February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Talk! 8/29/16

13»

Re: Symptoms Talk! 8/29/16

• Bump
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • Question, maybe for STM's or anyone further along than I am...  Do the tender/painful nips ever go away?  Or, is that something I should just accept as my reality for the next six months?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha mine eased up sometime right before third tri or else they didn't and I just adjusted to that's how my life would be now. 
  • I feel like for me the pain started going away unless I squeezed. But it definitely wasn't as bad in third tri as say first. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • This is a random thing, but I'm hard core craving salt. Is anyone else craving salty everything? I'm not sure if it's dehydration related or just a phase.
  • The tender/painful nips have been "better" with each kid and have also eased up throughout the pregnancies (from 1st tri being the worst.) With my first, my boobs and nipples hurt so bad. With the second they both still hurt a lot but less so. With this one, still hurts but even less so and seems more like just the nips and less the whole boob area. 

I'm craving salt all the time too.
  • @WinchesterGirl @Jab3   Oh yeah, I'm loving the salt.  Especially in soy sauce form.  
  • Lightning boob, anyone? That's my latest and it hurts so much! (16w)
  • @WinchesterGirl, Yup all the salt all the time. I've been eating anything savoury I can get my hands on. So far the thought of pastries(which I used to adore) completely turns me off.
  • @MommaBean i have the lightning boobs! I started with having constant sore boobs which is how i shouldve known i was pregnant (before
    my bfp) but didnt & that lasted til about 4 weeks ago (ill be 19 weeks tomorrow) and now the lightning boob which is so painful! 
  • MommaBean said:
    Lightning boob, anyone? That's my latest and it hurts so much! (16w)
    same here! I caught myself rubbing my boobs at work, whoops!
  • MLRocha said:
    Question, maybe for STM's or anyone further along than I am...  Do the tender/painful nips ever go away?  Or, is that something I should just accept as my reality for the next six months?
    For me the nips were fine later in pregnancy but ouch, it was rough the first few weeks of breastfeeding!
    But just in case wearing a bra is driving you insane, there are things called nipple shields (little cups that make a dome over the nips so nothing touches them). Sort of looks lumpy if you're out in public, but if it's really bad, you might not mind!

ps- why did Gingersnap get banned? Did I miss some drama?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You missed major drama..check out the Zika thread. @FreshBakedBrownies

• 18 weeks here, and my symptom situation is all over the place. I'm a rage monster, a cry baby, my nipples feel like they're falling off everytime I take my bra off, swollen ankles by the end of the day, and I threw up this morning! I prayed for this baby so hard, and I'm experiencing it 110% this third pregnancy! 
  • AfKash said:
    You missed major drama..check out the Zika thread. @FreshBakedBrownies
    Oh dear, yeah I missed that one!
  • My boobs don't hurt all the time, just when nipples are provoked.  4th baby, nursed three kids, I am hoping it's just that they are already tough.  I do keep getting that let down feeling every once in awhile, but i can't remember if I leaked before my youngest was born.

Is anyone waking up with achy hips and legs?   I am always a side sleeper, pregnant or not, so it has to be the weight shifting?  I have never had a full body pillow but I am thinking about it.
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Partyof6? I have achy hips on and off. I got a body pillow a few weeks ago and LOVE it. Foam rolling my glutes also helps with my hip and low back pain. 
  • As I'm nearing the 5 month mark, I keep reading that my appetite should be increasing now but it's not.  It's exactly the same.  My appointment with my OB isn't for another two weeks.  Also, I've only gained 2 lbs since the last 1.5 months (which right now is actually ok because I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant). Anyone else not seeing an increase in appetite? 

• I feel like my appetite has increased, but I've actually lost 5 lbs. My OB seems to be okay with it, because I also was overweight before pregnancy.
  • My appetite hasn't increased at all. I can barely eat the amounts of food I used to pre-pregnancy. II'm sure part of it is because I've still been pretty nauseous throughout the day. I've lost 10lbs since getting the BFP, and my doctor doesn't seem concerned either. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• My appetite hasnt increased either @AfKash, i can actually eat now without throwing up but still not that interested in food & can only eat little amounts of anything. I think im a week ahead of you & 3 different people told me on thursday that i looked like i had lost weight so i shall be wearing that dress more often!
  • @AfKash I am 16w and have actually lost weight but I don't have an increased appetite at all. I eat less than before I was prego. I have no MS.

My major symptom was constipation but I switched my prenatal and now I have all the poop! now my back just hurts if I walk too long or sit too long.
  • Thank you so much ladies for all your responses!! It's reassuring to know I'm not alone and I don't have to worry about not having an appetite! Love you all to reeses pieces!!

• edited September 2016
    Omg! I wish I did not go to that festival! My allergies just flared terribly. This sucks! 

ETA: I was fine when we were outside.  But as soon as we got home, I can't stop sneezing! I took a shower to wash all the pollen off, took Cingulair, Zyrtec, and Rhinocort. I really really hope I don't get another sinus infection.  This always happens to me.  I end up having to take steroids and antibiotics and baby does not need that right now.  So sorry for the rant. I just feel terrible and I'm shocked that allergens are so bad today.  

• AfKash said:
    As I'm nearing the 5 month mark, I keep reading that my appetite should be increasing now but it's not.  It's exactly the same.  My appointment with my OB isn't for another two weeks.  Also, I've only gained 2 lbs since the last 1.5 months (which right now is actually ok because I was slightly overweight when I got pregnant). Anyone else not seeing an increase in appetite? 
    At my 16 week appointment I had only gained 3 pounds total, and I wasn't overweight to start with, but the doc said it was ok, that at least i was gaining and not losing. It's super weird to me because I feel like my butt and hips have grown, my boobs feel like they've doubled, I've got a big belly already and none of my pants fit, but somehow I've only gained 3 lbs. lol, I don't get it! I don't feel like my appetite has increased either. Maybe just slightly from pre-pregnancy, but not much at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pennylucille haha totally true! I feel like all the weight I put on is in my boobs and my face.  

• AfKash said:
    Omg! I wish I did not go to that festival! My allergies just flared terribly. This sucks! 

ETA: I was fine when we were outside.  But as soon as we got home, I can't stop sneezing! I took a shower to wash all the pollen off, took Cingulair, Zyrtec, and Rhinocort. I really really hope I don't get another sinus infection.  This always happens to me.  I end up having to take steroids and antibiotics and baby does not need that right now.  So sorry for the rant. I just feel terrible and I'm shocked that allergens are so bad today.  
    Oh no! I totally feel you on all of this! I had an asthma flare very early in my pregnancy and was put on steroids again. Have you tried using a neti pot? I use something similar to one, it is Sinus Med brand I believe and it is a squeeze bottle. My allergist had me start using it to clear our my sinuses and reduce my chances of sinus infection. I think it definitely helps!
  • @lfrank12 yess! Thank you for reminding me! I used to use it years ago. I think I forgot about it when I was moving.  I'll have to figure out where it is.  Thank you!

• Also if the neti pot is too much, I have been using just plain old saline nose spray several times a day. It's easier on the gag reflex. :neutral:
  • @WinchesterGirl thank you, but I've tried that.  It helps keep my nose moist but it's not enough to clear out the sinuses.  

• @Gretchypoo My story is pretty much the same as yours, I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow and I've lost a fair bit of weight, my appetite is also WAY down and I'm eating less than before I was prego - and no ms for me either.  My midwife isn't super concerned right now, or at least she wasn't when I saw her a couple weeks ago, but we'll see what she says at the middle of this month.
  • @BeckS13 I'm so glad it's not just me! I got a mini-lecture from my midwife like "Don't diet!" I'm not! I am just trying to eat healthy! but this week I had ice cream, Mac n cheese, and nachos...