October 2015 Moms

Baby used to be a great eater now he spits his food out

lo has been doing baby led weaning since about 6 months he was a master eater in my eyes . Now he spits everything out or just plays with his food. What happened ? Should I be worried ? Seems like a regression in his development. This has been going on for a week now. 

Re: Baby used to be a great eater now he spits his food out

• My guy has been doing similar things. He's recently realized he can toss things he doesn't want so he does. I think it's just a developmental thing. I think they're realizing what they like, don't like, and different things they can do with their food. He likes to smush things and tear them apart now. Hopefully it'll change again in a week or so
  • On that makes sense ....

lo used to sleep all night and now he's waking up like 2 times SCREAMING .... :( 

we're having a tough week 
  • Loading the player...
  • Teething?  Maybe his mouth is bothering him?  That could explain the screaming too.
  • LO has phases where she rejects all solids and only wants bottles and then she has phases where she vomits the milk from the bottle too... It lasts for 2 days or sometimes a week (not the vomiting part) ! But then she "normalizes" and starts eating normally.  No fevers or other issues, normal mood too.  I chalk it up to teething lol
  • LO is also doing this. She takes a bite, chews it up then spits it out. But proceeds to keep "eating" this way. She seems to be getting enough to eat, so im not too worried. But it makes for a big mealtime mess
  • My son was the same way and his culprit was teething. I think he has 3 coming in now (two lower and the molar is starting) and some days he is not interested in any solids (including purees) at all.
  • @lalena that's def what it was , his two bottom teeth came in shortly after this post