October 2015 Moms

Are we falling way behind?

hi there! LO was 10 months on 8/26. I feel like he's doing well in a lot of areas, but am starting to wonder if we're behind developmentally in some areas. I know babies are all different and progress at their own paces, but there are a few things that seem behind. So, he doesn't hold his own bottle or feed himself, but he will hold a drink from a sippy cup with straw. No waving, but does point randomly. No sleeping through the night..I was up 4 times with him the other night! No solids, only purées, nothing with texture. I can't help but feelmaybeim doing something wrong and setting him up for failure.
TTC #1 Since July 2014 
 BFP 7.25.14~ EDD 4.8.15 
MMC 9.22.14 @ 11w5d Baby Measured 8w2d
Two failed doses of Misoprostal  D&C 9.25.14

Re: Are we falling way behind?

• Eh, my guy just started holding his bottle at 9 months. I think he's lazy. He only started waving recently bc it only recently occurred to me to teach him. He's not very expressive. And still wakes up for a bottle 1-2x a night. His only word is mommomomom, and that's when he's mad and wants me to do something for him. He also seems to eat very little. That really worries me but he's still growing and seems fine. Idk, I think these kids are meant to drive us insane with worry
  • If your truly worried talk to your Dr.   As for the food, I started slowly leaving some chunks in our homemade purees.  At first he gagged but it didn't take long and now he'd rather feed himself chunks of food.  My son doesn't grasp the tilt back of the sippy cup and only recently started waving and we worked on it.   Everytime we walked away from hi we waved bye.  He still only does it when he feels like it!  He has also never slept through the night.  I'm not worried.  It'll all when when it's meant to.  We have friends who's babies this age have been walking for awhile or saying lots of words and on the other end of the spectrum who aren't even trying to move or crawl... they go at their own pace.
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Loading the player...
  • My daughter is also 10 months old... She doesn't sleep through the night yet... and has only done so about a dozen times total. She pretty much skipped eating pureed foods, I think it's a texture issue. She is eating Gerber puffs right now... and so far that's the only thing we have been able to get her to eat besides breastmilk. I worry too, but always check in with her doctor. At her last visit, he gave her a clean bill of health, so I'm thankful for that. Good luck Momma!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers