August 2015 Moms

Domestic violence

My ex partner savagely beat me on Friday 27th may. He beat me with a pole, he used his fists dragging my hair and smashed my head into our bin at home he even tried to bite. During this attack he put my 10 month LO into his cot and insured all doors and windows were locked. 

Re: Domestic violence

• After beating me he applied an ointment to my skin. And went to work. I immediately called my family who helped me pack everything up within 2 hours 
  • I'm devastated because social services got involved informed me that they are not under any circumstances safe to be around children. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm terrified to leave the house and I have night mares he's in the room with me when I wake up. I need to share this with people who aren't family and friends as I feel they can be judgy 
  • I just needed to express how I feel. As everyone keeps saying how brave I am. I'm so terrified for mine and my sons safety. The police are involved
  • So it's making me feel slightly safer. I don't think I'll feel safe to he's locked up. I will never forgive him for what he's done to me
  • Good for you for getting out and protecting yourself and your baby! Stay strong and don't be afraid to seek help for the nightmares and emotional parts of this.
  • I'm sorry I don't have any advice but stay strong momma! thoughts and prayers for you.
  • I'm so sorry that happened to you.  I've never been through that so I won't pretend to know what you're going through.  I just want to say that I'm praying for you and your baby.  Also, do not be ashamed to reach out to friends and family, or crisis centers/shelters.  You did nothing wrong.

Praying that you find peace and comfort. 
  • Thank you all for your encouragement. I will never return to him my parents already said if I do they will call social services on me as he's a risk to children especially his family he was abused as a child by his parents. My mum already said she will have my son if I ever returned to him. I will never return to him. He Is harassing me at the moment via email with all the predictable " I love you"  lines etc. He will not pull the wool over my eyes I honestly thought he was going to kill me that day. 
  • I've just heard through a mutual friend that he's gone on holiday as he posted on Facebook he's gone away for a few days to clear his head. Because I left him and he doesn't know why. Ofcourse I feel as if he's just trying to get to me so I give him some kind of communication. I only reply to my emails If it's regarding my son and contact with him. In which I tell him it will be arranged thru a 3rd party such as a contact centre. I hate this man for changing my life in one day. He's turnt me into someone else who is so terrified to even put a dirty nappy in the bin outside the house. 
  • And of course there is no shame in a shelter. I am just not wanting to go as I think of how lonely I would be. I wouldn't leave. Yes my parents both work but at least they are back in the evenings. 
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this :/ I'm glad you spoke out on the discussion board, we are here to support you any way we can. You're a good mama for protecting your baby first and foremost. This happened to a good friend of mine recently. For her, it was painful to think of losing the good parts of her relationship, but worth it to feel safe and valued with her parents. You deserve better, don't settle- you will find someone who loves and values you. Hugs and prayers during this very difficult time!! 
  • @marieva I sent you a inbox 
  • @talisha1992I am so sorry! I just saw this post! I replied back today. 

• You know we are survivors. I am 10 years removed from that situation and 100,000$ later my now husband adopted my son and my ex has no rights. 

I remember the the day my mom packed and I had two weeks of clothing an never returned.. Restraining orders, jails, courts, supervised visits.. 

Therapy..the nightmares eventually go away, you eventually block all bad memories, PTSD still is a factor but I am working through it. 

Its been 8.5 years since I left like you. We are SURVIVORS!! Don't forget it. We are the ladies that made it out, others get killed. 

If you need anything or someone to talk to I'm here. 

We we have a story and GOD wants you to share it. 

I have helped lotsbof women women and built their confidence up from my past and the strength I have now. 

Just st love that little baby.. 

I am now a mom of a 10yr old and 1year old 

• @heath3er this last week has been hell. My ex partner has been breaking into friends home because he suspects ive been sleeping with them and hes convinced im inside. He has been arrested 4 times since last wednesday because of this and criminal damage. He is due back at the station today as i finally reported what he did to me  back in may as i now feel as if im being hunted.He has shown up at my mums house foaming at the mouth and pacing the street. Authorities are questioning his mental health. Hes been stalking my family and calling at all hours with heavy breathing. I will start to get the ball rolling on a molestation order so he cant come near me or my son. Hes fighting people in the street and was let out on bail 2 days ago because he had a psychotic break. (Which terrified me because they released someone who clearly needs to be kept in.) He doesnt know where i am and he put on facebook for anyone to point me out. I do not leave the house and if i do i get my mum to check the street to make sure hes not watching. The nightmares or continuous. I wait to see if he will be charged today if so he will attend court on Saturday. I pray something happens. I cant keep living in fear.
  • I am praying for you. I'm going to pm you 
  • I sent you a pritalisha1992 said:

i just sent you a private message
    @heath3er this last week has been hell. My ex partner has been breaking into friends home because he suspects ive been sleeping with them and hes convinced im inside. He has been arrested 4 times since last wednesday because of this and criminal damage. He is due back at the station today as i finally reported what he did to me  back in may as i now feel as if im being hunted.He has shown up at my mums house foaming at the mouth and pacing the street. Authorities are questioning his mental health. Hes been stalking my family and calling at all hours with heavy breathing. I will start to get the ball rolling on a molestation order so he cant come near me or my son. Hes fighting people in the street and was let out on bail 2 days ago because he had a psychotic break. (Which terrified me because they released someone who clearly needs to be kept in.) He doesnt know where i am and he put on facebook for anyone to point me out. I do not leave the house and if i do i get my mum to check the street to make sure hes not watching. The nightmares or continuous. I wait to see if he will be charged today if so he will attend court on Saturday. I pray something happens. I cant keep living in fear.