April 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread (09/07)

How are you feeling? What's new with your symptoms? What tricks have you learned to deal with some of them? Share here!

Re: Symptoms Thread (09/07)

• I learned I have to eat Cheerios immediately upon waking to feel semi-normal all day.  Apparently once I get too hungry, I am too queasy to eat (which seems a lot like how parenting goes). It's been a life saver! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • My morning sickness appears to have switched to evening sickness. Kind of suddenly. Weird. Also my boobs don't hurt as much anymore. Is that normal? Also having aversions to just about everything except salad. Which is good I guess. :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich - yes!!! Last time around my boobs were really only sore for a few days, tops. This time was longer but it has subsisted which makes me much more comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Asian food for the win. It seems like all I can stomach is ramen, pho and other Asian soup-like things. I haven't thrown up yet, but woah nausea. My breasts are very achy and I've started getting dizzy if I stand up too quickly. I did some research and that's normal, but also means that I need to be drinking more water. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • Holy morning sickness! The sore super tender breasts have calmed down but it seems to have ramped up the all day nausea, and let's not forget heroicly vomming while putting the kids lunches together this morning. 

Also it would be cool if my extra anxiety could chill, mostly because it's making me queezier. :(
    imagelogan and ruthieLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I threw up my diclectin last night so that was fun. I've been pretty much existing on small sips of water and arrowroot cookies today :(
  • Ok. Weird-ish question. I just got over a sinus infection that I had to take Augmentin for. When I was checked at the doctor, I had a low-grade fever (99ish). I've totally finished the antibiotic and feel like the sinus infection is gone, but am getting weird temperature readings. I used a temporal thermometer and one side of my forehead reads 98.5, while the other reads 99.5. I don't know which to go by, and am wondering if my body temp is just a bit elevated from being pregnant. Thoughts? Anyone experience this issue with temporal thermometer?

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• ebloom3 said:
    Ok. Weird-ish question. I just got over a sinus infection that I had to take Augmentin for. When I was checked at the doctor, I had a low-grade fever (99ish). I've totally finished the antibiotic and feel like the sinus infection is gone, but am getting weird temperature readings. I used a temporal thermometer and one side of my forehead reads 98.5, while the other reads 99.5. I don't know which to go by, and am wondering if my body temp is just a bit elevated from being pregnant. Thoughts? Anyone experience this issue with temporal thermometer?
    Temperal thermoms imo aren't super accurate imho. I usually take a temp at least 3 times with one. (i work at a daycare and thats the only kind of thermometer we're allowed to use) 99.5 is also not technically a temp/fever, and might just be exertion. But keep an eye on it, in case it goes up.
  • @ebloom3 - hope you're starting to feel better! My temp has been elevated since since fertilization. I'm normally around 97.3-97.5, but I've taken my temp on and off since finding out about the pregnancy, and I've hovered about 99 a few times. I'm chalking it up to gestating a human. :) 
  • STM2017STM2017 member
    edited September 2016
    Nausea and vomiting for 5.5 weeks straight. I am so sick of this "morning" sickness that lasts all freakin' day. @HGRich, in the last week my morning sickness is much stronger in the evenings as well. Makes me not want to make any plans! I think I'm going to be antisocial for the next few weeks. 
  • My right breast currently feels like I have a clogged duct. I got clogged ducts quite a bit when pumping for DS (finished almost 2 years ago). I just did a quick Google search and it looks like you can get them during pregnancy, but most people were later on-late second tri and beyond. Anyone else have anything like this?
  • Just started throwing up this week, only in the evenings.  I think it is caused by my drive home in stop and go traffic.  Anyone have suggestions for dealing with nausea  while driving?   If I'm not throwing up (which has only happened a couple of times) I dry heave and it is so gross.  I'll be watching tv with my husband and just loudly start gagging.  

• @aboxofchocolates I have been getting super nauseous in the car lately as well. However, if I'm driving it isn't as bad. Sorry.  :'(
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @aboxofchocolates, I find sucking on candies or chewing gum helps me
    while driving. That and making sure I have lemon water with me. Jolly Ranchers have been my saving grace the last few weeks!
  • @aboxofchocolates I have to agree with @STM2017. I've been sucking on lemon jolly ranchers like they are going out of style.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @aboxofchocolates I eat crackers slowly while driving. I don't like hard candies. Lol
  • Threw up yellow bile this morning. That was gross. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @STM2017 I'm right with you, sugar free  jolly ranchers and lemon heads help significantly in the car. I fear throwing up on the highway! How would you keep your eyes on the road!?!?

For weeks I've been so tired and nauseated, and low appetite, yesterday I slept for 12 hours and woke up feeling great. Not tired at all, and had an appetite! It spooked me a little because I worried the symptoms going away meant something was wrong. However this morning I woke up feeling great again, but threw up with no building nausea- it just hit me like a wave and then went away.  Odd odd odd! 

• schef070911schef070911 member
    edited September 2016
    @aboxofchocolates I've been getting nauseous in the car too and I second all the other suggestions - Sour Patch Kids in particular have been my ticket.  Also saltine crackers or plain Cheerios.

Edited: Forgot to add that my baby bloat has increased noticeably in the past week.  I am 10 weeks and officially using the rubber band trick to fasten all my jeans and corduroy pants (dress pants are tighter but still okay).  Trying to tell myself that it's normal, but I'm just not used to it yet.  :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Hi - I have had more nausea this week than in the past - has it got worse for anyone else? I also feel super bloated this week and have a small pooch. I'm still tired every day, but lots of water and working out is helping that.
     Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @harperk555 they say weeks 8 and 9 are the worst. week 9 was the worst for me so far in terms of actually throwing up (I'm 10w4d now). 10 hasn't been peachy either. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• I was really unwell and weak a week ago, but hardly any symptoms for three- four days now!  I was worried but this morning I had a vanity scan and baby is looking perfect at 8w1d!  But seriously, the only symptoms i have are slightly larger breasts (not sore), the funny frequent peeing and a weird one: being hungry really bothers me. Previously i could go hungry for hours and not think twice about it (eg long meetings, etc), now if I am hungry, i have to eat!! Otherwise really no symptoms.. Weird.
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @catem07 thanks! I have my first doc visit next week, so we're excited about that! @smallanimal I also get more hungry and used to not have to eat right away, so now I'm eating 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3. The 2 in between are snacks (fruit, nuts, etc). Keeps me super full and still healthy.
     Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Finally the last few days I have been feeling more like myself and able to function through the day a little better. Hopefully I didn't jinx myself now! I am 10+2 though so I hope I am on to the more better days than bad part of the first tri! Today is the first day where I actually have certain foods I am wanting vs everything sounding disgusting. It's great but kinda dangerous too... :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PSA for anyone with nausea/vomiting. I had yet to find something that helps my nausea and vomiting (it was the same with baby #1 and lasted until 14ish weeks), but after doing tons of research yesterday I decided to try out magnesium oil. Granted, this is only day #1 trying it, but I definitely notice an improvement. I've used magnesium oil before while trying to get pregnant, so I'm familiar with it (it can sting on the skin sometimes, so just be aware that is normal) but I haven't thrown up yet today, which is a huge victory. The nausea isn't totally gone, but it's definitely more manageable. Of course, talk to your OB first before using it, but as of now, I'd say I definitely recommend. Here's a link to the brand I use if you're interested: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017DZR480/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I no longer feel like the nausea will kill me. It's still there but not so bad. Still can't do much for meat. I can eat a fast food burger but I made a delish steak 2 days ago, bit into it and about lost it all right there at the table. I'm still tired and I feel like my stomach is up in my ribcage. Not sure how it's going to be once it's really pushed up there... My back has been also completely out of whack. I went to a chiro but the muscles are so tight that she couldn't even adjust it all. I think I'll have to cave and get myself a massage.

• @MrsBakes I hear you on the back pain. Yesterday, I hurt so bad I couldn't move. I took a warm bath with some epsom salts and it helped quite a bit, and then I forced DH to give me some knuckle rolls along the muscle. Today, I'm upright although there is still some tenderness.
  • My daytime nausea had gotten a smidge better. Nights still suck donkey balls but I haven't thrown up in a few days so I'll call it a win. 

And this will sound odd but my posture is changing. I don't know how to explain it but it's like I'm in late pregnancy or something. It could be that my hips are hurting I guess. Weird. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @HGRich  congratulations on the viable scan!!!!  B)  
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I'm so sorry to be that gross girl, but is anyone else still dealing with .... Poop issues? I have not had any constipation - quite the opposite. It's been my entire pregnancy and it's freaking me out a bit. Doctor said it wasn't an issue as long as I wasn't dehydrated, but my last pregnancy was NOT like this. Anyone? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kcasset, I haven't personally noticed a difference. But (TMI?) I've always been very regular/loose lol. One of my friends had diarrhea throughout her pregnancy with her daughter. She never threw up but ended up losing weight first trimester because of the diarrhea. I agree though with your doctor. Just make sure you're keeping yourself well hydrated. 
  • Thanks, @STM2017  it's just so different than last time that it makes me very confused! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

•  @kcasset  Thanks for being the one to bring it up.  I'm in the same boat.  Literally it has not been "normal" for like 2 weeks.  The worst part is I have been eating such simple things because of food aversions that it doesn't even make sense that I would have an upset stomach.  When in doubt blame pregnancy.

Yesterday and so far today I haven't really had any symptoms. Nausea seems to be gone which of course worries me.  But it is so nice to know that I am not the only one going through this.  I don't have any bleeding or severe cramps so I'm going to stay positive (or try)

• @kcasset  Yup I'm having that problem too.  Which is especially annoying since I'm nauseous all day, and when I finally get myself to eat something... it just comes on out :/  I'm trying to stop losing weight but it's a struggle!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Holy morning sickness Batman! Hit me like a ton of bricks this morning, now all I want to eat is tiny pretzels. 
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • So this is my 5th pregnancy and I've never experienced this before....maybe you can share if any of you have.  I'm 7w 3d and yesterday evening I was standing in the kitchen when out of nowhere it felt like my uterus was on fire.  Only lasted about 30 seconds.  Tingly and burning.  Happened a few minutes later and then not again since.  I've been cramping since 5 weeks.  No spotting or anything.  Just never experienced that before.  Curious if anyone else has had this.

• @chelle087 the same thing happened to me last week! I am still breastfeeding DS less than twice a day (we are slowly weaning), but I really don't feel as though I am producing enough to have an actual clogged duct, and I couldn't feel a lump or hot spot. It eventually went away, but I figured it was due to first trimester symptoms.