Infertility

September FET Buddies!

Re: September FET Buddies!

• @mtpbadger and @Worldtravler0522 I just cried like a baby at the Today Show- and I hate the Today Show! I'm also still super tired and now super hungry- that Estrace is definitely building up in my system!  

@mtpbadger that's great news that things are looking better than last month.  Hope things keep progressing well!

@Worldtravler0522 regarding timing, we just decided that while we in the midst of IVF/FETs, we won't make major, definite plans.  We do have an annual family vacation coming up in early October, and of course, if I do (FX!!) get pregnant my first ultrasound will be during the trip (my RN already made the appt).  Luckily the vacation spot is close enough where we can drive back for the afternoon if we need to.  
    Me: 35  DH: 36
    Me: 1, possibly 2, blocked tubes
    DH: severe MFI
    Married and TTC since 2/15
    Started stims 7/21/16, ER  8/2 --> 17 eggs, 5 blasts after PGS testing.
    Fresh transfer 8/8/16: Chemical Pregnancy
    FET #1 9/13: PGS tested 5AA, BFN
    Endometrial biopsy 10/18/16: normal result
    ERA test 10/18/16: "receptive" result
    FET #2  1/3/17: natural cycle, BFP!!! TWINS!!  EDD: 9/21 (8/31 with twin adjustment)

• Loading the player...
  • @thucks sounds like a good appointment for you this morning! I feel better, almost more "normal" knowing that other ladies have similar issues with their lining being stubborn and on the thinner side. still waiting for my nurse to call with specifics but I think my RE's goal is anywhere between 6-7 for my lining. For some reason my body likes to take it's time with responding to meds and throws my RE for a loop in how it responds.
  • Great news on your best lining @thucks and also for @mtpbadger for your lining.  Hope they both keep doing their thing right up to your transfer day!

Today has been the longest day ever.  I feel like two Wednesdays have gone by in the time of just one and it is only 1:45.  Saturday just needs to get here.

Me: 41  DH: 44  DD: 9
    IVF: ER 7/16 40 follies, 23 eggs, 19 mature,
    12 fert w/icsi, 6 blasts, 3 PGS norm, 1 unknown.

FET: 9/1/16 transferred 1 CP beta 5.9
    FET 2: 11/15/16 transferred 1 CP again!
    FET 3: TBD

• @bells52000 Tell me about it!!! I'm like, I don't feel pregnant, what happens if neither took, why do I have to wait another 8 days lol etc. I'm driving myself mad lmao 
     *****Trigger Warning, Loss and Pregnancy Mentioned*****

Married my best friend in 2013 (I was 33), After 1.5yrs of TTC got my first BFP naturally on 2/7/15 but ended in DNC on 4/14/15, not viable. In 2015 I was 35...Found out I had only one working ovary, which was DOR, with scar tissue and I ovulated at 7 days, with a small cervix opening and a tilted uterus... Needing an RE was a must.....IUI#1 Sept 2015,,, BFN IUI#2 Oct 2015,,,BFN IUI#3 Dec 2015,,BFN IVF#1 2/1/16- BFN IVF# on 3/29/16 retrieval only - 1 healthy chromosome tested embryo. IVF#3 retrieval 4/23/16- 0 healthy embryos. IVF#4 retrieval 6/17/16- 1 healthy embryo. FET#1-Transferred Both Healthy Embryos on 9/6/16 BFP!! 9/15/16 Beta 22.3, 9/17/16 Beta 60.5 & 9/19/16 Beta 195! 1st US on 9/23/16, only 1 Gast Sac & Yolk Sac found, US 9/30/16 US 6wk 1day saw and heard Heartbeat 120bpm!! EDD 5/25/2017 Had a healthy baby girl via CSection on 5/18/17 8lbs 15oz. Then four months later got pregnant naturally and had a healthy baby boy on 6/13/18 7lbs 6oz (at age 38). Needless to say, anything is possible! I'm keeping my signature open so it gives someone out there hope that anything is possible. Message me if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk to. DON'T GIVE UP!

• Well, looks like I'll be starting the PIO and Lovenox tonight! Nurse just called and said that things are progressing well and my RE doesn't want to risk my progesterone going up by waiting too much longer (which is why my fresh was cancelled). Transfer still set for 9/12!! I'm still slightly worried my lining will be too thin but I keep reminding myself that it's better than it was and it still has a few days to get thicker!! Eeek! I totally wasn't expecting this!

Anyone been on lovenox before? If so, anything I should know - side effects, weird things, etc.?
  • @thucks and @mtpbadger great news for you both coming out of your appointments!  Congrats and I hope things continue to progress well.

AFM - stilllll awaiting insurance approval and I'm supposed to have a u/sand bloodwork check Saturday.  My office won't give an appointment yet since we hope approval comes in tomorrow, but at this point I just know all the morning slots are gone. That sucks since I'm out of state tomorrow through Tuesday and had hoped to make an early appointment since I'm already going nearly 4 hours round trip.  Don't want to miss the entire day's activity with my family.
  • @thucks @mtpbadger nice one ladies!! Linings are sounding good!! 

@LSatturo126 are you going to test before beta? 

I had a scan yesterday to check when I'm going to ovulate naturally... Have another tomorrow and then I will finally get my transfer date. Can't wait to join the tww!!!!  I had a fill in dr who spoke very few words despite my millions of questions, frustrating! Annoying that my usual doctor is holidaying somewhere tropical!  So selfish lol! 
  • @c-k lol! I said the same thing when another nurse besides my normal one called this afternoon! 
  • C-k said:
    @thucks @mtpbadger nice one ladies!! Linings are sounding good!! 

@LSatturo126 are you going to test before beta? 

I had a scan yesterday to check when I'm going to ovulate naturally... Have another tomorrow and then I will finally get my transfer date. Can't wait to join the tww!!!!  I had a fill in dr who spoke very few words despite my millions of questions, frustrating! Annoying that my usual doctor is holidaying somewhere tropical!  So selfish lol! 
    My heart says no don't do it! Wait till next Thursday! But then my patience is like "Must.....know......now....." Hahah so most likely. I may do one day 5, 7 and 9th day before I go in. Since it was a FET there's no hcg in my system so if something comes up by day 5, then we know for sure. Man this is the worst lol but if I am pregnant then the 6 wk US wait is gonna suck too lmao. Best of luck to you!!

@Elyse1384 hope your insurance sends approval ASAP!

Married my best friend in 2013 (I was 33), After 1.5yrs of TTC got my first BFP naturally on 2/7/15 but ended in DNC on 4/14/15, not viable. In 2015 I was 35...Found out I had only one working ovary, which was DOR, with scar tissue and I ovulated at 7 days, with a small cervix opening and a tilted uterus... Needing an RE was a must.....IUI#1 Sept 2015,,, BFN IUI#2 Oct 2015,,,BFN IUI#3 Dec 2015,,BFN IVF#1 2/1/16- BFN IVF# on 3/29/16 retrieval only - 1 healthy chromosome tested embryo. IVF#3 retrieval 4/23/16- 0 healthy embryos. IVF#4 retrieval 6/17/16- 1 healthy embryo. FET#1-Transferred Both Healthy Embryos on 9/6/16 BFP!! 9/15/16 Beta 22.3, 9/17/16 Beta 60.5 & 9/19/16 Beta 195! 1st US on 9/23/16, only 1 Gast Sac & Yolk Sac found, US 9/30/16 US 6wk 1day saw and heard Heartbeat 120bpm!! EDD 5/25/2017 Had a healthy baby girl via CSection on 5/18/17 8lbs 15oz. Then four months later got pregnant naturally and had a healthy baby boy on 6/13/18 7lbs 6oz (at age 38). Needless to say, anything is possible! I'm keeping my signature open so it gives someone out there hope that anything is possible. Message me if you ever have any questions or just need someone to talk to. DON'T GIVE UP!

• @LSatturo126 I hear ya... Every time I tell myself  I will wait, I NEVER do!!! I'm truly in awe of those ladies with the self control to wait until beta!! Good luck!!!!! 
  • Every day I get through that I do not test, I feel like I should get a cookie.  Today is one week since transfer...it's harder now because the home test could probably. pick something up if it's there. Still resisting by focusing on three big back to school activities at work.  Keep it going!!

• @bells52000 lol! You totally deserve a cookie!!!  Amazing that you haven't tested! Stay strong! Can't wait to hear your beta news!!! 
  • @bells5200 you should reward yourself with a cookie (or chocolate, your favorite treat, etc) everyday you don't test! 

I woke up feeling a little down. I'm excited for the transfer on Monday but just feel confused. My RE and I had a discussion after the last failed cycle about trying for a lining of at least 6 and canceling if it wasn't looking very good. My lining was only at about a 5 yesterday and we are moving forward. It wasn't my normal nurse that called late yesterday and I was kind of caught of guard so didn't have a chance to digest the info. I think I'll email my nurse today and ask for clarification as to why we didn't push the transfer and recheck the lining in a few days. I'm trying to rationalize that my dr knows what she's doing and I still have 7 embies left but I just feel like I'm in the dark as this isn't what the discussion had been. It could also be the addition of meds that's got me more out of sorts than normal/extra emotional but I feel like I could start crying at any minute!!
  • @bells52000 You deserve a huge reward for not testing yet!!! Seriously you do lol 

@mtpbadger don't give up hope yet they should be checking your lining on Sunday and they should debate from there. It's still early so don't be too hard on yourself. Mine was like a 5/6 by this time and by the day before I was 7.3. So maybe they will up your estrace. Sending you virtual hugs! Xoxo

• @lsatturo126 thank you for the encouragement! My clinic doesn't re-check the lining once you start PIO (which I started last night). Maybe I will see if I can go in over the weekend and get it checked, just for piece of mind. I hate not knowing things and didn't get much info from the nurse that called last night, so I think having some clarification as to why we are moving forward, etc. will put my mind at ease. I truly trust my RE and know she would recommend canceling if things weren't looking good, I just hate not knowing all the information!

Of course I email my nurse and she's out of the office until 09/19 - arg! No wonder a different nurse called yesterday. Looks like I will be calling the clinic to speak with another nurse and ask my questions.

• @mtpbadger first off, your nurse should not be making medical decisions without speaking to your RE first! RE's are suppose to review and tell the nurse to call you and give you the info of what they think not what the nurse thinks. If this is what's happening, maybe considering a new place. I would hate for you to waste your money and time with a place that doesn't care for you. Email the dr himself and ask for a call back. Never heard of them not checking your lining before transfer. Everything just sounds a bit off... Can anyone else agree?

• @lefemmeviolette LOL!! Thank you for the chuckle!

@fatpony I think I'm flattered that you were thinking of my lining? lol :) I told my DH and he replied "Should I be jealous of someone else thinking of my wife's uterine lining?" If only he knew the intimate details of our bodies and bodily functions we all share with each other.

• I am working school picture day today - Sitting in a 100 degree gym all day!  Awesome.  @mtpbadger my office didn't do a double check either.  But I did read somewhere that the lining still grows after you start the PIO so maybe they are thinking positive that you will be certainly above the 6 by then.  I would call back for sure and get clarity.  Peace of mind is really important during this craziness...

Not that I know because I am freaking out!  LOL

That is a great dream @LeFemmeViolette

I am still sticking with no test.  Honestly at this point I don't want to see a negative more than I want to see the positive, if that makes sense.  Terrified of the damn negative. I am going to wait it out and let the office break it to me on Saturday.

• I called and spoke with the coverage nurse (who was SUPER nice and sweet) and she talked me off my crazy ledge. She confirmed the thickness is at 5m and is trilaminar, which is what they want to see. I have my sanity back and am looking forward to the transfer again now!

The Lovenox injections are no joke - the needle is tiny but oh man, that stuff burns going in! I think I'm dreading that injection more than the PIO tonight!

• @LeFemmeViolette  Too funny about your dream! Are you on progesterone yet? I get crazy dreams on it!

@bells52000 Way to go on not testing! I was only able to hold out to day 7 last time before I caved. Saturday is just around the corner for you. 
  • @mtpbadger Just want to echo what everyone else said about your lining still growing and also just wanted to say congrats on being able to start PIO!  Sounds like things are moving along much quicker than last cycle.  I can understand how frustrating the nurse situation is.  I often feel like my clinic doesn't have their shit together, and I usually get my calls from a different nurse each time :cry:

@LeFemmeViolette You almost made me inhale my water with your post!  Hahahahaha.

These FET cycles are kind of weird, anyone else feel that way?  I just realized that I go in tomorrow for my last lining check, and then if all looks good I'll be starting PIO on Saturday.  But tomorrow is my last check before transfer day.  So I guess they don't check anything after I start PIO and just do the transfer.  Seems odd to me.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • APM_SLPAPM_SLP member
    edited September 2016
    @wifeinraleigh28 I agree.  Going from IVF where you are constantly checked to FET where you receive one u/s and one blood draw (at least in my case) seems a little strange!  But alas, I suppose they know what they are doing!

Start PIO and suppositories two times a day today.  Freaking out!  My suppositories are different this round.  Red capsules with no applicator.  Anyone else use this type?
    FET #2  1/3/17: natural cycle, BFP!!! TWINS!!  EDD: 9/21 (8/31 with twin adjustment)

• @wifeinraleigh28 it's really weird to only have one check!  Thankfully each RE at my clinic has a "team" of nurses and I have one main one assigned to me, but if she's out for some reason, any of the other nurses on the team can help me. I adore my nurse but everyone on my RE's team has been wonderful. My main nurse is from South Africa so I love when she leaves messages with her accent.

@AMP_SLP I think everything being on schedule (for the first time in this whole process) is what totally siked (sp?) me out since my body never cooperates and there has always been a delay. And no additional check to make sure everything continues to go the right direction after adding meds. I have learned to just let go and trust (most of the time). I've never had an applicator with any of my suppositories, I've always had yellow capsules that I just shove up there. Lol. That's what I do with my estrace now. PIO AND suppositories? That's pretty hard-core!

• @mjacks16 Not yet. I start Saturday. I'll be curious to see how my dreams can get even weirder!

@wifeinraleigh28 that is weird! I didn't even think about that. We should bring that up tomorrow at our appointments. Hopefully they will have their collective shits together. ;)

Me: 32, Hubs: 36
    Married: September 2013
    TTC since April 2014, Dx: MFI
    DH started Clomid Oct 2015
    April-June 2016- 3 IUIs: All BFN
    July 2016- IVF #1: 16 eggs ->1 PGS-normal embryo
    Sept 2016- single FET #1: BFN
    Nov 2016- IVF #2 16 eggs -> 3 PGS-normal embryos
    Jan 2017- single FET #2: BFN
    Feb 2017- endometrial scratch
    March 2017- FET #3 (double transfer): BFP!
       Beta #1: 386 (9dp5dt), Beta #2: 1,960 (12dp5dt)
       Pregnant with: Triplets Twins Singleton
       It's a GIRL! :)
       EDD: November 16, 2017
       Dx w/ preeclampsia: Updated delivery date: 10/4/17
    <3 Hazel Summerlyn <3
    Find me on the IG

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Personally I think the FET is insane! They said it is easier, but I think that means it is easier on the dr!  During the ivf, I felt like I had a ton of appointments, but the drs were working with us.  Now I have no appointments and my husband and I are doing all the work! Shots, changing patches, sticking stuff up yourself, keeping up with all the pills!  And it is mind numbing because there are no tests to know if it is going along as planned!  You can see I am starting to lose my marbles on this 2ww.  But yes, @wifeinraleigh28 everything about it is weird.

Ok- I am done  back to calm and mellow me now.

Haven't ever used a suppository. Seems crazy to have no applicator!  Sorry the thought is cracking me up! @APM_SLP Good luck!

• Congrats on moving forward and having a date scheduled @mtpbadger
    and @thucks! I had my blood and ultrasound this morning, just waiting to hear back from the clinic nurse with next instructions. My lining was only at a 6...boo! My doc cancelled me last month because I only got to 6.5, they want at a minimum 8. It's so weird that different clinics have different cutoffs. I'm praying that when I go in next week it's miraculously jumped. Maybe I'll increase from patches only to estrace vaginally. TMI, but last month the pills wouldn't stay up there. I'd feel it slipping out as soon as I was removing my finger. Any tips??!! TMI I know! ha!

• @ltlavac thanks! My RE ideally wants a lining around 8 but realistically I will never get there due just dealing with a stubborn thin lining so she's trying to get me to my max, if that makes sense. She's more concerned with it looking good with the trilaminar stripes. For the estrace vaginally, I usually put one foot on the toilet and just shove it up there as far as I can and then try and give it a last little "flick" so it doesn't stick to my finger and really gets up there. 
  • It's so crazy how different every clinic is!  We have 4 ultrasounds and blood draws before our transfer.   From a cost perspective I wish it was just once :P 

What's everyone's post transfer protocol?  My clinic just says to take it easy but to go about your normal routine but a friend of mine is on strict bed rest for two days.    

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• OMG...just got my results, my P4 is at 1.5! WTH, it was alwas <0.5 the entire cycle last time. I'm kind of nervous that it has to do with my vitamins I've been taking (600mg Vitamin E and a B Compled) and raspberry leaf tea. I'm discontinuing them immediately, because if my P4 goes up anymore come Tuesday I'm automatically cancelled. I can't win! :( Thanks for the vent!

• @worldtravler0522 I'm on bed rest for the day of transfer as well as the following day.  Then can return to normal, low impact activities.  The reasoning behind it is not for positioning purposes, but rather for blood flow purposes.  My RE said he wants as much blood flow going to uterus as possible, so he wants very little activity for 2 days. 

• FatPonyFatPony member
    edited September 2016
    ^that seems so weird bc I've heard from some that bed rest is discouraged bc it inhibits blood flow. 

Eta- I'm not allowed to do ANYTHING during my TWW. No lifting (I have an 11 month old, so that's impossible), no sex, no strenuous activity - including vacuuming!! wtf! So I'm going to POAS early bc I can't handle the restrictions. 
  • @LeFemmeViolette your dream gave me the laugh I so desperately needed!  Thank you!

AFM... My specialist's financial coordinator just "forgot" to submit all of my shit to insurance for approval so my ultrasound Saturday can't happen which means my FET on 9/15 can't happen.  Now I'm stuck waiting until possibly next for approval which puts my transfer right when I'm out of state on the family vacation I've been planning for oh... A year!!!!!  FML.  Oh and they want me to just keep taking the estradiol cause "yeah... We can still try for this cycle".  Huh?????
  • @Elyse1384 that is maddening!

@Worldtravler0522  my re said very limited activity for 24 hours, light activity for the next day and the go back to regular routine but take it easy...no crazy hard lifting etc. He said he knows there are mixed feelings out there on rest vs exercise and it is just his preference to be as horizontal as possible for the first 24 Hours.  

• LSatturo126LSatturo126 member
    edited September 2016
    @Elyse1384 the reason they said they can still try for this cycle is because taking estrace prolongs your body from getting a period making your lining thicker like you are going to get pregnant. Authorization usually takes a few days so maybe they will be able to get an answer by Monday and can start you on Tuesday. Keep your head up, everything happens for a reason I truly believe that.

@FatPony I'm testing Sunday, Tuesday, wed and Thursday morning lol

• I am buying a box of cookies tomorrow!

• @mtpbadger my clinic is weird too... I've only had one check which I think is usual but I'm not sure because this is my first FET. Glad you are feeling better after talking to the nurse though! 

The whole bed rest thing is funny - my clinic just say go about your life. I didn't even get to lay down for a minute after ET last month. I was charged a bed fee of 500 dollars and the procedure took approx 5 mins... That's 100 dollars a minute! Lol!!! Next time I'll do it standing up! 

So I had my scan today - lining is at 9 which he said was good.. Did a blood test and ovulation is happening so I finally have a transfer date! Thursday 15th!!! Yay! And I'm being put on progesterone during it all so I'm happy about that!! The drug free thing was bothering me! 
  • @bells52000 if I lived anywhere near you I would buy you a box of cookies!l you go gal! :)