March 2017 Moms
Options

Fetal heart rate of 195

So at my ten week ultrasound,  I had one due to spotting which we learned was from a cyst, the baby's heart rate was 195.  The tech said it was very high but my midwife and OB were not concerned.  While my OB and midwife have given me some peace of mind I am still a little worried and wanted to hear from your experiences.  This pregnancy came about right after a miscarriage around 7 weeks so I am more on edge than I would otherwise be.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: Fetal heart rate of 195

• Options
    jem89jem89 member
    edited August 2016
    All I can give is my own experience, DD1 had a heartbeat in the 190s throughout my pregnancy. I got scared when DD2 was 140 (edit: because I thought 190 was normal). Both were perfectly healthy with no complications. I think technicians see the same old "average" all day so they make a little comment like "oh that's high" because it's a slight difference and we get so nervous... Just a thought of why he/she made the comment. 
  • Options
    If your OB isn't concerned, I wouldn't be concerned. That's the rule of thumb I've been following after also *TW* experiencing a loss. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, how far along are you? I'm pretty sure - don't quote me on it - that the heart rate will come down as you progress. 
  • Options
    i was 10.4 at the u/s.  I do know that ten is when the rate peaks but it still seemed high to me.
  • Options
    I was 10+4 at my last ultrasound and the hr was 190. When I questioned it dr and tech said it was normal and it will start to slow down the further along you are. Of course I went home and googled and found that there is a huge range, and while 195 is the top of the so called normal range, it is still within that normal range for that time (10 weeks).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was about 180 at 9+5 and he said that was super normal and after 10 weeks it would start dropping. Sure enough just did fetal heart tones last week at 12 weeks and it was 166. So I wouldn't be concerned if your doctor isn't. :)