May 2016 Moms
Options

Adjusting to being back to work

How's everyone who went back to work adjusting to it?

Re: Adjusting to being back to work

• Options
    The first 3 days were the hardest. The 1st day of daycare (last monday) we both cried, the second day only I cried, and the third day it was a very long and hard goodbye. On the fourth day I realized that the women at daycare were just 2 more people to love and bond with baby and there is nothing that I can do that they can't. Since starting work I have been  so much happier. Not that spending  every second with my baby wasn't rewarding or happy moments, but I feel like it's really helped with my out of wack emotions and I feel like an important member of society again. It's  been so nice having interactions with other adults again. But my most favorite adjustment and part of the week is every day at 6:20 pm when I pick up my little girl from daycare and she gives me the biggest smile and tells me all about her day with her little coo's. We have a new nightly routine which makes me a little sad because an hour after we get home, she's  ready for bed but getting her to daycare and myself to work, back to pick her up and home again is generally seamless. 
  • Options
    Lurking from Feb 2016. I have been back at work for just over a month now. I love it!

I feel like a person again, and I really treasure the time I have in the mornings/evenings/weekends with my sweet LO. The first week back was exhausting and I was worried about finding a routine, but everything fell into place. Sometimes it's tough to get up in the morning after a rough night with the little guy, but I've been surprised how good I still feel overall.

It helps so much if you have a good daycare. I can go to work without feeling guilty because I know LO is in good hands with experienced people who think he's really cute. :) And - before long he will start making friends with the other kiddos and then I'm sure he won't want to come home in the evenings!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've also been back for just over a month.  Mixed feelings.

Pros: adult conversations, getting dressed in something other than pj's or athleticware covered in spit up, using my brain and being challenged, more patience and enjoyable time after daycare and on weekends

Cons: pumping - enough said, trying to get us both ready in the morning (I think I've made it into the office before 9 twice - on the days I have a 7 am meeting and DH does morning routine), I work from home 2x a week and trying to juggle work and kid is stressful - I end up giving 50% to both and feeling guilty.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been working from home and in the office for a little over a month now. Everything is going smoothly, I just feel so "meh" about work. Maybe my current projects are just boring I need to do something to get out of this funk! Anyone else feeling this way?
  • Options
    I'm totally in a funk with work as well. I didn't really enjoy my job before LO was born, but now the repetition and isolation (work remote but baby in daycare) is getting unbearable.

I'm trying to determine when to look for a new job but am trying to figure out whether a new employer will let me pump at work, or whether it'll hurt my career opportunities if I move on too soon.
  • Options
    Legally they can't descriminate against you for pumping and have to be willing to provide you a place to pump if necassary. 
  • Options
    Today is my first day back at work and so far so good. I've almost cried like 4-5 times but I've pulled myself together. DH dropped him off at daycare otherwise I would have been a mess. I work from 6-2:30 so the daycare isn't open when I come in. It's hard and I miss him (especially breastfeeding him) but it will get easier!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018