May 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise/Fitness Check-in 09/08

Alright ladies, let's here how you've been active this week!

What exercises/activity did you do this week?

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active?

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy?

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-in 09/08

• Options
    Weights, elliptical, yoga - I'm cutting way back on dancing already.

Not yet - I have mild exhaustion some days - but I can usually overcome it.

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy?
    I'm not normally a swimmer, but I think I will try it once I get bigger! I think it'll be comforting to be supported by the water like that!
  • Options

I've only been able to get my walking in this week, but I teach Zumba class tonight so I will get that in this week.

I've been exhausted, but mostly my busy schedule this week has limited my exercise.

I do not plan to try anything new as I usually try to mix it up anyway. I will adjust some of my workouts as needed.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had symphysis pubis disorder / pelvic pain for both of my pregnancies, so the goal this time was to get strong in my core and hips before the pregnancy started. I didn't get quite to the level I wanted, but I did do some exercise and will try to be consistently doing yoga for as long as possible, certainly throughout the first trimester. This week all I've done is yoga once, though! I need to do it every day but there's only so much time. 
  • Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited September 2016
    What exercises/activity did you do this week? Barre3 and belly dance classes. My belly dance class was intense, because we have a performance coming up and this routine has so many step changes and shimmies. I was pouring sweat. Barre3, I try to go to three times a week before work (but I couldn't on Labor Day), and it always makes me sore. My goal is to maintain my workouts during my pregnancy. 

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active? I work out at Barre3 at 6am, and all I want to do is sleep. Fatigue is my only problem this early on. 

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy? I considered yoga, but Barre3 uses yoga moves. I think I'll just try to keep up with what I already have on my plate. 
  • Options
    @MollyandD  I took my first Barre class a couple weeks before my BFP. I had planned on signing up for a package but now I'm not so sure... since it's not something I've done regularly before getting pregnant. I'll probably ask my doctor if it's something I can continue. In your experience, are there a lot of modifications etc that you'll have to start making?

What exercises/activity did you do this week? I'm continuing with lifting relatively heavy weights, plus Body Pump, walking and the elliptical.

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active? Not yet... I'm definitely a little more fatigued at the end of the day, but the workouts actually make me feel better.

I think I'll end up doing way more cardio than I normally do. The weight lifting is going okay right now but I'm getting sore lifting the same weights I've been lifting for weeks, so I don't know how long this will last. I get so bored with cardio so I may end up taking spinning classes or something to switch it up. 

• Options
    @hartmich there aren't any modifications I need to make during the first trimester. I do get tired quicker already, even though I'm not far along, so I need to take more breaks. The instructors are all very nice about it. In the second and third trimesters, I won't be able to do things where I lie flat on my back, so some of the core work will be done upright instead. The instructors can offer alternative ways of doing most exercises. I've been in class with women who were close to their due dates, and they did just fine. 

Barre3 is pretty easy on the body, even though it's intense. I never use more than 2lb weights, and yesterday I got fatigued so I put my weights down to do the moves. 
  • Options

uhh, nadda. I took the dog on a walk/jog on Monday, but that has been it so far. I haven't really worked out in a week and it's killing me. With the holiday weekend and then taking vacation this week, our schedule has just been a little crazy. I'm back at it tomorrow though!

Nothing too bad yet. I'm sure I'll be getting fatigued quicker, but I'll just make sure not to push myself too hard and modify where I need to.

Probably not. I take jazzercise classes and will probably try and walk a little more, but hopefully that will be able to take me through a lot of the pregnancy.
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart
  • Options
    I took a Zumba class on Monday and Tuesday, and I went on a walk last night. I have WERQ tonight. Exercise is such an important part of my life, I usually keep it up through the whole pregnancy, but we will see if I can keep it up this time. Two kids, working full time, and tired as all get out isn't making it easy! 
  • Options
    march2008march2008 member
    edited September 2016
    What exercises/activity did you do this week? We went on a family hike on Labor Day. It was 3 miles and quite steep at the end. I was feeling winded while going uphill, which doesn't normally happen to me as I hike often! I've also been walking 2-3 miles most days of the week. I used to run 3 miles every other day, but I stopped as soon as I got my BFP for a few reasons (it took us about 2 and a half years to conceive this time and I don't want to take any chances).

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active? Just fatigue, really. I'm feeling OK otherwise. 

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy? Well, I'm a little bummed because the place that I take my usual yoga class only has prenatal yoga on a day that I can't go. So, I guess maybe I'll have to take up a new prenatal yoga DVD or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    @mollyandD Yay! Another dancer! :) I'm a belly dancer too. I teach lessons and have been doing it about 6 years now.

What style do you take?? Have you been doing it a while?
  • Options
    This week I did my typical 3.5 mile walk almost every day. That's all I do, no other working out. Last time I was living in Chicago in the middle of winter at the beginning of pregnancy so I didn't keep up with the walking. By halfway through I was in so much pain I could hardly walk around a grocery store.

So this time since there's no snow (yay!) I plan to just keep up with walking from the beginning. The past few days the extreme fatigue has hit me HARD.
    Me: 33   DH: 42
    DD: 6
    DS: 2
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I'm in an advanced class for Egyptain cabaret. I started classes about 8 years ago, but took about a year and a half off during grad school. What type do you do?
  • Options
    I have been really active since the beginning of the summer.  Since the beginning of June I am down 9lbs and 17 inches overall.  I belong to beachbody.com and I will continue to do my Country Heat and walking 10,000 steps for this pregnancy.

What exercises/activity did you do this week? Except for Sundays I do Country Heat through beachbody.  They are 30 minute dance sessions and I try to get in 10,000 steps a day.  On Sundays I normally aim for around 8,000 steps or so, depending on how busy we are.

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active?  Fatigue!!  Man it is so hard to get up to do my workouts in the morning.  I have been doing them in the evening.

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy? No I think I will stick to what I have been doing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    #1 DS Tanner Ray 10/13/1998
    #2 Natural M/C 03/2014
    #3 DS Beckett Jameson 05/14/2015
    #4 EDD 05/12/2017
  • Options
    What exercises/activity did you do this week? I ran a half marathon on Monday, ran 3 miles yesterday, and did yoga this morning. I will probably do weight training tomorrow and we're going out of town in the afternoon so I probably won't do anything on Saturday. 

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active? Not really. My nausea was completely gone after my half on Monday up until around 6 pm that evening so it was glorious to have that. I wish I could run a half every week if it was going to have that kind of effect but I really don't think that would be a good idea. ;) 

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy? I have been doing yoga once a week since my BFP, which I rarely did before. The one I do has tons of core work so I will probably do it as long as it is comfortable, so I can strengthen my core. I also had SPD my last pregnancy so at some point I will have to stop running and my guess is that it will happen pretty early on, whereas I was able to run most of both prior pregnancies. I have a much more relaxed approach to working out this time around. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    @mollyandD I started in egyptian cabaret, but now I do more tribal fusion stuff :) I still do cabaret occasionally, but teach fusion.
  • Options
    @TNchick I live WERQ!  It has ruined some songs for me though!

Ive done 3 Pilates and some yoga. I'll do TRX class tomorrow and hiking this weekend.

I don't have any symptoms, which is scary, so I'll continu on with exercise as normal.

I probably will stick with weights, Pilates, yoga and hiking until I can't! I'll also try to stay with hiking until the end. Maybe start swimming towards the end.

I do have questions for STMs.  How soon after birth were you able to get back into exercising? And how did you feel? Did you ever get your pre baby body back?
  • Options
    @Redpuma119, I started back with walking just a couple days after DD was born. I walked several miles a day while she napped in the stroller! Once she was around 6 months, we bought a jogging stroller and I started running and have ran ever since! It only took me a couple of months to get back in shape. I think breastfeeding and exercising during and immediately after pregnancy helped for sure!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    What exercises/activity did you do this week? I've been so busy with work, that all I've done is go to the dog park and take my dog on walks.

Any symptoms making it tough to get up and get active? I'm really tired right now, though I think that may be due to getting over a sinus infection and work. 

Are you planning on trying any new activities/exercises you don't normally do during this pregnancy?  I want to start getting into yoga. I also put my gym membership on hold for the month of Sept, I'm going to go back next week. I want to be in a good routine asap
  • Options
    @hezzer78 I tried a tribal fusion class a few times, but I stuck with cabaret. Several years ago, I did a performance where the tribal and intermediate cabaret class joined together. It was really cool. Each group had different moves and costumes, but it pulled together so well. 
  • Options
    I am pretty active and am sad I can't run right now as I have some heel pain the past few weeks.  Hoping to ease back into it soon.  My replacement has been cycling which I've done 3 times in the 9 days since my BFP.  I've also lifted weights and done a few barre/Pilates classes.   I'm doing a boot camp type class tomorrow.  Just really wanting to run again. I'm signed up for a 1/2 marathon next month. 
  • Options
    @Redpuma119 - After I had DS, I actually lost so much weight, I went down to my HS weight. It was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, right before I got pregnant with DD I developed hypothyroidism, which makes it really hard to lose weight, so while I didn't go back to my HS weight after her, I'm now at my pre pregnancy weight before having kids so I'm happy enough with that. It's definitely possible to lose the weight but you need to watch how much you gain and how you gain it (healthy foods vs fatty foods). I'm also at a better fitness level now than I ever was before kids. Just have patience with yourself and know that sometimes it takes longer than you'd love but you will still get there if you work hard at it. I was able to start working out regularly (3-5x/ week) once DS was 3 months old - I could have started sooner but I didn't have the motivation for it due to too many sleepless nights. With DD I had to wait until she was 9 months old and done with BF because of the SPD I developed during pregnancy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018