November 2015 Moms
Options

One nap per day?

Anyone else's baby seem like they are trying to go down to one nap per day? Benjamin is not doing it everyday,  but I would say, 5/7 days per week for the last two weeks, he'll only take one nap per day. It's a good 2-hour nap, but, only one. For quite a while he was doing one in the morning one in the afternoon, but often now, he wants to just stay up and play in the morning and he won't nap until just after lunch. This seems early, want to know if I am alone or not!

Re: One nap per day?

• Options
    My LO is still taking two naps a day but my DD went down to one nap around 9 months. I don't think it's out of the ordinary. Some kids just don't need to nap as much. I believe the recommendation is 12 hours of sleep at night and 2 hour nap for a 10 month old. 
  • Options
    My LO is also still taking 2, but both of my nephews at this age were only taking 1. Like pp said it just depends on the kid. Both of my nephews also cut out naps altogether pretty early.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good to know, although now I'm thinking it might be related to teething/new skills. Just makes it hard to plan your day when you're in the thick of this transition!