1st Trimester
Options

Working out

Im 5w5d. I am (was) a lond distance runner. When I found out I was pregnant I was training for my first 50K race. Even before I would out I was pregnant my long run was hard.  I barely have the energy for a short run or a modified Workout.  And it's extremely difficult for
me to work out. I hate this because I'm used to being so strong and barely get out of breath when I just go for a run, now I can't catch my breath. 

I I know that I am creating a little human but I didn't know it would hurt this much not to workout. Does it get better?

is anyone else experiencing this? I guess I don't know how many people cry because they can't run like I used to or lift like I did 3 weeks ago....

Re: Working out

• Options
    With my first son, who is now 18 months, I was in great shape.  I had just finished a marathon a few months before conceiving, was teaching spinning class several nights a week, running, strength training....long story short the first pregnancy hit me like a ton of bricks.  I couldn't even run a few miles.  I was winded, always felt like I had to pee, was exhausted.  It does get better but coming from someone who pretty much knows how you feel, listen to your body and don't push yourself.  I basically went from runner to walker and taught spin until the third trimester until doc told me to stop.  After baby Im back to running, lifting, feeling strong, and life is great as a fit mommy...can we say squats while holding your little one?!  Hang in there, it will get better.  Find other activities to keep you strong that don't deplete you!
  • Options
    Thank you! That makes me feel better... still hard when I'm so used to being in such great shape and now I can barely do anything! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm only a few weeks at this point, but I'm afraid to do too much. I'm a hiker, and I want to enter a ten mile challenge the end of September, but I'm afraid of over-exerting myself. I wouldn't really hike for speed, but just for enjoyment. I've been walking every day though, and I hope I can keep it up.
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Options
    I love hiking too, do it often with my son in the backpack.  I need to call my ob and see if I can still take him along with me.  Its so early in this pregnancy but I feel so good.  Haven't been overdoing it, trying more yoga and walking but the hiking with him on my back is fun and a great workout.  Here's to moms who like to stay fit while pregnant!
  • Options
    Hey @wenninger2016, it does get better! For me, I had to slow down on my workouts at week 7 because I had NO energy.  All I wanted to do was sleep and working out made me even more exhausted! Then, at week 11, my energy started coming back and I was able to ease back into working out.  I will say this; however, hills are NO joke. I find myself constantly slowing down when I hit a hill but that's to be expected.   Biggest piece of advice: listen to your body and don't try to overdo it!! 

**Triggers**

Me: 32  DH: 35  Married 10/4/14

TTC  #1 May 2015 BFP: July 21, 2015  Stillborn January 8, 2016

TTC #2 April 2016 BFP: June 17, 2016

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Girl Shih-Tzu and Baby Boy Boston are my furbabies

• Options
    I was in the middle of training for a half marathon (my sixth) when we conceived.  I'm still trying to decide if I can continue with a run/walk program at least. My first OB appt is Friday so we'll see how it goes. For now I've just been running very slowly... sometimes not by choice since I get winded MUCH faster now! Just being very careful with keeping it at an easy effort. I've heard staying active staves off nausea and morning sickness, and so far I've not experienced any at 6 1/2 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm far from a 50k but I just ran a half marathon yesterday at 6w1d. I had been struggling for a couple of weeks with exhaustion and shortness of breath but actually felt pretty comfortable during the race. With DD I had dizziness anytime I ran so I had to stop running until around week 9 or 10 but it did get better.  I know it sucks to have to curtail your athletic accomplishments during pregnancy but just remember that the point of staying active during pregnancy is simply overall good health. 

If you feel up to it and are far enough into your training, you might still be fine to continue training for it (discuss with your doctor of course) but be ready to listen to your body and potentially slow it down or make adjustments. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Are there any specific boards for exercise during pregnancy or just this thread?  Would be nice to find a community of moms that are runners/fit mommies to chat with.  Just joined a gym again to get back at it...Im 8 weeks tomorrow and get super winded so quickly.  No running for me.  Same thing happened with my first pregnancy.  Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Options
    Most BMBs have a fit mama check in 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Hi,
    I ran 2km yesterday and I plan to do it every other day plus some yoga. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. I already feel my bra is almost too small (and I'm only 6w). What do you girls do? Do you buy a bigger size every 2-3 months? Do sports bra for pregnancy exist? 
    Thanks!