September 2016 Moms

PP Shaking

just curious if anyone here (who has delivered) has experienced horrible PP shaking and chills? I delivered 9/9 via C-section and had to be emergently intubated and put on the ventilator due to a botched spinal block. But since yesterday I get random episodes of violent shaking which raises my temp and heart rate. MD said hormone fluctuations, but just wanted to know if anyone else experienced this and what you did to help calm it!

Re: PP Shaking

• BibliobebeBibliobebe member
    edited September 2016
    I haven't delivered yet, but I've been warned several times by Nurses/Midwives that this is likely to happen (to some extent) and is totally normal due to (as your MD said) hormone fluctuations.

The only advice I was given regarding this was to get as comfortable as possible, whether it's taking a warm shower (if you feel cold) or sit around in the nude (if you're burning up), be sure to eat, and stay super hydrated.

If you're BFing, I think they mentioned nursing might help during a shaking episode.

Hope you feel better soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I remember having the major shivers with DS, especially when nursing at night. My husband would have to pile on robes and blankets to help me stop. Thank you hormones!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • i got the shakes SO bad right before i delivered my LO... my hormone levels must have dropped drastically since i was near the end of delivery. everyone kept asking me if i was cold, no i am not cold, just having a hormone fit. lol. Have not had them since then though.
  • Anesthesia can cause that too. But usually wears off a few hours after you wake up. 

I was shaking so hard during transition and afraid they'd mess up my epidural.  It was so hard to keep still! 
  • I got shakes PP too. I was told it was all normal and due to hormones. I did have an epidural though, and I know that can also cause it.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    edited September 2016
    +1 for pp shaking and sweating. They had to redress my IV so many times. I had a c-section and spinal but was told it was the hormones. 

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

• I had a c-section on 9/9 and have been shaking!  I wasn't sure why, but it sounds normal!  Thanks for posting this!