March 2017 Moms

Heartbeat

Has anyone actually heard baby's heartbeat yet? At my last appointment I was 11 weeks and they couldn't hear it yet with the doppler so we had to do an US to see it. It was nice to see baby but I'm so ready to hear it's sweet little heart beat 

Re: Heartbeat

• I've been finding it on my home doppler since 9w5d. Sometimes I can't find it, so I'll drink some water or eat and come back to it later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When I got a trabsvaginal ultrasound, they could switch a speaker on and we heard that sweet gallop. :) Not on Doppler yet though. 11 weeks today.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep will my doppler.
  • I've been consistently able to find it since 10 weeks on my home doppler, my midwife didn't try at my 10 week appt, but I found it that night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes on my Doppler 
  • yes my appt last wednesday I was 10.6  and the doctor did a quick sono and found it easily.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • shae86shae86 member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, during my 9 week ultrasound the tech found it. And I've heard it fairly consistently with my home doppler (a Sonoline-B) since 9w2d. 

*Edited because TB turned the letter b into a sunglass-wearing emoji. 
    About me *TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 34
    TTC 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/05/16, MMC 2/17/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #2: 7/13/16, EDD 3/21/16
  • R&DsMumR&DsMum member
    edited August 2016
    My last appointment was last Thursday, I was 10.6. We were able to hear it on the doppler that day. :-) 
  • We heard the heartbeat on the doppler at 10 weeks 2 days. 
  • BurrberrymumBurrberrymum member
    edited August 2016
    My first appointment I was 10 weeks exactly and my midwife could not find it. I haven't heard, or seen baby at all yet. Going to try again today with my home Doppler 10+5 so I'm hoping to hear it! 

Eta: I faintly found it today but wouldn't register on the Doppler but I heard it today at 10+5 for the first time!! 
  • Yes, found the HB with a home doppler at 9+3. 11 weeks now and it's much easier to find. 
  • Yes via ultrasound machine since 1st appointment at 7 weeks. The Doppler found them at 11 weeks too, but my uterus is larger due to 2 and popped out already so it is easier to find. 

SaveSave
  • The nurse first used a Doppler at my 12 week appointment and even then it took her a good long while to find. It can be tricky in first tri. She compared it to using a metal detector at a beach. You should be able to hear it at your next appointment for sure. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I didn't hear anything at the ultrasound at 9w3d, but I just started picking up the heartbeat with a home doppler at 11w3d. It wasn't very loud but I now that I know where to find it, it's been a little easier.
    DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• We heard it via transvaginal u/s at one of our last appointments...I was 10w5d...we didn't hear it at our perinatal appointment last week but could see it flickering....don't have a Doppler at home
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• I heard it during a vaginal U/S at 7w3d and again during an abdominal U/S at 11w6d. I've never actually seen a Doppler before

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I heart it on the ultrasound at 9 weeks, but can't find it on my home Doppler (12w3d). I'm not worried.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We didn't hear the heartbeat at our 8.5 week appt, but saw it with the TV US. I was also able to find the heartbeat and listen to it with my at home doppler last week (just under 12 weeks). I've heard it two other times since. We go in this Thursday for our next US (13 weeks) so I'm excited to hear it at the Doc's and learn more about our little sweetpea!
  • At my 9 week appt, I heard it on the Doppler (but it took a while for my midwife to find). Yesterday had my 12 week ultrasound and it came in very clear- 160 Bpm. So fun to see the little baby in there too! Hope Thursday goes well for you.
  • I saw it on an u/s at 7w5d and 9w5d, but haven't heard it yet. I'm now 10w5d and still haven't been able to find it on my home doppler, but I'm feeling okay about that. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 14 weeks and have had 3 appointments with only seeing the heart beat. My first pregnancy at a different doctor was only visual so I bought my own Doppler. I'm going to look for it now and ask my current doctor if I can hear it. I'm going to see the high risk doc next month so maybe they do it there? I'm so jealous that you ladies already get to hear it. 
  • I've found it with my home Doppler since 9+6. 14 weeks tomorrow and it's nice to just check in every few days. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • chrlyrchrlyr member
    edited September 2016
    I finally heard it for about two seconds today at 11w3d before the baby moved to where I couldn't pick it up. I thought it would be higher up by now, but it was way down just above my pubic bone.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker