March 2017 Moms

Sex.

Am I the only one that feels a little weird during sex? I try to keep my mind off the fact that there's three of us there. I think the show Catastrophe where the pregnant older woman is always having hot unabated sex with her fiancé could just be a lie.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sex.

• I like a lot of sex so baby hasn't stopped the show. I also don't have many symptoms so that may also be a reason why my drive hasn't changed. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The only part that bothers me is with regards to the nausea and also the breast tenderness (sometimes the girls get smooshed).  That may change as the baby gets bigger though.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • not too weird since this is our second time around, but just cautious, and this time my boobs hurt so bad, so sometimes it's uncomfortable, and towards the end, things swell etc, and it's not as fun, there were times my lady parts wouldn't cooperate haha!
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had quite a bit of sex during the second trimester when I was pregnant with son since I was feeling good during that time. Third trimester I started to swell up and was uncomfortable. We only did it every so often at that time. I was surprised because my husband wasn't weirded out at all and I know some guys can find it weird. If it feels weird to you and you're not in the mood then by all means do what feels right to you.
  • We only had sex a handful of times the first time I was pregnant and I didn't really enjoy it. We've done it 3 times this pregnancy and it feels so much better and I don't think so much about the baby in there. Towards the end when things get swollen it's difficult. I think we stopped when I was pregnant with DD around 35 weeks or so. 
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Doesn't bother me as much this time around, but I've been so nauseous and DH is so busy with school and teaching/working then doing hw til midnight I don't see him very often. Towards the third trimester with DS he got super freaked out. 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • During my first pregnancy second trimester sex was so good.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have not had any interest in sex so far but hopefully as I get further into 2nd tri I will perk up a bit. 
  • kap1988kap1988 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm not bothered by the idea of the baby being in there and neither is DH.  But my boobs have been hurting since I was 4 weeks and it's only gotten worse.  So that kind of sucks.  Plus I cramp for a little after O and that kind of freaks me out.  So we've gone from religiously having sex every other day when TTC to like once a week.  I am feeling a little more into it now that I'm out of the 1 trimester though.  I imagine that when I start to show and get huge it might just get too awkward to be worth it.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My sex drive is higher for sure.  Was when I was pregnant with DS too. Usually started around week 11 and carried on all the way til delivery. Same now.  I get the after O feeling too though. Bit crampy with the RLP
  • All the sex is good with me.

I did have some cramping early on, but that seems to have passed.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• last time around as a FTM i was very paranoid during sex through the first trimster, but once I was mentally able to get through the miscarriage fear stage as we passed far into second trimester it was back to good!! Third tri definitely was frustrating--DH wasn't as attracted to me with my large "gut", at times nervous about the pregnancy, and overall just gets difficult to maneuver.  
  • FTM - felt nauseous most of the last few weeks of first tri so we were down to about once a week. Starting to pick up some energy though but haven't seen too much change in frequency yet. DH loves the larger boobs and keeps saying that he's already ready to get me pregnant again haha. Nips have mostly been pretty sensitive so we try to avoid too much touching or pressure there if he's on top. 
    married 10.10.14 @ Turks & Caicos
    yorkie mama to Oscar
    FTM EDD 3.12.17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Since our spotting scare... DH don't want to go in me.... I'm feeling super deprived.... He is super worried about it hurting the cervix.....  Since my MFM is super detailed about checking that every time...carrying twins and all... I seriously wonder if he will hold it out for the entire time... hope not....

SaveSave
  • FTM, back when I was on birth control sex drive was nonexistent. Since I quit for TTC sex drive increased, since pregnant, sex drive is best ever, totally enjoying myself!
  • @CanadianintheSouth I get those from time to time, they're awesome! Like seriously, what better way to wake up?! ha ha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a person who really loves sex, so I was un-amused with the fact that my sex drive completely plummeted for most of first trimester. And I am beyond relieved that it is finally on the upswing! Some positions feel different or "weird", but for the most part I'm just happy to have a sex drive back :)
  • Sooooo ready to have relations again. Here I am at 14 weeks and still on pelvic rest due to being high risk. I don't regret it - obviously I choose our baby over sex. However it's awkward because my pregnancy hormones are kicked in full gear and I literally wake up mid orgasm sometimes from some dreams I don't even remember. It's weird. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• @RunBooRun I can't look at your posts without getting ridiculously hungry ;) 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• my sex drive has shot up since i've gotten pregnant. my orgasms are better, easier to come by (no pun intended ha) and sex just feels better overall! i'm loving this because normally my sex drive isn't this high. hoping it doesn't stop!
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC Since: Nov. 2015
    Dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round I: BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round II: BFN
    Clomid+Ovidrel, Round III: BFP! 7/5/16

• My sex drive has been off the walls. DH is pretty much a lucky guy right now. We've only had about 2 times that stuff felt weird of it even gave me a little pain. We stopped both times because he freaked out but other than that, sex has been awesome. 
  • The ovia app had an article a few weeks ago about different pregnancy sex positions to try. It was illustrated with gummy bears. I showed it to DH, and he now won't stop asking for gummy bears. I might buy a package and bring them to bed one night just for kicks. 

Sex hasn't changed that much for us, still 3-4 times a week. I'm kinda jealous of you guys who are enjoying it more. Still waiting for that symptom to kick in....
  • @Happyhiker I accidentally posted my comment on your wall. Oops. Not sure what that means since I am mobile. 

But anyways to recap...dang girl! That's a lot in one week! 
  • Since our spotting scare... DH don't want to go in me.... I'm feeling super deprived.... He is super worried about it hurting the cervix.....  Since my MFM is super detailed about checking that every time...carrying twins and all... I seriously wonder if he will hold it out for the entire time... hope not....
    Bullet, my friend. If you don't have one, Amazon shipping is very discreet  ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker