TTC After a Loss
Options

Healthy Living Check-In *Week of Aug 28th*

Happy Sunday Ladies of TTCal ~

Welcome to the Healthy Living weekly check in! We are here to support each other in living a healthy and happy life. Sometimes the ttcal life can be stressful and challenging and it can take it's toll on us in different ways. This is a place where we can share goals, achievements, recipes, challenges... with healthy living in mind (not just weight loss or a number on the scale). So here are the weekly questions, thanks for stopping by!

We'll start with an inspirational quote of the week:

"He who has health, has hope. He who has hope, has everything." (Arabian Proverb)

1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling?

2. What are your fitness goals for this week?

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges?

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies-
Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
ttcal May 2016

Re: Healthy Living Check-In *Week of Aug 28th*

• Options

ok I'll start the ball rolling :)

1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling? This week I feel very bloated and I gained five pounds on my trip to Denver. It was just 4 days! wtf!!! I gained 15 pounds since last year when we started ttc.

2. What are your fitness goals for this week? I went to yoga today, planning on going to pilates on Weds ( went last week for the first time- really liked it) and one cardio class - either kickboxing or spin on Thurs or Fri. My gym has classes every night and there is literally no excuse!

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges? working on food shopping today and making sure I have veggie and fruit snacks for every day. I want to start tracking in food journal again, but not this week. Easing my way back into it.

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies- Drink lots of water every day. Just force yourself!!! I have to remind myself all the time - but it helps keep the cravings down and keeps you feeling full after meals. Also minimizes the bloating.
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    Thanks @KarenBeth714 for getting this started!

I'm on day 21 of my first Whole30 and feeling pretty great! I have no idea if I've lost weight because we hid the scale and are sticking to the no weighing ourselves until the time is up!

Go to my barre class 4 times... I took barre easy the first 14 days of the challenge but ramped it back up last week, even doing 2 hours of class on Friday. So I'm hoping to go 4 times this week. Additionally - I've been wanting to try Orange Theory Fitness so going to bite the bullet and call and sign up sometime this week

I'm all meal planned for the week. Lots of good dinners on the schedule. No tempting challenges on my schedule this week which is good.

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies
    Eat breakfast... with protein ! That helps me so much to feel good.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy Sunday Ladies of TTCal ~

Welcome to the Healthy Living weekly check in! We are here to support each other in living a healthy and happy life. Sometimes the ttcal life can be stressful and challenging and it can take it's toll on us in different ways. This is a place where we can share goals, achievements, recipes, challenges... with healthy living in mind (not just weight loss or a number on the scale). So here are the weekly questions, thanks for stopping by!

We'll start with an inspirational quote of the week:

"He who has health, has hope. He who has hope, has everything." (Arabian Proverb) 

1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling? Feeling a tad bloated but overall pretty good

2. What are your fitness goals for this week? Keeping up with our half marathon training schedule 

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges? We had decided to try and only get our groceries from the local farmers market. It keeps us eating organic produced and grass fed small farm meats. We had a great trip Saturday morning and I'm looking forward to it. The tomatoes I had today were sooo much better than any I've had recently 

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies- just avoid processed. Eat foods in their natural form. Ever since my MTHFR diagnosis I really read labels and it's crazy how most food is so over processed that they then have to add back in artificial nutrients to replace the real ones they stripped down 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    1. Feeling bloated too. Weekends are always bad for me - lots of eating out, going out for ice cream etc. Trying to have healthier weekends but it's hard.

2. Keep going to my Barre classes -I like to go 4 times a week.

3. Eat fairly healthy during the week but I'm reliant on a lot of frozen foods. DH works at night so I'm alone for dinner and usually opt for a quick Lean Cuisine meal. Would like to cut down on processed foods.

4. I always try to have stuff for breakfast and lunch planned so I don't grab stuff on the go. I hate to waste "eating out" calories on something you could be eating in your car or at your desk. Saves money too!

• Options
    1.) Ugh post-vacation bloat. We definitely ate poorly and drank more than I was hoping too. Originally when we planned this trip, I didn't think we would be getting ready to TTC for another month. I was really hoping to quit th coffee and alcohol before my first WTO off the bench. 

2.) I hope to run or do my kettle bell workout 3 days out of the next 4. We are heading out on another trip Friday, so travel isn't always conducive to healthy eating and working out.

3.) Back on the clean eating kick. No processed foods, caffeine, or alcohol. I'm hoping clean eating will improve my depression as well.

4.) Don't sit at your desk all day. Get up at least once an hour and go for a 5 minute walk. It will help your mind and concentration.
  • Options
    1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling?  I had some bad bloating yesterday but seems to be better today (CD3).  

2. What are your fitness goals for this week?  Walking, yoga, pilates.  I want to get back in the pool (I swam foreverrrr) but swimming is time consuming.

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges?  I try to meal plan on Sundays and shop on Monday.  @ladipale I did Whole30 also just for fun and enjoyed it!  I've pretty much given up alcohol but I did indulge last week for my birthday.  I've cut my caffeine intake WAY down; now I have 2-3 cups of coffee throughout the week.  

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies:  I am also in agreement for drinking lots and lots of water.  I like mine REALLY cold and I usually add in lemon or other fruits/herbs to mix it up.  
  • Options
    @Aera11 love that lemon water! mint too or lime is good.
    @DungeonTrollMel woah! A half marathon! What's your training schedule like? Have you done one before?
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 yes I have done 10 but this is DHs first and my running fell apart after my first BFP in January so it's worse than starting felt square 1. We run 3 times a week and I try to swim atleast once as cross training. 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @Aera11 - I was a swimmer FOREVER! And water polo player!

@DungeonTrollMel - I have MTHFR mutations too. compound hetero... my OB and a few others I have chatted with are convinced it doesn't impact TTC/pregnancy. I lean toward believing them because I've had 2 healthy pregnancies (one after my diagnosis, which was found by a psychiatrist when she wanted me to try an experimental drug). So I did W30 mostly to avoid "enriched"/added folic acid. I'm going to keep it up for sure. I also take methylated folate instead of folic acid. My homocysteine (sp?) is good too. It was borderline high at 11 a few years ago but is at about 7 now.
    Also - our losses match up - well, your first one... we haven't tried again yet. I had my D&C on 3/1.
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    @ladipale my homocysteine was boarder line high on initial draw but they had me on 4mf folic acid before they knew so I am now on 15mg of methylfolate compounded with vitamin D and it's much better. I also make sure I take a prenatal vitamin with methylfolate instead of folic acid as well. I mostly eat "paleo" 90% of the time so it helps me avoid enriched things anyway. 
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options

1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling? Doing better coming off of a relaxing weekend.  Water weight gain from ovulation is starting to back off, so excited about that. 

2. What are your fitness goals for this week? Hoping to eat well, not over eat, and to exercise every day.

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges? I’ll be with family this weekend for labor day weekend and it’s always a challenge to eat well when I have less control over my food choices.

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies- I always try to remember to eat in moderation.  Instead of refusing to eat things I try to eat less of the things that I want.  Like, do I really need to eat 3 or 4 slices of pizza?  Heck no!  I can eat one or two slices… because I can always order pizza in a week or two if I’m craving it again.  I don’t need to calorie binge.  So, moderation ladies! 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    no way @ladipale! me too!  I swam and played water polo too :) I stopped swimming competitively after high school but played water polo in college.
  • Options
    @Aera11 - so funny! Where did you go to college? The swim team at my undergrad (LMU in Los Angeles) asked me to swim but I was over it... I joined crew team instead. Then I swam again on a hard core masters team during grad school!
    ~~ married 8.11.07
  • Options
    @ladipale - I did crew in college too! I wish I could go back to being 18, in crew and able to eat whatever I wanted. lol
  • Options
    @ladipale I went to Grand Valley State in Michigan!  By the time I got to college, I wanted to do it for fun and socialization, not to be competitive and so it was perfect because it was a club sport.  I was going to play on the masters team in my hometown when I moved back, but there were too many kids from high school on that team and I was kind of over all that.
  • Options
    1. Last week I only went to the gym twice, I typically try to go five times and right now I don't have a ton of motivation to get there. Just gotta do it!

2. Get to the gym 5x, eat zero gluten (I had a few slip ups last week and it resulted in some serious bloat) and average at least 10K steps a day. Sometimes my issue is that I just find myself sitting far too often. 

3. We just got fresh garden veggies from my grampie so we'll be consuming those this week! I love fresh beans and corn, yum!

4. Eat real food! Processed food, fast food and prepackaged meals are filled with so many bad/unhealthy things.
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    I hope this works!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    yolandamunozyolandamunoz member
    edited August 2016
    Maybe now 
    I'm sorry! I wrote all this on mobile and then the app froze! I got a screenshot! LOL
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was so looking forward to this thread and then I've just felt like garbage the past three days and now I'm sooooo behind but thought maybe better late than never???

As mentioned, feeling rotten. Very fatigued, lots of pain and headaches. Feels like I need a major massage and a soak more than anything. I might take a soak in "not too hot" water (because even tho I might have JUST ovulated I'm super paranoid and know the other ladies dealing with anxiety likely understand)

Honestly to do pretty much anything. I'm going for a walk in half an hour, that has a bit of elevation so it gets my lungs going, at least. I'd like to do at least one more hike or walk and to do yoga at least once. When I'm feeling like this I have to set small goals or I'll be upset with myself or push too hard and feel worse.

Trying to keep the chips to a minimum...DH has been really snacky at night -like having a bowl of ice cream in bed at almost 10pm while we watch Mr Robot lol- so that's my biggest challenge....saying no to DH lol 

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies-
    I'm sure it's been said (I'll be reading through afterwards) but I believe in moderation and diversity, not deprivation. Whole foods are always your best bet (ie. Eggs aren't bad for you!) so try to watch your processed foods. If you're going to have sugar, have the real thing (honey or maple syrup are good options but artificial sweeteners aren't great). I also think the low fat craze is overrated. I always choose the high fat dairy option (ex. Whole milk) as it is lower in sugar/lactose and also easier to digest because of that.
    Oh and my biggest tip for exercise: START SLOW! It makes me so sad when I see people get really excited and go all out on their first workout and then are so sore for a week that they can't move and get discouraged! In that same vein, if you're just starting out, make ONE small change per week or every few days. Trying to change everything at once (ex. I'm gonna quit soda, cut all sweets, walk a mile every single day, etc) can be overwhelming and a recipe for failure :/

Okay, I got excited lol.....
  • Options
    Hope everyone is able to hit some of the goals this week! small steps is right @rainbowturtles and focus on feeling good. I am proud of myself for making it to spin class last night. My diet has been not so good bc back to school stress is getting to me and setting up my classroom makes me hungry. Plus I work in a major China town and I missed the delicious food over the summer. yums. Maybe they will cancel eachother out.
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    1. What's your current health status this week? How are you feeling?  I'm new here and feeling like I need to get back on track after my D&C so I can try TTC again. I'm just over the high end of normal so I'm hoping to drop some body fat and get healthier overall.

2. What are your fitness goals for this week?  I just started using the gym at my office so I'm hoping to get back in the habit. This week goal is 2x since I missed a few days but 3x at work and then some kind of workout/activity every other day.

3. What are your food plans for this week? Any challenges?  Going out over the long weekend will be tough. Hoping to eat mostly at home.

4. Give a good healthy tip for your ttcal ladies.  I just reactivated my account on myfitnesspal. It helps me visualize how my food choices fit together. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Does anyone like soups or subscribe to the "warming foods" in the TWW? I've been obsessed with curry soup lately, regardless, but thought I'd try something a little different today and it is SO yum, ladies!!! PS: you decide how spicy it is or no spice at all. It's easy to make and a yummy, healthy lunch :) (if anyone wants the curry soup recipe, too, let me know...equally easy and yummy)

https://pin.it/Vzd76CG

Eta photo