February 2016 Moms

Diaper types

Just moving from size 2 to 3 now... any thoughts on pampers swaddlers vs cruisers??  I can't tell what the difference is from the descriptions...

Re: Diaper types

• I think cruisers are narrower in the crotch. Not really a big deal if your baby isn't walking.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have not tried cruisers yet: we are also in size 3. We use swaddlers as well . When on vacation a few weeks back they did not have swaddlers 3 at the store so we did pampers baby dry they were great no issues or problems . I did go back to swaddlers when we came back home they are just so soft !
  • Loading the player...
  • middy411middy411 member
    edited July 2016
    I'm using size 3 Target up & up diapers. They don't have those options but if they did, I'd probably get the cruisers once she was crawling and getting around really well. Even though I have no clue what the difference is, haha, seems like cruisers are more suited to the on-the-go child.

ETA: We do use Pampers Baby Dry at night because she pees so heavily during the night. Our friends with kids gave us the heads up to use those at nighttime from the get-go so her wet diapers wouldn't wake her or leak :)
  • In size 3 as well. We use pampers swaddlers during the day and baby dry for nighttime. Works well for us. I think cruisers are for more on the go like previous poster said, but not really sure! 
  • I actually use diaperscalled kid gets made by family dollar.my mom had given us some as a present and .ugh to my surprise they work great!!!!I used swaddled by pampers first but now I just use kid gets its 11.50for 89 diapers even over long night's they don't leak or mess up.he's always dry to the touch and they aren't to thick so he can move around easier than other ones.I would have never thought they would work but we love   them!!they even have cute little designs (animals or monsters on the boys ones) and are super soft
  • We are in size three of Pampers Swaddlers. They have been awesome, so we just stay with them! 
  •  :s we are still in size 1 diapers  :o
  • In size 2 still for a little while longer, but I love the pampers baby dry. I use them day and night. I plan to stay with them. 
  • I forgot to mention in my reply earlier babygirl pees a lot at night And now that she's sleeping 7-9 hour stretches she was leaking in the swaddlers so I put her in Huggies overnights at night 
  • She's in size 3 diapers (and is pretty average size, I thought--but maybe she's bigger than I thought!). I've had to switch earlier than the weight suggestion because she makes an insane amount of poop and blows out of diapers like it's her job. I also have to put a small, very thin chux pad under her in her car seat and put her in the Huggies little movers diapers because she's blown out in the car seat so often. (We only have a convertible and to get the pad off you have to uninstall the seat which is a pain and makes me nervous I won't tighten it enough when I reassemble the seat). I'm also going to try their overnight diapers because she's leaked a couple of times in the Pampers baby dry. 
  • edited August 2016
    We are getting ready to switch from size 3 to size 4, but we went from Swaddlers right to cruisers when we switched from size 2 to size 3. I don't think it makes much of a difference which ones you decide to go with. It may just depend on your baby. 
    We, unlike others here, have never had luck with Pampers Baby Dry. This is baby #4 for us and all 3 of our other kids constantly leaked through them so we will not even bother using them this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We use cloth during the day and pampers swaddlers at night or if we go out of town. We are also in size 3. 
  • LO wears size 3 Target diapers during the day and size 4 Pampers Baby Dry at night. We tried the Target overnight diapers but they didnt work for nighttime. We've always had luck using a size up at night  (STM) so were planning on sticking to that this go around also. 
  • hawkesrahawkesra member
    edited August 2016
    We have been using cloth diapers since about 3-4 months. At first we thought we were going to go back and forth between cloth and disposable but ended up liking the cloth much better and haven't needed any disposables. Before switching we tried Huggies,  pampers, and sams club brand  and surprisingly liked sams club brand the best. With the cloth we haven't had any leaks or blowouts,  but do need to use 2 liners at night because she's a heavy wetter at night. We use the all in one size with plastic buttons on the front to adjust the size. Plus they come in really cute patterns. 
  • LO is in size 5s ( 24#9oz and tall) and we were using swaddlers but switched to the Costco (Kirkland brand) and love them, they also have great wipes.
  • @hawkesra What brand are your diapers--Bum Genius? Do you use microfiber inserts? If so, you can try using charcoal bamboo or hemp&cotton inserts. They are typically thinner and much more absorbant than regular microfiber. They are great for overnight and as baby begins to pee more and more.