January 2016 Moms

Weekly Fitness Check In 9.6

Hi all!  Didn't get a chance to do this yesterday, but let's check in!  As for me, I had a terrible fitness week because I was sick.  I had a head cold that turned in to a chest cold and I am only slightly recovered today.  So, I didn't exercise at all and I didn't even keep track of my calories.  :/  So uh, let's focus on this week!  I am back to calorie counting and wearing my fit bit and hoping to lose 2 pounds this week to make up for 0 pounds lost last week.  I'm trying to focus on a mini goal of getting under 200 as soon as possible.  Any mini goals coming up for you guys?  

Stats:

Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 213
Goal weight: 150

Oh, I also bought a new sports bra that actually fits properly and new workout pants and I am hoping this magically translates into pounds lost, haha.

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In 9.6

• I haven't been participating because I'm not trying to lose anymore weight, but I do need to start getting back in shape and eating healthy again.  Hopefully you all won't mind me joining in.
    So far, I've hit at least 10,000 steps for the last three days in a row.  My goal this week is to hit at least 8,000 every day.  My long term goal is to try to find time to actually start working out again, but I'm still so sleep deprived, I can't even fathom how to make that work.
    Food wise, I'm doing good with meals (DH is doing weight watchers to lose the sympathy weight he gained while I was pregnant), but I just can't stop snacking on junk.
  • Of course @nackie you're more than welcome to participate!  :)  Congrats on all the steps!  I have yet to hit 10,000, but I'm working on it.  Was only 500 away last night - should've just paced in my kitchen, lol.  And snacking is a big problem for me too - I have very healthy, balanced meals, but if I don't lose weight it's because I've had an extra 100 calories here, an extra 50 calories there in snacks.  My current Achilles heel is the Reeses Pieces they just stocked in our work kitchen!  (My fave!)  
  • Loading the player...
  • Turns out baby proofing really gets those steps in!  Also chasing after crawling baby as he discovers everything you haven't baby proofed yet :)
    My big weakness is chips.  They've got bags of them for the taking in the kitchen at work and everytime I go in to refill my water, I walk out with more chips.
  • mesamytmesamyt member
    edited September 2016
    Starting: 190
    Current: 185.9
    Short term goal: getting off this couch. 
    Long term: 150ish

This week has been difficult for working out. Lacey had a double ear infection (again) and wouldn't stop crying unless being held, including her naps at night. My older kids had a 4 day weekend. We helped my parents move from their house into a tiny house. So everything my mom didn't want to part with is now in my front room, garage, and ping pong room. Also, our upstairs AC unit broke. Arizona without air conditioning is like the 4th circle of hell. All of this stress turned into snack central over here. 

So, so far this week I was able to go for a walk yesterday and run today (thanks to my wonderful fellow cross country parents for helping with Lacey so I could get 30 minutes of me time).  I'm hoping to dig out the elliptical we inherited over the weekend to see if it will be worth my time. Does anyone know how many calories rearranging an entire house can burn?

Oh, and if anyone has any tips to get cigarette smoke out of furniture/appliances that would be great. Right now my house smells like an ash tray. Thanks dad. 

Edited because it didn't post correctly. 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    edited September 2016
    Starting weight: 225+
    Current weight: 177.5
    Short term goal: 170
    Eventual goal weight: 149

I put on my jeans this morning and they felt a bit tight, and I was like, "Ugh, whatever, I can't even." Went about my day, went for a good half hour walk, and I decided to start logging everything because I've been slacking on MFP over the past few days. Took off my clothes to get my weight, and discovered:

1. I've lost a pound over the past two weeks!
    2. These are an old pair of jeans, not the bigger pair I recently bought! Like, these are so old I don't even remember when I used to wear them.  So YAY!
  • It's impossible to find time for exercise. I tried to go on an easy hike with the baby in the baby Bjorn. She wanted no part of it. I miss going on long runs. Hopefully the weather will cool down soon and i can take her out on the jogging stroller. I switched jobs at work. So now I'm working in front of a grill. Sweating buckets. I like to think I'm burning a few calories at work. I just need to make smart choices and not graze on french fries dipped in spicy aioli all day lol. Anf beer. I'm doing well staying away from delicious beer. 
    Current weight:166
    Goal:150
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited September 2016
    Trying SO hard to make it to 10,000 steps today.  Literally walking in pointless circles at work as much as possible and hoping no one will notice, haha.

Edited to add: congratulations @l4rk!  I cannot imagine fitting into my old jeans yet, that's so awesome!
  • ShortStuff5ShortStuff5 member
    edited September 2016
  • I would love to join this group and get back into shape and tone up. Our daughter is 8 months old and I'm a full time stay at home mom so I stay very busy with her shes always into everything. Ive been a very bad eater lately snacking on candy non stop and ice cream and always over eating because I'm still just always hungry after weaning a month ago. Not sure that my body has realized I don't need those calories anymore. I've gained 10 lbs I was at my pre-pregnancy weight already.
    My current weight: 140 lbs
    Pre-pregnancy: 130 lbs
    Short term goal: 130 lbs
    Long term goal: 110-115 lbs
    I need to start working out while babygirl naps some people I watch on YouTube their friend just started a channel called momshape they do 15 min workouts so I would love to start doing that a few times a day during nap times. It's really just finding the energy and wanting to get off the couch. Definitely need to eat better as well my husband would love to lose weight as well we just always eat out because he works during the day till 5 pm I don't always have the time to cook dinner with a clingy baby some nights. Id love to meal plan and prepare portions for a weeks time so we can just grab from the fridge and eat. Good luck to all the ladies on her remember our bodies and weight do not define who we are we brought miracles into this world and the body sacrifices are worth it.
  • Trying SO hard to make it to 10,000 steps today.  Literally walking in pointless circles at work as much as possible and hoping no one will notice, haha.
    I had a teleconference that I knew wouldn't require much input from me this afternoon and instead of doing it at my desk, I found an empty conference room and did laps around the table for 45 minutes.  I'm sure everyone walking past the glass door thought I was a weirdo, but I got like 1500 steps.

• nackie said:
    Trying SO hard to make it to 10,000 steps today.  Literally walking in pointless circles at work as much as possible and hoping no one will notice, haha.
    I had a teleconference that I knew wouldn't require much input from me this afternoon and instead of doing it at my desk, I found an empty conference room and did laps around the table for 45 minutes.  I'm sure everyone walking past the glass door thought I was a weirdo, but I got like 1500 steps.

I do this shit too. Although for me it's usually a circle circuit through our kitchen > dining room > hall > kitchen, just before bed when I realize I'm like 500 steps short or whatever. DH has never said a word, bless his heart.
  • l4rk said:
    nackie said:

I do this shit too. Although for me it's usually a circle circuit through our kitchen > dining room > hall > kitchen, just before bed when I realize I'm like 500 steps short or whatever. DH has never said a word, bless his heart.
    DH and I compete, but he always wins because he has somehow convinced his bosses that "walking meetings" are a thing.
  • My big win for the week is that I went back home to visit family and did my workouts all of the days but one (I was in a wedding) and the workout I missed I made up by doing it the next day in addition to the one I was supposed to do (I'm doing T25) my nutrition has been decent sill next week I wanna focus on planning healthy meals and having them ready since I've still lost 0lbs.. I think I'm gaining muscle though I feel a lot stronger so that's encouraging! I also don't have a ton I want to loose so maybe that's why! 

My husband works 24 hrs on a few times a week every week so those days are really bad of for my nutrition because it's hard getting motivated to make a full healthy meal for just me Lol I also have a Fitbit I should charge it and actually use it! 
  • I got my 10,000 steps!  Mostly by pacing around like a weirdo.  (Glad I'm not alone in that, haha.)  :)  It's been slow at work, after our crazy hectic period, so I'm going to try to get 10k again today!
  • I had two bags of chips and a slice of cake at work so far today.  So much for eating healthy
  • nackie said:
    I had two bags of chips and a slice of cake at work so far today.  So much for eating healthy
    I like to think days like that keeps my metabolism on its toes... don't worry, tomorrow is a new day!
  • l4rk said:
    nackie said:
    I had two bags of chips and a slice of cake at work so far today.  So much for eating healthy
    I like to think days like that keeps my metabolism on its toes... don't worry, tomorrow is a new day!

Omg I always tell myself this.