Pregnant after IF

***3rd Trimester Check-in / Week of September 12th***

PiperellaPiperella member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What is on your to-do list this week that you want to accomplish before your LO(s) arrive? What are you hoping to get done in September?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy

Also, this will definitely be my last week doing these updates, so I may have @Jerserygirl856 take over next week!  You just will need to copy and paste what is put in this box, update the list of moms and the QOTW!

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-in / Week of September 12th***

• Hey all!  I'm excited to be in week 37, but I'll definitely be around a bit longer.  At my Ob appointment on Friday, they said that my cervix is closed, but soft.  She said I hadn't dilated or effaced at all because LO had been breech for so long.  I can definitely feel the pains of my bones and muscles widening down there now.  He's now well over 6lbs, and I go back on Thursday for another U/S and checkup.  Had my work, women's club, and family/friends baby showers last week, and now I'm tired!  It was really humbling to know how much support and love we have for this LO.

QOTW: What is on your to-do list this week that you want to accomplish before your LO(s) arrive? What are you hoping to get done in September?  This week I am packing our hospital bags, picking out the pediatrician, and getting our car seat bases installed and inspected.  Oh, and writing thank you notes.  I want to get them all done before the baby comes.  I've got a work to-do list as well, and I'm hoping to get through almost all of it before I leave at the very end of September.
  • capps42613capps42613 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm so happy to be joining you gals in the 3rd tri this week  :) I'm currently 28 weeks (Due 12/6/16) with a baby boy, Cason Parker. 

I remember most of you all from when I first joined the IF board, you were just getting your BFP. Just a reminder that my journey began with severe MFI & my low AMH. Only 2/6 eggs fertilized, we transferred both on day 3, & one stuck. 

I recently failed my 1hr GT & will take the 3hr tomorrow. My feet have begun to swell whether I'm standing or sitting, but it tends to get better when their elevated. Hoping it's just normal pregnancy symptoms & nothing more.

QOTW: we picked up the crib & dresser this weekend but can't assemble anything until the hardwood flooring comes in. Home Depot has been screwing with us because it should've been in 9/7. Pregzilla might just  have to go up there!!  :p
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Loading the player...
  • You are getting so close @piperella!

Babywise I had my scare on Saturday (see last weeks post) so hope this week she'll give me a break.
    I only have a breastfeeding course scheduled as Norway is very much pro-breastfeeding and declining the course wouldn't be appreciated much.
    I would like to breastfeed if I can, but it's not a must. If me and my LO won't manage, we won't push it.

QOTW: this month my to-do list is long: 
    I need to get my mortgage sorted, thankfully I have a guy in NL that is doing most of the work.
    I need my health insurance sorted for when I'm in NL as Norway will cover me in NL, but as I'm not Norwegian it will not recognise my baby as she automatically will be Dutch.
    I have to finish writing everything down I do at work for my replacement, and other stuff I do/know as my company is trying to squeeze out all my knowledge before I leave.
    I have to call a midwife in NL, so that I have one from the 1st October.
    I may not forget to book an appointment at my doctors office to draw blood next week as I am negative and my donor is positive.
    I did manage to book an appointment at my hairdresser, one last time before the move, so I can breath and relax :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @Piperella It is so exciting that your body and baby are getting prepared for the delivery !
    @capps42613 Welcome to the 3rd trimester !

@tvh1982 I read your post from last week and I am happy to hear that everything is fine with baby and you. My baby`s activity changes a lot as well. Few days, she moves like crazy almost the whole day and night and makes me wonder when she sleeps. And one day comes, I do not feel her much during the day and start to worry again. I realized that I do not feel some of her movements myself, even though it can be felt if I am holding my belly. You have so much to do these days, I wish you the best with the move and paperwork.

I am doing well, just a little sad that the summer is ending and I could not spend this summer as I wanted. Most of my women friends , family co-workers are super supportive and nice about my look. They keep saying `you look great, so cute etc` but I am getting weird comments from guys who has no business about my weight or look. Not that I care too much, but I do not understand why they feel like they have to make comment. 

We have received most of the big items, crib, mattress, stroller etc. But everything is staying in the extra room within their boxes. It started to make me nervous. We did not start to get prepared for the baby at all. I don`t think there is anything I could accomplish this week but we want to organize baby`s room this month. Also, there is so much I have to finish at work before I leave, so I am trying to finish most of that stuff before mid-October. 
  • mskeenanmskeenan member
    edited September 2016
    Hello everyone ! 

@piperella yay you are so close !!! Good call on getting your thank you notes done . I am pretty sure I will procrastinate with mine :/ 

@capps42613 yay for third tri !! I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass the GD test . I hope the test tomorrow yields better results and you don't have to worry . Hopefully you can take it easy after the test tomorrow - my friends that have done it have said it makes you very tired . Keep us posted !! 

@tvh1982 im sorry for your scare last week . Im happy to read you and baby girl are doing well now . You are busy busy these days - I am impressed ! I hope everything with the house, insurance and jobs goes well !!

@zoefer I'm with you on the weird comments . If I hear "you are bigger every time I see you " one more time I'm gonna go off on someone . I cried last night about body image issues because I'm sick of feeling like my body is the topic of conversation just because I'm pregnant . I just keep reminding myself that this pregnancy is a miracle and my body is the way it needs to be to support this little baby . 

As for me , I'm 30 weeks and just feeling tired and oh so heavy . I have officially started waddling and my legs are rubbing together lol . It's still so hot here in Texas so I'm just holding out for some cooler weather . People keep talking about a "cold front " this week which will mean highs in the upper 80s . Haha . 

My to do list for this week includes reading more of my baby book (Baby 411) and putting up cloud stickers in my baby's nursery . That's about it because I'm wiped out from my job . My nursery theme is airplanes . Here's a pic of what it looks like so far. Woops my app put pic at the top 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Hey ladies! I had my shower this past Saturday and it was so amazing to see family and friends who I don't see much of due to busy schedules. I jumped ahead and write thank you notes in advance to the shower based on the RSVPs. I know it's not the norm but I just didn't want to add anything else to my to-do list. 
    @Piperella you are definitely in the home stretch and I'm looking forward to reading your updates. Sorry to hear about the pain in your bones. 
    @capps42613 welcome to 3rd tri! 
    @tvh1982 whew your to-do list seems busy but doable, good luck!
    @mskeenan love that color! 
    QOTW: I have to order my breast pump, pick up a bouncer, buy and install a car seat and bases. I left car seat and bouncer off my registry as we wanted to buy those items. I also have to pack the hospital bag and deep clean the house. 
  • @mskeenan thanks, I'll let you know the results. His nursery is adorable! Guess he isn't Leo anymore? Lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 thanks !! Good luck tomorrow .  No :( I loved leo but my husband had a cat growing up named leo and he couldn't get past the fact that we were naming our son after an old cat . So Vince it is :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Love the room @mskeenan!!! It's adorable!! Our nursery is a nautical theme....it's almost all set just waiting on some final wall decorations to arrive and put up! 
    Welcome @capps42613!!!! Good luck with the 3 hour test! Hopefully you will pass no problem! I had to do it when we were doing our initial screening stuff for fertility treatment and it really wasn't any different than the 1 hour, just obnoxious having to sit there for 3 hours! 
    So glad everything is okay @tvh1982!!! Sometimes it seems like we can never catch a break!
    @piperella I hear your frustration! We are so close yet so far!! I'm 35 weeks this week and ready to be done!! (Well I'm not really ready but physically and mentally I've had enough!) so exciting that you are full term though!!!!! 
    Qotw: this week I don't plan on accomplishing too much since it's a long work week for me and I do 3 12 hour shifts in a row. I am hoping to finish packing my hospital bag soon (I finished the little man's already) and just waiting for the rest of the nursery decorations to get here so we can finish that! All our stuff is already set up, put together, etc, I'm just anxious to put the finishing touches on the room, even though I know we won't be using his room right away. We are still undecided about our boys name, and it's pretty much been narrowed down to Luca or Landon....Luca is my husbands pick and Landon is mine. I think it's gunna be a game day decision, which is making me slightly nervous as well. Lol
  • Love the nursery @mskeenan! Very cute.

How did your test go @capps42613? And a big welcome to the 3rd trimester.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 thank you! I almost forgot to update here. Passed with flying colors! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi everyone, So much to do and so little time!!! I am 35w+3d today and am trying not to stress out about all the stuff we have to take care of before our LO makes his debut. I am trying to take it one step at a time but it is hard not to get overwhelmed. 

Went to the doctor this week and everything looks good. Baby is still head down and moving a lot. He looks to be weighing 5.7 pounds already.  :o 

Other than that nothing to report other than swollen ankles and the urge to pee every 20 minutes.
  • Thank you @laur244 and @tvh1982 !!

@laur2444 I love both names ! 

@capps42613 yay I'm so happy you passed ! One less thing to worry about :) 

@morningstar80 final countdown ! I know it's so hard not to get overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done . It will get done though !! I am hoping I have some time off of work before baby comes so that I can finish last minute stuff but that may or may not happen . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @Piperella I noticed you said your baby was breech for awhile. Did you have to have him turned or did he turn himself late in the game? My baby boy has been breech forever  :|
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hey,  @capps42613!   I tried many of the at home fixes on spinningbabies.com.  LO had been breech since about week 20, and we had scheduled the c-section for 39w3d.  We were going to make the final call at the week 36 appointment and schedule an external version for week 37. I got the call right before the week 36 ultrasound of all my c-section check in times and confirmation.  Sure enough he had flipped a day or two before. The only difference I know was that I was nesting,  cleaning, and moving around a lot during the weekend. Those nights he was super active and it felt like he was having a ninja fight with himself. He's pretty active to begin with but this was super active.  Just got checked again at 37w4d and he's still head down. I didn't believe anyone when they said that it's possible for the baby to figure it out late in the game.  Hopefully yours will too.  I figured mine just like to be carried around like a baby kangaroo. 
  • @Piperella ok great, you've given me some hope lol. I would just like to avoid a CS if possible. Glad he fixed himself for you!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16