May 2017 Moms
Options

subchorionic Hematoma/ Hemorrhage vs. miscarriage

Anyone have any experience with a SCH? 

I went in for a scan Friday, they only did an over the belly ultrasound. I wasn't measuring correctly, I'm off about a week. Only saw and egg and a sac, no heartbeat. 

I was spotting brownish blood and now have progressed to full on bleeding, sometimes heavy at times. Bright red and teenie clots, and some stringy material with cramps.  They would have seen the hematoma on a vaginal ultrasound  (I think) and I am so mad they didn't do one now that I think this could be a possibility for my bleeding. I am going back to have blood work done Sunday and results Monday. 

I need someone to weigh in on this, is there a lot of cramping involved with this? I feel like this pregnancy is at a 50/50 shot right now.  I'm so upset, I can't stop reading about it and looking for some positive outcomes. 

Re: subchorionic Hematoma/ Hemorrhage vs. miscarriage

• Options
    @mborn24 I don't have any experience with this. But I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!! Hopefully you get answers soon and all is well! Good thoughts your way!!
  • Options
    I don't have any information but just want to give you some thoughts and prayers. Sorry you are dealing with this. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same as pp's. No information but I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Hoping for a happy outcome for you. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    So sorry you're dealing with this. Did the bleeding start before or after the ultrasound? I hate to say this but I had heavy bleeding like a period and my numbers basically went down from there on. Cramping wasn't strong either. Keep us posted! Fx it turns out to be nothing 

• Options
    I had a SCH. It can be different for everyone, of course. With mine, I had some spotting and then really really heavy bleeding. The bleeding then had huge clots and it was stringy and all kinds of crazy things. One clot in particular was like the size of a tennis ball. The only thing is I can't remember if I had any cramping with it. I hope the outcome is good for you!
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    I did have SCH with first baby. I spotted a few times for the first three or four months. I never had clotting or heavy bleeding. They told me if the bleeding did turn bright red or have clots to call and go get checked. But, they said everyone is different so it still could be normal pregnancy bleeding. I would call them about your concerns and they should offer more options to help reassure you or get you checked. 
  • Options
    I am sorry you are going through this. Praying for you!
  • Options
    pshaortao said:
    So sorry you're dealing with this. Did the bleeding start before or after the ultrasound? I hate to say this but I had heavy bleeding like a period and my numbers basically went down from there on. Cramping wasn't strong either. Keep us posted! Fx it turns out to be nothing 
    I was spotting lightly brownish spots then, but today it has turned more red and is more gushing when using the bathroom. There aren't a lot of clots, just maybe three 5mm ones. I don't have a good feeling about this. My cramps feel like menstrual cramps. If this is a miscarriage I would have thought the clots would be mor and bigger. May come later, I have been laying down most the day.
  • Options
    So sorry you are going through this.  Thinking of you
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    2babes3angels2babes3angels member
    edited September 2016
    I have had 2 miscarriages and also 1 pregnancy with SCH (ETA: that pregnancy continued on to 39 weeks & he's now a healthy 3 y/o). I had an ultrasound at around 10 weeks and the bleeding started at 12 weeks. We never saw it on the ultrasound beforehand. I didn't have any cramping but I was definitely passing a lot of blood & clots. For me the main difference between the miscarriages and the SCH was the cramping situation. Also, it started right off with heavy bleeding, no spotting/warning it was coming. But that may all just be my experience. The only way to know for sure what's happening is when you go in for that appt. Praying for you and hopefully your pregnancy can continue on with no other complications <3
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this. FX everything turns out ok.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    I feel like the bleeding is continuing and my uterus feels heavy and like someone is pulling on it.  Definitely a lot of cramps. I'm supposed to have more blood work done today, I don't know if I can wait another day to know what the results are. 

Those that had a miscarriage how long did they last once the bleeding started? Should I even attempt to go to work tomorrow? I am teacher so I can't just leave the room whenever.

This is so awful.
  • Options
    mborn24 said:
    I feel like the bleeding is continuing and my uterus feels heavy and like someone is pulling on it.  Definitely a lot of cramps. I'm supposed to have more blood work done today, I don't know if I can wait another day to know what the results are. 

Those that had a miscarriage how long did they last once the bleeding started? Should I even attempt to go to work tomorrow? I am teacher so I can't just leave the room whenever.

This is so awful.
    Sorry I meant to quote you and I think it "loved" your post. If you're a teacher, I wouldn't try to go to work tomorrow. I don't know what's going on but I'd wait til I found out the cause of the bleeding first. I'm so sorry.
  • Options
    My miscarriage bled a bit longer than a period and a tiny bit heavier. I am also a school counselor, and I can not imagine trying to teach while going through this. I would take a personal day for sure. Still hoping and praying for you. 
  • Options
    My miscarraige at 5.5 weeks was just like a period but also a couple days longer like TNChick said. Thinking positive thoughts for you <3

• Options
    I wouldn't say this is like my period at all. It's droplets of blood during excessive movement. Bathroom trips, and I still feel pregnant. Like, I could puke right now. 

And it's been the same both today and yesterday and seems to be tapering off. 

They left me in limbo for sure.
  • Options
    Keep us posted on what you hear <3
  • Options
    Thinking about you - I have my FX that you get positive news this week. Being in limbo sucks.  <3
  • Options
    T-minus a couple of hours until I hear back with my levels. 
  • Options
    Keep us posted. Sorry you're in limbo. I agree with taking tomorrow off, more for the mental side of it than anything else.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Numbers went down. Doesn't look like this will be a viable pregnancy. Thanks for all the support. This looked like a great group of ladies. I wish you all nothing but the best. 
  • Options
    So sorry  :'(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    Thank you all. I'm still in shock
  • Options
    avas_dreamavas_dream member
    edited September 2016
    Ugh @mborn24! So sorry for your loss!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss! 
  • Options
    @mborn24  The greater the storm, the brighter the rainbow.   You are in my thoughts today as I grieve with you...  I am so sorry.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    So sorry to hear. Take care of yourself 
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    I'm so sorry  :(
  • Options
    So sorry!!!!
  • Options
    I am so so sorry
  • Options
    So sorry to hear @mborn24 you have a special place in my thoughts since I remember you from A14. 
  • Options
    @mborn24 So sorry to hear about your loss  :'( Take care of yourself <3
  • Options
    @mborn24 So sorry to hear this :( Sending you lots of hugs
    BFP #1 9/2/16, MMC @ 8w5d, D&E 10/20/16
    BFP #2 12/17/16, EDD 8/26/17
    L born at 35+6 on 7/28/17 <3
  • Options
    erinh2005 said:
    So sorry to hear @mborn24 you have a special place in my thoughts since I remember you from A14. 
    You have an excellent memory! Thank you all for your sweet words. It's been a day, for sure.