October 2016 Moms

Happiness Thread *Super late - Week of 8/30*

So sorry guys - I feel like I've been in a whirlwind the past few days & just realized I never posted this!

What's going on in your life this week that's making you happy??

Re: Happiness Thread *Super late - Week of 8/30*

• Loading the player...
  • @annabenanna I love it! Dean is so classic. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's been so fun going thru everything and organizing all my sons new clothes and items from our shower. The changing table arrives tomorrow and once that's assembled the nursery should be complete! Can't thank my mom and niece enough for all the help! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @annabenanna Isaac Dean is perfect!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @annabenanna I love it!! And so happy that y'all agreed! 
  • F47F47 member
    I have Tuesdays off with DS. I've been SO TIRED today. Felt exhausted when I woke up and never recovered. 

DH has a soccer game later (he coaches), but got home at 4:45. He walked in - and I came straight up to lay in bed. I have exactly 50 minutes left of glorious peace and quiet. 

My only decision to make is whether to take a 50 minute nap, or a 30 minute nap + shower so I'm ready for bed as soon as DS is down for the night. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @ball4768 I'm right there with you. I'm enjoying these last 6-8 weeks being pregnant but I'm growing more excited everyday to meet our son!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• bnsmith85 said:
    @annabenanna... When you said his name + last name I thought... Isaac Dean Benanna Bahahaha 
    Lolz
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @annabenanna... When you said his name + last name I thought... Isaac Dean Benanna Bahahaha 
    It kinda sounds good.  It flows.  HAHAHAHA.  
  • bnsmith85 said:
    It kinda sounds good.  It flows.  HAHAHAHA.  
    Alright speaking of names..... there's one chick I kinda know (friend of a friend) who is naming her daughter:  BrownieKate.  I kid you not.  I wanna ask her so many things:

1.)  Why Brownie?
    2.)  Why no space?
    3.)  Why capitalize the K? 
    4.)  Is she gonna be a girl scout?
    Ummm...what?? :-/
  • ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited September 2016
    @annabenanna ok that one is way over my head. Def sounds like she's a Brownie, like a Girl Scout! I mean I like brownies as a food....a name....?? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @annabenanna ... I wonder if she's telling people that bc they don't want to discuss their name choice. A few girls in here did that back when no one knew what these babies would be named
  • bnsmith85 said:
    @annabenanna ... I wonder if she's telling people that bc they don't want to discuss their name choice. A few girls in here did that back when no one knew what these babies would be named
    Maybe?  I dunno.  Her facebook posts are very convincing.  Like she's talking about serious subjects and then injects "BrownieKate" in them.  Example:  "Freaking out!!!  This lady I bought BrownieKate's going home outfit sent me the wrong gown"

It sounds like BrownieKate is gonna be here soon.  I'll keep you ladies posted!!! LOL

• @annabenanna Bahahaha... What if she IS giving a bogus name and then someone gets her things with BrownieKate personalized on them. Bahahahaha... That would be HILARIOUS 
  • Sounds like somebody watched Where the Heart Is one too many times...
  • I'm laying on the couch, by myself, in the dark (it's about to storm so it got dark early) bumping... while DH is at a Dad 411 class... Plus I have no back pain and no heartburn. This is wonderful :)
  • bnsmith85 said:
    I'm laying on the couch, by myself, in the dark (it's about to storm so it got dark early) bumping... while DH is at a Dad 411 class... Plus I have no back pain and no heartburn. This is wonderful :)
    That sounds heavenly. Oh wait, that's what I'm doing too! :) except H is at work. 
  • @allythekid That's what I thought of too! Kinda hoping it's like a nickname... it sounds like a screen name, but I wouldn't put it past people to start naming their kids screen names.

• I had a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks today! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @RainMira9e Bahaha no kidding! I'm waiting for somebody to try to add a hash tag to the front of a name.
  • I had a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks today! 
    I was about to, but decided on a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ instead! 
  • OrangeEv said:
    I had a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks today! 
    I was about to, but decided on a pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ instead! 
    Not being allowed to have wheat really has it's downfalls. :( but that sounds equally as amazing! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Excited about the long weekend, I need some sleep ! If only I can get my kids to nap with me <3