Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hi, I'm new.

Hi, I'm new here.

Don't want to write a huge post but it's been 3 weeks today since I miscarried. We went to the doctor for a gender reveal ultrasound at 16 weeks and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. Devastating. 40 minutes later I was at the hospital getting ready to have a d&c. Luckily my husband was with me at the doctors appointment and stayed the whole way through. He has been really great and I know he is going through a herd time with this as well. We have a healthy 2 1/2 year old daughter at home. We want to try again but not for awhile. 

I wanted so badly to feel better the week after it happened, so I think I just tried really hard to to set myself up for that; seeing a counselor, took a week off work, made necessary doctors appointments, taking medication for anxiety. And I know I will get better but now it's like I'm going backwards. I suppose there will be days like this. 

I'm just tired of people asking me how I'm doing (um, im sad, my baby died) or giving me the pity look. I think the worst is when people say, "I'm so sorry!" And in my head I want to reply that I don't care how YOU feel! Even though I know that's not how they mean it. So I just say thank you. 

The most comforting thing is probably people letting me know that they have been through the same thing, even though I never want this to happen to anyone ever, it helps me feel like I'm not crazy. So I guess this is a good place to start. 

Re: Hi, I'm new.

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you will find this board as helpful and supportive as I do 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  I agree w/ pp.  this board has helped me tremendously.  Talking about it with other women in the same situation is helpful.  As wonderful as my husband is, I needed the support of other women. It's been 3 weeks for me.   I have good and bad days and I know the good days will
    increase.   My thoughts and prayers are with you. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss. I hope that you find support here. It is a safe place to vent and ask questions. 
  • Options
    I am sorry. you are not alone. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017