March 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 9/5

So I TOTALLY forgot it was Monday yesterday--whoops. Hope everyone had a nice, tear-free long weekend. But, if you didn't...what's got you weepy?

Me: 30, mild DOR
Him: 31, totes fine.
IUI #1: 5 follicles, cycle cancelled :-/
IUI #2: 1 follicle, BFP, chemical
IVF #1: 12 follicles, 9 eggs, 1 fresh 5dt and 4 on ice. BFP, beta #1: 326, beta #2: 841 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - 9/5

• Options
    The Little Prince on Netflix. Holy waterworks, Batman.

Married DH 12/31/13
    BFP#1  1/21/14 ended in loss DNC 3/5/14
    BFP#2  7/2014 Baby Girl born 4/15/15
    BFP#3  2/10/2016 natural mc 2/27/2016
    BFP#4 6/25/2016 Due 3/2/2017
  • Options
    @AverageAsh OMG!!! Just watched that on Friday. Seriously, all the tears!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Watched St. Vincent on Netflix. The end had me. 
  • Options
    I cried 4 times (serious tears) watching Inside Out with the family this weekend. Oh, Bing Bong!
  • Options
    @SandiaLiz I cried at that movie not pregnant, I would of been a mess now for sure!
  • Options
    My SO's grandmother told me to watch 'You Before Me' I think that's what it's called, got me pretty good.. I'm glad I watched it alone. 
  • Options
    Because my son starts First Grade tomorrow *sobs* and while he was in the bath tonight he was wondering about lunch and snack time, and I had to explain that now that he's in First Grade he doesn't get snack time anymore. He got so sad/anxious about it "Why can't we have snack in first grade? My belly is going to hurt from being hungry. Snacks aren't just for babies, everybody likes snacks."

For some reason this whole exchange made me cry hysterically in the hallway while my husband distracted him with brushing their teeth. In fact I'm crying while writing this.

• Options
    Oh man I bawled my eyes out at that movie @burrberrymum...I read the book too, so sad!! 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Read that the wife of one of the Baton Rouge police officers who was killed in the ambush in July just found out she is pregnant. Her little girl came up to her a couple weeks after the funeral and told her she had a dream where her daddy told her she was going to be a big sister to a little boy and she had to help mommy take care of him. I'm a crying mess. Her baby is due just 3 weeks after my baby is due... 
  • Options
    I'm now tearing up at work reading these.  But last night, DH and I were watching WWE wrestling and they did a little promo about Connor - a kid that really loved WWE, but had cancer....and I've known for 2 years that he passed away, but I happened to turn to the TV the moment it came across the screen.  Sobbing uncontrollably that an 8 year old passed away.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    **Loss Mentioned**
    I don't know if any of the Momma's out there saw the picture of the one identical twin hugging and smiling at his brother who was all wired up. Well it went pretty viral and I happen to live in the same town as them so since I'm pregnant with identical twins and all that, I've been following them pretty closely. Their names are Hawk and Mason. Mason is the healthier twin who wasn't hooked up or anything and Hawk has had surgery and difficulties since he was born. Last night, Hawk passed away in his sleep. My heart is completely breaking for Mom and Dad and I just can't imagine. So when I read that this morning, I started crying so hard. I'm still getting teary eyed. I know nothing that anyone can say can take her pain away but I really hope that Mom and Dad are both coping as best as they possibly can. He was truly a little fighter. 
  • Options
    Because my son starts First Grade tomorrow *sobs* and while he was in the bath tonight he was wondering about lunch and snack time, and I had to explain that now that he's in First Grade he doesn't get snack time anymore. He got so sad/anxious about it "Why can't we have snack in first grade? My belly is going to hurt from being hungry. Snacks aren't just for babies, everybody likes snacks."

For some reason this whole exchange made me cry hysterically in the hallway while my husband distracted him with brushing their teeth. In fact I'm crying while writing this.

Your son is wise. Snacks aren't just for babies!
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou there's nothing wrong with the way you feel. I applaud your honesty - both with yourself and the willingness to share with us. Impostor Syndrome is a real thing (that I probably totally made up) that makes us feel "fake" around people that we would otherwise relate to. You already have a group of women here who are pregnant to relate to you as best as possible on that side of things, and I would strongly encourage you to also talk to your other friends who also didn't want kids - perhaps they can relate to you on a different level as well. Usually the "fake" feeling starts to dissipate a bit when we acknowledge those feelings out loud with the people we feel "fake" around. Perhaps some of your friends who also don't want kids are also feeling pressure (real or self-imposed) from their spouses about having kids and that conversation could be really beneficial for you both. I wish I had more to say... but know that I am sending you thoughts and prayers regardless. 

• Options
    @onefootinthebayou I wish I had something wise or inspiring to help make you feel better. I admire your honesty though and I too think that the more people you share your feelings with the better you might feel. Right now you're kind of doing all the work without any reward. Once that little baby gets here and gives you the best kind of love imaginable, the challenges will seem much more worth it. Wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    @DaniBanani16
    Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post and for the thoughtful response.  You ladies never cease to amaze me with your wisdom, even when the subject is not so comfortable.  You're right, I do feel a bit lighter after sharing that, which is why it felt a bit self-indulgent.  I love the "Impostor Syndrome", I'm going to adopt that.  At least being honest with you, I feel less fake, even though my perspective is different than most here.  There are times I feel OK about this, but they are fleeting and haven't ever reached the level of actually excitement.  This has just been a tough week.  I really appreciate your thoughts and the prayers.  I'll take 'em!  Thank you again.  

ETA Thank you also @Gators&BoSox.  I tried sharing this with my mom over the weekend and although she was somewhat sympathetic, I could see her struggling to relate.  I know the way I feel isn't necessarily "abnormal" but it's not the norm either.  I'm a woman, I'm supposed to want a baby - but I can't understand that feeling.  I know you're right, once it's here I'll probably feel a little better.  I love my nieces & nephew so much and their hugs make me feel like a million dollars.  I'm sure it will be a great feeling when it's my own little person.  
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou - It takes a very strong person to acknowledge your uncertainty/fear/anxiety over having a baby.  I tend to agree with @DaniBanani16 on this as well - she said it perfectly.   I hope you have a great support system to get you through these roller coaster emotions.  We're all here to send you positive vibes.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou I felt this way around 8/9 weeks. Actually had a big cry about it. After I talked to my husband about it (it turns out he was pretty nervous as well) I felt a lot better. It helped for me to know what he was nervous about (he was worried that we'd only become parents and lose the "Just us" relationship and for me to tell him how I was feeling. We talked it out and made a plan about how we could find a sitter and that we are going to make mandatory a certain number of days each month are date night only. No kid, no kid talk allowed, only us. We're also huge travellers, so we talked about how we could manage travelling at least short distances with a baby so that we don't have to completely cut exploring and going out from our lifestyle. 

I don't know if you find that information helpful or not, but that's at least what helped in my situation. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, how I need this thread right now as I lay in bed sobbing about everything and nothing. 

I I have been super sick this week (like stomach bug- had me in the ER severely dehydrated) and I'm feeling oddly paranoid about losing my job right now because I've had to miss work a few times recently due to sickness. And it makes me a little angry, because I love my job but I don't need this kind of worry right now. I'm also worried about the baby right now because of how sick and dehydrated I was! 

But the tears are coming because I just feel so guilty for working full time. I love my job but is it worth missing this precious time with my son? He is growing up so fast and these days I'm lucky if I get a couple hours in with him in a day, and half of that time is spent trying to get us out the door in the morning, trying to make dinner, feeling so exhausted and not really able to be present with him, etc. It is so not fair to him. I HATE that he is having to spend 8-9 hours per day at daycare. It doesn't seem right. 

But it the thing is, guys- I have about 100k in student loan debt. This is the stupid, awful price I have to pay for my higher education. My husband is the breadwinner because I'm a social worker, but I make decent enough money and our only debt is my student loan debt so he is not sympathetic when it comes to me working. 

Wahhhhhh. Ok I just bawled my head off while typing that, and honestly I feel like it helped a little. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou I agree with what the other ladies have said but I wanted to add that the people who say "just wait" always say that. They are the one-uppers. When you have a newborn and are not sleeping, they say "just wait until terrible twos". When you have toddlers, they say "just wait until teenaged years". I keep getting the same crap from people and I have no patience for it. Here's what I see: sometimes pregnancy sucks. Some people get super sick (in this club) and a lot have anxiety about loss the entire time. I personally HaTE feeling the baby move. It scares me and gives me the chills. (It is nice to know that the baby is moving and fine, of course) but I loved having an anterior placenta one time because I did not feel as much. This is my fourth baby and I know that there are struggles with every stage but I want to encourage you by saying that pregnancy is the worst experience for me personally. 
  • Options
    @onefoot - its a huge life altering and permanent responsibility. Even people who really want kids have mixed feelings about it during pregnancy. This hormone stew is serious! 

I prayed and begged for years to become a mom. Now its almost a running joke like I have to tell myself "I asked for this" regularly. My relationship and living situation are pretty complicated and challenging and it makes me wonder if I did the right thing, if I am dragging another human being into my uncertainty. 

I hope that for you (and me) we will fall in love with these little people inside us when we meet them and get to know them, and the challenging mixed feelings will have been worth it (along with the nausea, swelling, sleepless nights and discomfort lol). 

Now can u air mail me a hot sausage on French and a tub of crawfish pasta? God I miss new orleans food! Ur profile pic makes me hungry every time. 

Hope that made u smile :)
  • Options
    Let me start out by saying that hormones are ridiculous. I opened my lunchbox at the office and DH had packed it this morning. But he hadn't packed what he said he would and he forgot my snacks. I had been thinking about my leftover soup all morning and I legit started crying in the office over freaking lunch. Ugh. :(
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm leaving for a wedding in Italy tomorrow and my bump decided to finally pop out yesterday. Nor I can't zip a single black tie worthy dress I own. I know after a week of eating all the gelato in Italy nothing I own is going to fit by next weekend. I tried on an old black bridesmaid dress I wore in a wedding years ago and DH said you look fat not pregnant. He said just don't go to the wedding if you don't have anything to wear. He's being such an ass, saying I shouldn't have waited to the last min to plan what to wear! I think I'm going to wear a long flowered sundress I have and dress it up with jewelry. The thought of spending 300$ on a dress when there are cute baby clothes to buy makes me want to cry all over again.
  • Options
    @BaylieGirl I'm sorry you're going through all the trouble...Men hardly understand dress shopping to begin with never mind adding in an ever-changing / growing body! I hope your DH changes his tune and you guys have a great time in Italy. Safe trip and please eat lots of pasta and gelato for all of us bump ladies who are now drooling
  • Options
    @mecoats   Thanks so much, your kind words & positive thoughts mean a lot.  

@npaulie I certainly did find your comments helpful, thank you.  I do need to have a real serious conversation w/H.  It's been hard b/c we've both been traveling so much we don't see each other for long stretches and when we do it's like 2 days of getting things done and trying to have a little fun together.  Not to mention we're both exhausted.  Our lives don't lend themselves to kids, which is another factor in my feeling like we're trying to force a square peg into a round hole.  I do like your idea of making the effort to carve out couple time and am filing that into my mind for our talk that I hope to have tomorrow.  

@jem89  You're so right about the one-uppers!  I shouldn't let them get to me.  It's not just that though, I hate when anyone makes a reference to this pregnancy (immediate family and the few close friends I've told).  I'm so uncomfortable in my own skin and I hate that it's becoming evident to other people.  Pregnancy is very unnatural to me, even though it's done by millions of women every year.  I know not everyone enjoys the whole pregnancy journey, and that's somewhat comforting, but I just can't seem get past that feeling that this wasn't meant to be and that I'm forcing it.

@mamad233  You did make me smile, thank you!  We don't live in Louisiana anymore, sadly!  I'll tell you our secret though, we order lots of our food from Cajun Grocer online.  You can get andouille, crawfish monica, alligator sausage, roux, etc.  It's worth it!  And thank you also for the advice.  It's refreshing to hear that even people who really wanted this have reservations and uncertainty about the future.    

• Options
    The Little Prince on Netflix. Holy waterworks, Batman.

I watched that a few weeks ago! that was what I cried about too!!!!!!!!

SaveSave
  • Options
    @onefootinthebayou thank you for your brave, honest post! It touched me so much. Between crazy hormones, low energy, and feeling sick, I feel like my body isn't mine, I'm not me. Pregnancy is hard! I want kids, but feeling like this makes me regret being pregnant sometimes. It helps to know that other ladies are out there struggling with some of these feelings too. Your honesty helped me! I'm wishing you the best!
  • Options
    @Happyhiker Wow, I'm glad to hear that.  I really felt bad putting out such a downer message, especially since this isn't the first time I've alluded to these feelings and I've gotten really good and encouraging advice in the past.  It helps at the time, but then these feelings creep back in and this week they came with a vengeance.  It is a comfort to know that even people who really want this have similar feelings of doubt and uncertainty.  I literally can't believe so many people do this seemingly as easy as eating and sleeping.  It's so foreign to me.  This has really opened my eyes to how different every single person's experience is with this process.  Thank you again for your comments, I'm very glad my post was helpful to you.  If nothing else, we are all in this together for better or for worse! 

• Options
    @onefootinthebayou In it together for sure! It's great we can be open and real here. 
  • Options
    The 9/11 stuff is starting to play on the tv and radio. I force myself to watch it because I don't want to forget. But it gets me every time, pregnant or not. The news reports don't bother me. It's the people screaming from the towers before they went down, calling their loved ones in tears saying how much they love them. I can't even imagine what that felt like.
    BabyFruit Ticker