March 2017 Moms
Options

MoMo Twins

I found out at my appointment yesterday that the twins are mono-mono.  

Ill be be heading into the hospital at 23 weeks until delivery.  

Any of the other twin mamas in this boat?

Re: MoMo Twins

• Options
    wow! I don't have mono mono twins, I hadn't heard of the term so I looked it up. I'm sure that has to be hard and scary to be admitted at 23 weeks. Will you be able to have a nice setup to keep you busy with the internet and tv, etc? we will all keep you company!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    I don't have any experience but I just wanted to send you some support and tell you we will all be thinking of you and keeping you as busy as possible 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You have to go in regularly or you have to stay at 23w?
  • Options
    @vino831 - I have to stay at 23 weeks
  • Options
    No experience or advice, but just wanted to wish you good luck! One of my friends was on bedrest in the hospital from 26 weeks to when she delivered her twins at 36 weeks. She now has two beautiful, healthy 4 year old girls. 
  • Options
    Oh my goodness I can't fathom mama I'm so sorry!! I hope you're doing okay mentally about it all right now.

Why at 23 weeks? I saw @mam09 friends  (great shared story!!) But she went in at 26 weeks. I feel like I'd want to know what the latest  (but safest) time for me to go in would be?  What about work?

Oh You will have to keep us updated!! Prep lists, things to to /watch while there, etc. Take an apple tv, join the book club (or 4 :smile:

Hey maybe by then we'll have a Facebook group and people could even come visit!!
  • Options
    @vino831 I'm assuming 23 weeks because momo twins need aggressive monitoring to maximize the chances of a safe delivery, and because 23 weeks is around the time babies become viable outside the womb. I would imagine there is a chance of a "better out than in" situation even between 23 and 26 weeks. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @vino831 I'm assuming 23 weeks because momo twins need aggressive monitoring to maximize the chances of a safe delivery, and because 23 weeks is around the time babies become viable outside the womb. I would imagine there is a chance of a "better out than in" situation even between 23 and 26 weeks. 
    Exactly this.  They will start daily nsts and ultrasounds to monitor for cord entanglement at 23 weeks.  If the babies show distress, they will deliver any time after 24 weeks.
  • Options
    I can't believe that's already only ten weeks away for you! I'll be simultaneously crossing my fingers that those babies get to bake as long as possible and hoping that we can help keep you from feeling too bored in there. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, that is so early. I hope you manage to hold those babies in as long as possible. My babies are di-di so I am not particularly high risk.
    Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    As of right now my twins are believed to be momo. I go to mfm on Tuesday to check again. So far had 2 ultrasounds and have not found a membrane between them. They have not said Much yet...so we will find out more on Tuesday. Will be keeping you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    No experience to share. But lots of T&P as you quickly try to prep for the arrival of this day and possible arrivals of your little ones so soon! Modern medicine is amazing, you and babies will be in great hands and we will all be here to try our best to entertain!!  

How are you holding up? SO? If I remember he was deployed? Will he be back by then? What's your work situation? Willing to let you work remotely from hospital? Do you have family around to help with your other kiddos!? Sorry to be nosy! Can't help but wonder how this is all going to work for you! /) 
  • Options
    My coworkers sister had mono mono twins. They thought mine was mono mono till about 3ish weeks ago when they found the membrane. My coworkers sister had 7 lbs each twin girls mono mono. And was on bed rest since 6 months. I think the bed rest was at home. Keep us updated! Best wishes for you!!!! 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Coming out of lurking with a happy ending. One of my best friends had momo twin girls. She was hospitalized for 2 months and today those sweet girls are healthy and almost two years old!
  • Options
    ***Lurker***
    My water broke with my last at 29 weeks and they wanted to keep me pregnant until 35 weeks (didn't happen), but the hospital I where delivered had wonderful things in place for mommas just like me. The whole unit was mommas needing antepartum care. I had a TV and DVD player in my room with DVDs I could borrow from the nurses desk. The unit also had daily things to keep us from getting stir crazy. 

If you're able I'd call and ask about the accommodations where you'll be staying. Things allowed, things provided, etc. One big thing was that each time I went into labor we had to pack my room and take everything to labor and delivery with us, it might help to take some larger totes with you if there's a similiar policy. 

Good luck, momma!!
  • Options
    Thank you all so much for the love and encouragement!