeper tried to follow me there and messaged me if I wanted to hook up even though I have a husband....I was like eww creep, BLOCKED! Who the heck are these wackos....what gave you the impression I would like to hook up, the pets of me happy with my husband and family or the pictures of my pets? Just no, no and no