Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: where do you live?

Re: GTKY: where do you live?

• Loading the player...
  • @Mother0fDragons Until last year we lived in Orlando, but recently moved to Ocoee.
    @WillRunForWine21 My family moved from NJ when I was seven, so can't really speak about missing snow. But I know my parents sure don't miss it. Plus all of the talk about frozen nostrils...yeah no thank you!!! 
    Me: 33 / DH: 35
    Married: Nov 2006
    DD: Sept 2010
    DS: June 2013
    BFP #3 - EDD 5.13.16
  • Manhattan. I'm from California, and I've lived on the east coast for over a decade, but I do not get used to the winters. It is such a misery. I love the hot, humid summers, though. I know that makes me one in a million. 
  • I should probably check the weather too @laurad75 @adirat I'm close but I think far enough it might miss us. I feel bad for my mom who is supposed to leave for Cape May tomorrow!
  • @EEL0824 Petoskey is such a beautiful place! They have the most breathtaking sunsets there! I went to the community college there for a year before transferring to a university. Wish I could have stayed longer. 
  • @mrs35 I absolutely LOVE visiting my uncle. He lives out in the "country" so he his house is surrounded by woods and it's just stunning. Petosky is such a beautiful city.
  • EEL0824 said:
    I think I am the first to post Ohio! I live in central Ohio, but I was born in Toledo, OH moved to Tecumseh, MI (shout out to @mrs35 and @firebaby688! My uncle lives in Petosky). I settled into Central Ohio 4 years ago.
    I grew up in Ohio @EEL0824!!! About an hour west of Toledo!
  • I grew up in upstate NY, then moved to the capital for 4+ years. I currently live in the Catskill Mountain Park, which is where MH grew up. 

Before moving here I thought the landscape was absolutely gorgeous, but the idea of living 20 minutes from the closest gas station, 45 minutes from the closest shopping town, and 25 minutes from the closest pizza place (pizza runs in my veins), was overwhelming. But I've really adjusted and I must say I love it. We have neighbors but the majority of the homes around us are weekend/summer homes for out of town folks. So it's really quiet and safe. I've seen more wildlife (bears, deer, coyote, foxes, etc) since being here than I ever did in the city (obviously). It was definitely a huge transition, but I became more flexible because of it. I don't think I'd ever want to move back to a suburb, definitely would never move to the city again. Actually our goal is to move deeper into the mountains where we can have more acreage. 

@mrsdaddario shout out to upstate NY! May I ask where?
  • @leekat14 I had family that lived in Swanton, and a friend that lived in Metamora!
  • @Mother0fDragons Another thing that is keeping me calm about relocating away from family is that I know how much they love Disney and it would guarantee I see them a couple times of year down south at the happiest place on earth.
    Me: 32, DH: 31
    Together: 11/2008, married: 3/2014
    DH: Type 1 Diabetes, (dx 4/15) Celiac Disease (dx 11/14), Treatment induced Neuropathy of Diabetes (dx 7/15)
    DH SA: 11/16: low count and low motility
    DH SA: 12/16: borderline low, count and motility
    1/20/17: BFP, 1/24/17: CP
    5/17:low AMH (0.89)
    6/17: first IUI cycle, 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI: 2 follies, BFN (count 58 million, 97% motility)
    7/17: second IUI, 2.5 letrozole, OPK, IUI: 1 follie, BFN (count 9.5 million swimming- dont know percentage)
    8/17: third IUI, 5.0 letrozole, 

• @LLo3 I had two college roommates that were from the Huntsville area! And I know what you mean. People look at me like I am a freak when I tell them I do not like sweet tea. Although I do love football with a fiery passion haha
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• bumpybumpbumpybump member
    edited September 2016
    @NurseK2016 hello!  Although I'm not a native, I do enjoy living in Iowa. Lots of diehard natives here though!

edited for spelling

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I grew up on the Jersey Shore and went to college in NC and never left.  I live outside if Charlotte now.  The summers are hot humid and kind of terrible but the winters can't be beat.  We still clearly have 4 seasons but it doesn't get extremely cold ever which is awesome.  DH went waterskiing thanksgiving day last year (he wore a wetsuit, but still).

After growing up in NJ, other than the weather, the best thing about the south is the lower cost of living.  I'm the only one of my high school friends who could afford to buy a home less than a year after graduating college...most of them stayed in the northeast.  I mean it was just a condo, but still.  It was downtown and I walked to work for 9 years and it was amazing.  We live in the 'burbs on a lake now and have a 35-45 minute commute, which is completely tolerable.  I do wish there was better public transportation here though so I didn't have to drive in.  Charlotte is a reasonably big city but the public transportation is almost nonexistent.
  • @LLo3 and @shstephenson One of my closest friends moved to Huntsville last year and I'm hoping to visit her sometime in the spring. I also have family in Birmingham. Being from a city where no one knows their neighbors, I've always been so impressed with how friendly and polite people in that area have been to us!
  • @bumpybump Welcome to Iowa! We are definitely die hards around here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Northern VA! About 30 minutes from DC :) 
    I lived in the Gainesville/Manassas area!
  • @leekat14 I grew up on Scotia! Where about are you? You can always PM if you don't want to shout it out over here lol
  • @jeg07 I've always wanted to visit Montana. It seems so peaceful to me!

Also, to tag, just put @ and the username

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Uh oh... Do we have some OSU fans then? Because I was born and raised in Ann Arbor and I bleed maize and blue... 
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• N-O!

Sorry. Purdue grad here and I just had to! 
  • @mrsdaddario I was married in scotia! I love upstate NY! I spent my summers growing up in ADK.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17