October 2016 Moms

Sunday Ticker Change 09.11.16

How far along are you?  

What size is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Symptoms?

GTKY: 
What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunday Ticker Change 09.11.16

• How far along are you?  33 weeks

What size is baby?  
    Pineapple, Celery stalk, A store bought loaf of sliced bread

Upcoming appointments?  
    I go back in 1.5 weeks for a quick check.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    We finally have the nursery almost set up, and I am washing Joseph's bedding and clothes today!! It's so exciting getting everything together!!

Symptoms?  
    The swelling in my feet and ankles has gotten so bad, and a bit painful. I'm trying everything to get it to go down: epson salt baths, massages, compression socks, ice, elevation. It will go down during the night when I'm off my feet, but everyday is a continuing struggle. I'm getting more uncomfortable and it's harder to sleep. Heartburn occasionally. Starting to feel more and more pelvic pressure. 

GTKY: 
    What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you?  My Mom made her own baby food, and also used cloth diapers. I am hoping to repeat this same thing for our son. We have the cloth diapers, and that I am committed to. As far as the making our own baby food, I know it's healthier, so I'm hoping I can get into a routine of doing this as well in the future!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

What size is baby? 
    Celery stalk, cauliflower 

Upcoming appointments? 
    Next Wednesday for a check up.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I had a second, small baby shower with my side of the family yesterday. Weird knowing that the next time I see them all, baby will be here! 

Symptoms? 
    Still getting heartburn and swollen ankles. Have had some insomnia the last few nights which is not fun!

GTKY: 
    What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you? My mom read to me every night and I think that really gave me my love of reading. She recently gave me a bunch of my old baby books and I can't wait to start reading them to baby!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016
    How far along are you?  37 weeks -- full term!

What size is baby? 
    Romaine lettuce head? 6 lb 2 oz last Tuesday.

Upcoming appointments? 
    u/s, nst, ob on Wednesday

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I was 1cm dilated last week, so here's hoping after this week of contractions (see below), we have some movement on that front.  We're ready for baby!

Symptoms?
    Lots of contractions every night that don't go anywhere! Super frustrating and it makes it hard to get any rest. Baby dropped last Monday, so my heartburn is no more... hallelujah! I want to eat ALL THE FOOD.

GTKY: 
    What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you? Cloth diapers like @Pupatella, but we plan to do baby-led weaning. So although my mom also did homemade baby food, we'll hopefully be skipping that part!

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

What size is baby?
    celery, ferret

Upcoming appointments? 
    None this week, just had one last Wednesday that went well!

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    We had our second baby shower yesterday and it was great! Now I just need to get everything organized and figure out what is left to still get before baby comes. 

Symptoms?
     A little swelling lately, I haven't been able to wear my rings all weekend. Definitely getting more uncomfortable, and having a hard time sleeping. 

GTKY: 
    What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you? Hmm... I'm not really sure. Definitely reading to her every night, but that is something that both of my parents did, not just my mom, and I know it is something that DH and I will both do with our baby girl. 

• How far along are you?  37 weeks!

What size is baby?
    Striped Skunk or tackle box.

Upcoming appointments?
    U/S and Ob appt on Thursday morning

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Baby shower thrown by dad and stepmom was today, went really well although I'm exhausted now.  We've purged the living room and put together the pack and play, stroller, and all the rocking/bouncing/swinging chairs.  Next up is clearing off the kitchen counters and some shelves in the kitchen to make room for the bathing stuff.

Symptoms?
    I think I had a bit of carpal tunnel going on in my right wrist and hand.  Pins and needles galore.  Was difficult to type/use the mouse with it going on.  I'm tired, and so tired that when I take a nap I drool now.

GTKY: 
    What’s one thing that you will do the exact same as your Mom did for you? Read to me?  Try to breast feed, although I know she was successful.. I'm not sure if I will be due to a previous breast reduction.