August 2015 Moms

milk

How many people are still giving their 1 year old formula or breast milk and how often? Mine still drinks breast milk but very little, probably around 8oz a day.

Re: milk

• My son will be one next week. He still gets about 2.5 formula bottles a day.  He is super picky with foods and I don't want to drop them until I think he's getting enough solids and regular milk a day.  He takes a sippy cup now but we just got him to take that a few weeks ago.  So we give him milk in that. This past week he started eating better and more foods so hopefully we can drop a bottle soon. 
  • I still give formula 2 or 3 times a day, but after these last few cans are gone we are going cows milk only and formally bottle weaning. He eats food really well and has nearly mastered the art of the sippy cup so he is just about ready.
  • Loading the player...
  • L turned 1 on the 4th, and hasn't had a bottle of formula in over a week. Because I can't keep track of the sippy cup - he still gets cows milk and juice in a bottle. He eats from our plates and snacks at every meal.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Lo turned 1 on the 9th and he still BF morning and before bed and atleast twice in the night. Each feed is around 10-15 mins. He also has 3 meals a day with two snacks. He drinks plenty of water out of a bottle too. 
  • I'm trying to cut down feedings, but we still BF once in the morning, once before her nap, and before bed. She eats 3 meals, one snack, and drinks water from her cup. She still doesn't care for cow milk, but will drink some
  • Lo turned 1 on the 9th and he still BF morning and before bed and atleast twice in the night. Each feed is around 10-15 mins. He also has 3 meals a day with two snacks. He drinks plenty of water out of a bottle too. 

oh my gosh still getting up during the night! are you going to lose your mind? my LO didn't sleep through the night until 6 months and I thought that was terrible but 1 year.. ...
  • lrwardrop said:
    Lo turned 1 on the 9th and he still BF morning and before bed and atleast twice in the night. Each feed is around 10-15 mins. He also has 3 meals a day with two snacks. He drinks plenty of water out of a bottle too. 

oh my gosh still getting up during the night! are you going to lose your mind? my LO didn't sleep through the night until 6 months and I thought that was terrible but 1 year.. ...
    Its a nightmare! Top it off hes also dropped his naps. If he does nap its like 30 minutes in the day. Not sure why. Hes been walking since 10 months so thought that would make him tiered but no!!! Daily walks around the park and everywhere we go and hes got the energy to keep going lol
  • LO is being weaned slowly by me. I now am breastfeeding him 3x a day. Early morning early afternoon and bedtime. He does not STTN but i just cut the night feedings cold turkey 2 days ago to try and help move his sleep in the right direction. I was feeding him 3or4 times at night before. He eats 3 meals and about only half a cup of wholemilk a day but as i continue to wean that will increase. O plan to bf for at least 3 more months or so.
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • We still breastfeed 4-5 times a day. Right when he wakes up, before nap, after nap, before dinner and before bed. DS loves to nurse. I also made it a point to BF longer because he had a hard time gaining weight and we delayed some of his vaccines- so I am trying to plump him up and give him immune support! 
  • I bf only first wake up and night time. 

He gets horizon organize Dha whole milk on during the other feedings
  • I day weaned, so I only nurse around the hours of 8pm-8am. She wakes a couple times during the night to nurse. Since we cosleep it isn't that big of a deal to me. My bigger priority was day weaning so that I didn't have to pump at work and feed her when we are out and about. I am in no rush to wean completely so night nursing it is. Before bed, when she wakes for the day, and however many times she wakes at night. <--which I could do without but...haven't gotten that far yet lol