September 2016 Moms
Options

The Labor Thread

Re: The Labor Thread

• Options
    @jas1982 I hope this is it!! Nothing worse than wasted pain haha. 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    I hope things are progressing for you @jas1982 if it's baby time for you good luck!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jas1982 My mom's only 3 hours away, but I plan to wait until I'm officially admitted to call her over. I don't plan on having her in the delivery room, though, so she doesn't need to be here super soon. Also, I know plenty of people have quick labors, but based on family history, mine will not be fast either. Just depends on how soon you'll want to see her once you go in!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So I kinda feel like my water broke bc I was using the bathroom and there was this big gush and ever since then I've been leaking but I'm super nervous that it's a false alarm again.
    It is super clear bit it kinda smells like pee? But not really?
    Ahh when should I call? I'd be so embarrassed if it wasn't real AGAIN
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Megan324, exciting! If you put a pad on and you're continually leaking when you change positions (lay down, get up, lean over etc), it's prbly the real deal! You can hang out and see if contractions start!
  • Options
    @Megan324 Yup, just as mentioned above. I had some concerns about possibly leaking and they said if you feel a gush or trickle and it's enough to fill about a pad per hour or run down your leg. Also, it does not smell like pee or like discharge, I've been told it smells almost sweet. If you feel like it's your water, I'd get checked! Keep us posted!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @tiger2010 good luck! Hope those farts come out!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @tiger2010 I did the same thing, such a fart machine lol!! Hopefully you and DH can laugh about it together. Hopefully getting that gas out now will help your contractions feel a little better in the beginning once they start out :)
  • Options
    @Megan324 We can form the false alarms club! I've gone in three times, and feel like a dweeb....BUT, I'm going to accept this is my fate, and know that I'm just trying to do what is best for the little one.

I rolled over last night and felt a pop...and I was praying it was my water. Thinking, "gush, baby gush!" I guess it was just my back popping. Lame.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Megan324 We can form the false alarms club! I've gone in three times, and feel like a dweeb....BUT, I'm going to accept this is my fate, and know that I'm just trying to do what is best for the little one.

I rolled over last night and felt a pop...and I was praying it was my water. Thinking, "gush, baby gush!" I guess it was just my back popping. Lame.

Also praying my water breaks so I don't feel like a loser going to L&D haha
  • Options
    @pilotswifey is this your first too??
    I feel so lame but I've never been in labor before!
    We can get matching hats lollll
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Haha @hejo2016 that's too funny! Good luck!! 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Tmi but I Lost my mucous plug an hour ago and freaked out because it was black. I called the on call midwife and found out its completely normal so no need to freak out like me and my husband did!
  • Options
    Good luck @Megan324!!! Wow, straight for the heavy duty stuff lol, they don't mess around!
  • Options
    @Shiva14 LOL that's how I felt!
    I still feel okay, lots of cramps but not enough to even consider morphine
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay, @Megan324! Good luck! I hope it goes quickly for you. Baby time!!
  • Options
    Thinking of you @Megan324 hoping you're still doing well! Almost time to meet your LO!!
  • Options
    Ah825 said:
    Hi ladies! I'm 39w2days and I called off work today I think I might be in early labor. I'm having really painful cramping in my stomach, but it's in my upper to middle. I feel really sick. I have also had diarrhea twice. Could this be it? I called a labor and delivery nurse and she said it could be early onset labor. Either way, I'm not teaching a classroom of kindergarteners feeling like this!
    I hope it's the real deal!!
  • Options
    @Ah825 It sounds like it to me! Good luck!
  • Options
    @Ah825 sounds like it could be a stomach bug? But I'm hoping for you its labor!!!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    Ladies- I've been at the hospital since 1 pm! Was having very regular painful contractions while feeling extremely sick.  but they've gone away or are barely noticeable for me and now I'm feeling almost back to normal. They have been pumping me with IVs since 1 pm. It's now 330 am. My dr wanted me to stay overnight to keep monitored since I am high risk.  I think being back to school gave me a bug and it brought on contractions. I can't believe I have to go through this again- damn! My doctor will be back at 9 to most likely send me home. 
  • Options
    @Ah825 thinking of you and hoping for the best! Keep us posted!
  • Options
    @Ah825 awe, doesn't sound too fun......hang in there!! 
  • Options
    Ah825 said:
    Ladies- I've been at the hospital since 1 pm! Was having very regular painful contractions while feeling extremely sick.  but they've gone away or are barely noticeable for me and now I'm feeling almost back to normal. They have been pumping me with IVs since 1 pm. It's now 330 am. My dr wanted me to stay overnight to keep monitored since I am high risk.  I think being back to school gave me a bug and it brought on contractions. I can't believe I have to go through this again- damn! My doctor will be back at 9 to most likely send me home. 
    Bummer! I hope labour is just around the corner for ya
  • Options
    You ladies are so wonderful thank you! I'm still here. Cried when I found out I had to stay and get a catheter and more testing. Doctor is worried about preeclampsia. 
  • Options
    @Ah825 love tit for support. Yikes! That doesn't sound fun, but I'm hoping you get some answers real soon. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you @Ah825
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @Ah825 hoping you feel better soon and real labor comes along as well.  
  • Options
    Yay @RG1 so exciting! Keep us posted. Hope it's a quick and smooth delivery. Can't wait to hear all about it!
  • Options
    Ditto to what @rock1cherry said ! 

Hope it goes great ! @RG1 - I bet you are super excited ! Sure wish I was in labor, hahah !