February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (8/29)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/29)

• Pushing it down won't work now. We're having it out. It's unavoidable.
  • @grapeskittles4lyfe that is awesome! I only get one week paid maternity leave. I will of course get up the mandated 6 weeks off plus whatever vacation I have saved (which is zero..) My husband however gets up to 12 weeks paid paternity leave through the city though. So I'll go back to work at 6 weeks and then he will take probably a month off to take care of the new babe.

Any one else have super sh*tty maternity leave?
    I don't have a maternity leave. I work for such a small company and make so little (but I don't pay for daycare) that I might get 2 weeks because we can't afford for me to not bring in money. Plus it's too small to qualify for FMLA. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jbuck909 said:
    @grapeskittles4lyfe that is awesome! I only get one week paid maternity leave. I will of course get up the mandated 6 weeks off plus whatever vacation I have saved (which is zero..) My husband however gets up to 12 weeks paid paternity leave through the city though. So I'll go back to work at 6 weeks and then he will take probably a month off to take care of the new babe.

Any one else have super sh*tty maternity leave?
    I don't have a maternity leave. I work for such a small company and make so little (but I don't pay for daycare) that I might get 2 weeks because we can't afford for me to not bring in money. Plus it's too small to qualify for FMLA. 

Same boat. There's only my boss, my coworker, and me. So no protections. I'm literally saving up all of my vacation time and that's all the "paid" leave I will get.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @scifichick09 @jbuck909 the only reason I qualify for the minimum 6 weeks is because our company is owned by a corporation, otherwise I'd be in the same boat. As it is I can't even afford to take off 6 weeks. I will probably come back part time after a few weeks and hopefully bring baby in with me.
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • @scifichick09 just your screen name was way nerdy. But then you went like bat shit crazy nerdy. Lol. 

• Nerds are cool, @scifichick09! Don't let em get you down. 
  • Hahaha! And my friends give me a hard time because I'm too nerdy for them..... 

• My college has this thing called Breakfast Club on football days... You dress up in costumes and open the bars at 6AM and drink $1 screwdrivers & Bloody Mary's until kickoff. Yeah, my BFF and I dressed up as amino acids. Hello, my name is Methionine, but you can call me AUG and I will start you off right ;) 
    Image result for laughter gif

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My college has this thing called Breakfast Club on football days... You dress up in costumes and open the bars at 6AM and drink $1 screwdrivers & Bloody Mary's until kickoff. Yeah, my BFF and I dressed up as amino acids. Hello, my name is Methionine, but you can call me AUG and I will start you off right ;) 
    Image result for laughter gif
    Yeah, I never understood why it was "funny" or "ridiculous" that Sheldon had a favorite amino acid.  Although I didn't understand why it was Lysine... unless its a Jurassic Park thing...

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I made the mistake of telling my coworkers during a meeting that our health insurance company's website allows us to download an excel spreadsheet and how I used it to analyze all of my medical claims and "it was so awesome!" 
     They never let me forget that one.  

• Has anyone else been lurking the other boards & seen that may 17 have already started a fb group?! 
  • AfKash said:
    I made the mistake of telling my coworkers during a meeting that our health insurance company's website allows us to download an excel spreadsheet and how I used it to analyze all of my medical claims and "it was so awesome!" 
     They never let me forget that one.  
    But that IS awesome!
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Has anyone else been lurking the other boards & seen that may 17 have already started a fb group?! 
    I saw the thread and opened it anticipating to see awesome gifs about creepers and how fb is a bad idea. Nope. They are all for it. Weirdos. 
  • @scifichick09 let your nerd flag fly! I'm a geek-- totally different,  not as smart ;-)
  • Wtf is going on here lately. I swear the same person is creating multiple usernames and is screwing with us. 
  • Wtf is going on here lately. I swear the same person is creating multiple usernames and is screwing with us. 
    I actually wish that was true, and there aren't this many freaking a$$holes out there. 
  • kswiger06 said:
    My husband informed me today that I'm waddling like the ducks lol... now that he informed me I keep catching myself and try to correct it, this will be on my brain every step I take for the next several months... 
    My husband just told me the same thing! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Partyof6? I was actually debating the same thing earlier. I saw the TTGP ladies are playing would you rather, or since we're mostly in 2nd tri now, maybe a food GTKY?
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Partyof6? I was actually debating the same thing earlier. I saw the TTGP ladies are playing would you rather, or since we're mostly in 2nd tri now, maybe a food GTKY?
    Let's do it! 
  • @scifichick09 I'm a nerd too (chemistry teacher)... you can sit with me. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got blood drawn yesterday and I think the tech hit a nerve pulling the needle out - pain shot down my arm and into my wrist and I yelped! I've never experienced that before. I was like, "what did you do?!"
  • I went out for dinner with friends and my kid for the first time in awhile. I wouldn't exactly call it a fun experience... More like completely exhausting.