Baby Names

Middle name help please!

PpunkiexxPpunkiexx member
edited September 2016 in Baby Names
What do you think of these middle names to go with the first name Ella? What are your favourites? Please comment and let us know. 

Middle name help please! 88 votes

Ella Noa (Noah)
3% 3 votes
Ella Shia (Sha-Ya)
3% 3 votes
Ella Rachel
60% 53 votes
Ella Yael (Ya-Elle)
7% 7 votes
Ella Ioni (Eye-Oh-Nee)
9% 8 votes
Ella Rebekah
15% 14 votes

Re: Middle name help please!

• That's an interesting list of middle name options. Do any of them have special meaning to you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I picked Rachel because it's NMS when names have the same ending sound, which most of them up there do with Ella. Yael doesn't but it's basically Ella backwards sound-wise.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ella Rachel, Ella Rebekah, or Ella Ioni are all fine choices. The others are a bit too similar or sing-songy with Ella, and Ella Noa really sounds like Eleanor being mispronounced.
  • PpunkiexxPpunkiexx member
    edited September 2016
    @allieshortcake They're all Hebrew names, including Ella, with the exception of Ioni. We're Jewish, so they're all pretty common names among our circles. ☺️
  • @kmvisioli My hubby said the same thing about Ella Noa.
  • PpunkiexxPpunkiexx member
    edited September 2016
    @kmvisioli That it sounds like Eleanor being mispronounced.
  • What do you all think about the middle names as stand alone names? Does that sway your decision at all?

Hubby says no one will ever say them together, so it doesn't bother him if they don't flow together perfectly. He's leaning toward Ella Yael. 
  • TBH I like Yael as a stand alone name considering your reasons for wanting the name. Also Rebekah

As for Ella being the first name my vote was for Ella Rebekah, but second would be Ella Rachel.

• I think Yael would make a lovely first name with another middle name (Ella & Yael are too similar). Ella is beautiful but very common/popular. 
  • @kimikimi thank you for the feedback. I feel like they may be a bit too similar as well. That's my husband's favourite combination though. We're also thinking of maybe having two middle names. What do you all think about that? Worth it or no? 

And we know Ella is popular, but it doesn't bother us. We like classic names and think that having a standard name will actually let her be defined by her personality, rather than a label we chose for her.