March 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday ticket Change 9-7

This is the ticker change group for mommas with the following due dates; 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29 of March 2017. 

How far along are you:

How big is baby:

Upcoming appointments this week:

Any new symptoms or changes: 

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: favorite slow cooker recipes? 

Ps @lindsey2017 I haven't forgotten about your promised recipes either ;)

Re: Wednesday ticket Change 9-7

• Options
    Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited September 2016
    I'm 15 weeks, can't believe it!

Baby is the size of a navel orange or a canary.

No appointments. I wanna say my next one is on the 14th.

I have a bump! It always seems like it appears overnight. There was nothing there a week ago!

No rants/raves. 

My favorite Crock-Pot recipe is Iowa Girl Eats' Sweet, Spicy, Smoky Chili. (Not sure how to add a link on mobile, sorry!) It works just as well in a pot for 45 minutes if you're hangry. I love adding Sriracha to my bowl after cooking for extra heat. So glad it's chili season! The Chunky Chef's slow cooker zuppa toscana is pretty great too!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    15 weeks!

Size of an orange

My next appt is the 20th of Sept. And I can't wait to see what sex our baby is!

"Heavy" uterus feeling started a couple days ago

Im currently super irritated that I can't sleep. And I stepped on DS' ukelele on the way to the bathroom which hurt so bad! And we are moving in one week, so I could rant about that for hours :neutral:

My favorite crockpot recipe is Rotel Chicken. Chicken and a can of rotel on low all day. An hour before you want to eat (or in the morning too) add corn, black beans and spices. It's effortless and shreds to a delicious taco meat or rice topping. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you: 13 weeks

How big is baby: peach/lemon (depending on where you are from I guess!), arc reactor, scoop of ice cream, watch, matchbox car, clownfish - can you tell I really love seeing these?

Upcoming appointments this week: nope - not until the 22nd

Any new symptoms or changes: starting to get acne.  I feel like I'm in high school again.  Sleeping is good again.  Not getting up as much to go potty.

Rants/Raves: We told some friends this past weekend, and they all were fabulous.  Some were suspicious that that's what we would be telling them :)  I'm just ready for the world to know!  We're announcing on Sunday, so I can't wait.  

GTKY: favorite slow cooker recipes? Hmmm...Well I love Buffalo Chicken, so I usually make a pulled buffalo Chicken in the crock pot, but it's usually too much for DH and I.  I also made this really good Turkey Chili last year.  I'm sure I'll be breaking out the crock pot here soon :) I will try to post my recipes when I get home.

@Bluebird2318 - your Iowa Girl Eats' Sweet, Spicy, Smoky Chili sounds amazing.  I'm going to look that one up.  I feel like my DH and I would like that.  (and maybe his parents if we have them over.  ha ha)

@C25 - I love Rotel!  your recipe sounds quick and easy :)  BONUS!

@betsy538 - I'm going to have to try that roast - my DH is a huge beef fan.  

ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    How far along are you:  13 weeks

How big is baby: a peach!

Upcoming appointments this week: i have an appt. with my new midwife group tomorrow. i can't wait!

Any new symptoms or changes: nope, feeling pretty good, other than having to pee 123482039 times a night.

Rants/Raves: so excited that the first trimester is coming to a close. i'm officially announcing at work on friday, provided my appt. goes well tomorrow. and i'm guessing we'll do the big facebook announcement sometime this weekend. 

GTKY: favorite slow cooker recipes? i'm the wrong person to ask. we do have a slow cooker but we barely use it!
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC Since: Nov. 2015
    Dx: PCOS
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round I: BFN
    Clomid + Ovidrel, Round II: BFN
    Clomid+Ovidrel, Round III: BFP! 7/5/16

• Options
    @betsy538 that roast sounds amazing!
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* I was coming on here to tell you I have not forgotten you!!!!! I will tell you while I pull some together that a great go-to site for me is skinnytaste.com - I usually don't use the lowfat version of her recipes so they are not quite as "skinny" as hers but they are always easy and yummy. 
  • Options
    How far along are you: 15 weeks

How big is baby: navel orange

Upcoming appointments: none

Any new symptoms or changes: yes I have gotten the occasional heartburn. Definitely have even bigger boobs which DH loves ( I'm an A cup normally), bump is looking more pronounced 

Rants/Raves: feeling excited about all the cute baby things on my baby registry, love my yankee candles, I got one that smells like cake another that smells like coffee, burn them at the same time the whole house smells like cake amd coffee

GTKY:slow cooker recipes: I got a betty crocker chili recipe that has gone well, I need more slow cooker recipes though

• Options
    I was hoping for some soups, stews and comfort food recipes :)@lindsey2017
    or any of your faves! I love the roast you recommended!!! I usually do a chicken like that but I'll try roast next time. 

I am 13 weeks, and baby is a lemon, which seems smaller than last weeks plum?? Right? Weird

I have no new appointments till the end of the month because I requested to go every 6 weeks instead of every 4 weeks. (I have no babysitters so I want to go as little as possible, even though I love my midwife) 

my only new symptoms is that alongside nausea I have boughts of ravenous hunger. So they kind of take turns controlling me lately.

I got a Douglas fir essential oil and I mix it with a few others and have a perfect fall scent in my house! @disneybaby84 you made me think of this with your comment on candles! I love my fall scents and being pregnant only makes them stronger <3

my slow cooker recipes are pretty similar to the above mentioned ones; tacos, chili, chicken but I'm looking at trying the slow cooker Mac and cheese sometime soon!!!

also I am craving broccoli soup! Anyone have a good recipe for creamy cheesy broccoli soup?

• Options
    How far along are you: 14 weeks
    How big is baby: a peach (TB) or a beet (Ovia)
    Upcoming appointments this week: nothing this week
    Any new symptoms or changes: DH said my belly is starting to feel different...nipples are still super sensitive and DH can't seem to leave them alone ::eyeroll::
    Rants/Raves: Rave: our Harmony genetic screening came back...low risk for Trisomy 13, 18 and 21 and we know the gender but aren't saying anything yet!  Rant: ugh just my mother in law...having a "Come to Jesus" talk with DH on the way to the airport tonight
    GTKY: favorite slow cooker recipes? pot roast....throw in a chuck roast, potatoes, carrots, onion, broth and spices and let it cook all day :)
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    How far along are you: 11 weeks. This first trimester seems to drag for me this time around. (2nd pregnancy) 

How big is baby: a lime

Upcoming appointments this week: no but I need to book my next ultrasound in the next week. 

Any new symptoms or changes: @mecoats +1 for acne! It's so annoying because we have family pictures with both sides of w family over the next few weeks. :( 
    More RLP this week and also cramping. I had a lot with my daughter as well, but it still makes me anxious. Trying to remind myself it's most likely because the babe is growing lots. 

Rants/Raves: ranting about myself! I turned into the biggest klutz when I was pregnant with my daughter and now again, I'm super klutzy. It's insane how many things I can drop/spill in one day. :S 

Paula Deen (opinions about her aside) has an INCREDIBLE crock pot mac and cheese. I just omit the egg and find its creamier and a bit runnier that way. 
    Mmmmm.... Might have to change dinner plans now..... ;) 

@ihateusernames* I just got into essential oils about 6 months ago and Douglas fir is on my list to order soon. :) love my diffuser!!

@disneybaby84 oh man, pregnancy acid reflux is no joke. I had it a bit a few weeks ago and now it's gone again. For now..... 

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 good luck with the MIL, hugs!
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* Pioneer Woman Broccoli cheese soup is the BEST!
  • Options
    Thanks @disneybaby84...I think I have a gentle approach to the situation...let's hope the chat goes well!
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @ihateusernames* Pioneer Woman Broccoli cheese soup is the BEST!
    Omg I love the pioneer woman!!! I will be checking this out. Her cinnamon buns are AMAZING too. So I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!!

ps @ngcsugirl1112 I hear yeah on the MIL. someone very close to me is like this. She's into sales too so this blurs into her spiritual life a bit. If you don't agree to convert when she asks you to "pray the prayer" she takes it personally and wonders where she went wrong in her sales pitch/ evangelism :( seeing it from her perspective I get that it's likely out of love and concern for the persons soul, but it's definitely annoying and I find it to be invasive. 

• Options
    @Bluebird2318 I just printed out at recipe and can't wait to try it!!

@lindsey2017 I love love love skinnytaste.com! It is my go-to place for everything!

How far along are you:
    12 weeks

How big is baby: plum or toy soldier

Upcoming appointments this week: Nope, not until Sept 20th

Any new symptoms or changes: I thought the acne was clearing up... It changed its mind.

Rants/Raves: None right now

It's a skinnytaste recipe! If you've ever had Cafe Rio's sweet barbacoa pork it tastes nearly identical!!
    Slow cooked sweet barbacoa pork-https://www.skinnytaste.com/slow-cooked-sweet-barbacoa-pork/

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    jadkins17 said:
    @betsy538 that roast sounds amazing!
    It totally is!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 I definitely need to check out skinnytaste.com now! I've been dealing with heartburn on and off and got some of the Tums chews https://www.amazon.com/Chewy-Delights-Chews-Cherry-32count/dp/B00DSOU8RU, I also grabbed a bottle of these: https://www.oneaday.com/trunatal-heartburn-relief . Neither was a miracle cure, but helped some!

How far along are you: 12 weeks

How big is baby: Plums, I'm pregnant with twins.

Upcoming appointments this week: Nope, Next week on Monday. I've been counting down for the past month.

Any new symptoms or changes: Turning the corner on morning sickness (maybe?). Many of my food aversions have gone away, so I've taken the opportunity to eat balanced meals again (for the last 9 weeks it has been carb city). The post about gestational diabetes is scaring me, I'm hoping that eating right for the rest of this pregnancy is enough. The risk for GD is higher with twins, too... AND I'm overweight. 

Rants/Raves: Rant: I took an extra long weekend, and had a really rough time going back to work today. I'm basically a "fixer" at my office, and people just saved up their questions until I got back today. Like 3x more emails that usual.

Slow Cooker Butter Chicken: https://allrecipes.com/recipe/174543/slow-cooker-butter-chicken/
    Crock Pot Chicken Chili https://allrecipes.com/recipe/230792/crock-pot-chicken-chili/

I am really excited to get making some soups/chilis, but it was 90 degrees today! I am ready for fall already.
  • Options

My favorite Crock-Pot recipe is Iowa Girl Eats' Sweet, Spicy, Smoky Chili. (Not sure how to add a link on mobile, sorry!) It works just as well in a pot for 45 minutes if you're hangry. I love adding Sriracha to my bowl after cooking for extra heat. So glad it's chili season!
    Holy cow I made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING! Totally hit the spot!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    Just had to add, we're having a boy and I was looking at Babies R Us and saw a baby training urinal in the shape of a whale and it advertises a spinning wheel to help with target. I started laughing so hard and hysterically that I was crying. Definitely entertained my husband.