3rd Trimester

Prodromal labor?

I'm sure stuff like this gets posted a lot but I'm desperate so I thought I'd post and just see if anyone feels the same! I'm 38 weeks 4 days and for about 3 weeks now I've had contractions that have gotten progressively more intense. The other night I was SURE it was real labor because my cervix hurt so bad with every contraction. This is my 3rd baby but my first home birth so I've never done this naturally before! Anyways, my contractions always seem to stop when I fall asleep at night. 

My my midwife is confused why this would be happening. I've tried about every natural induction method I could think of, and I've even tried taking measures to stop the contractions altogether! Nothing is helping! Anyone have this issue? 

Re: Prodromal labor?

•  I've tried about every natural induction method I could think of, and I've even tried taking measures to stop the contractions altogether! 
    I'm so confused :confused:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • kspace9 said:
    I'm sure stuff like this gets posted a lot but I'm desperate so I thought I'd post and just see if anyone feels the same! I'm 38 weeks 4 days and for about 3 weeks now I've had contractions that have gotten progressively more intense. The other night I was SURE it was real labor because my cervix hurt so bad with every contraction. This is my 3rd baby but my first home birth so I've never done this naturally before! Anyways, my contractions always seem to stop when I fall asleep at night. 

My my midwife is confused why this would be happening. I've tried about every natural induction method I could think of, and I've even tried taking measures to stop the contractions altogether! Nothing is helping! Anyone have this issue? 
    What?? Are you trying to induce yourself or stop labor?? Because you said both in the same sentence. 
    In terms on having contractions, that's pretty normal for being almost 39 weeks.  There's not much you can do about it other than relax and take it easy.  You can ask your midwife to pull your mucus plug and see if it makes the labor progress but the baby will come when it's ready to come no matter what you do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Shima42Shima42 member
    edited September 2016
    I totally understand why you would want labor to either come to its conclusion or stop altogether!  I'm sorry you're in so much pain.  Have you read Ina May Gaskin's book on natural childbirth?  It talks about how little things that are emotional roadblocks for you might prevent you from dilating enough to really get labor going.  Is there something in your environment that is stressing you out or making you feel unsafe?  Unresolved issues with your partner, or some task left unfinished?