April 2016 Moms
Options

Mommy & Me Update: August 2016

Hey fellow mamas! Here's the update thread for August. Feel free to share/post! :) 

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself:

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.)

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: 

BABY:

LO is ______ weeks old!

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc):

Baby really loved:

Baby absolutely hated: 

Stats (weight/height gained)

Re: Mommy & Me Update: August 2016

• Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): I got the Mirena inserted at about 8 weeks PP. I am still over my Pre-Pg weight but I am ok with it for now. I am not actively trying to lose the weight and wont really concern myself with it until I wean from bf'ing. I am pretty sure I am suffering from PPA but no confirmation. I am just dealing with it for now. I have an appt with my OB in October. I will bring it up then if it's still an issue. 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: um....hmm..let's see...uh...

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.) We have done well in the sharing of responsibilities, for the most part. Especially since I am Ep'ing, he can feed while I pump. It works. I tend to be the one who gets up if LO wakes up but I am ok with that most of the time. If I don't want to get up I will usually just shake him and he gets up with her. No big deal. We aren't really the "date night" kind of people. We hang out though and LO is there because I am not ready to have a "baby sitter" outside of work hours yet. 

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: All of them? This summer has been LO's whole life pretty much so, yea...

BABY:

LO is _21_ weeks old!

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc): She has *finally* figured out that tummy time isn't going to kill her. She actually almost enjoys it now. She is rolling (non-intentional) more often, tummy to back. She is growling, laughing hysterically, smiling, talking and generally being awesome. 

Baby really loved: She loves "standing" and tries to sit up any time she is put in a container.

Baby absolutely hated: LO is a happy baby all around. The only time she fusses these days is when she is hungry or tired now that she likes tummy time.

Stats (weight/height gained): 12 1/2 lbs (6lbs at birth)
  • Options

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Nothing much to add for this one. Still taking BCP religiously. DH is considering getting nipped instead of me getting the tubal ligation...so, yeah. I'm not working out. I have zero motivation to do so. I don't know what will inspire me to get back into the swing of things again...

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: Got my hair done earlier this month. Had date night on Saturday with DH (shopping and dinner)...that's about it.

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.): First six weeks were rocky; lots of arguing Some improvements from week 7- 9. By the time my maternity leave was up, we were fine. We spend time together via FaceTime when he's at work and spend alone time together on his off days after LO is down for the day. DH has been great with doing household duties when he has a day off. Cleans the house top to bottom, pays bills, goes grocery shopping, etc. I'm really happy with where we are now. I feel like we have settled into our new normal.

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: LO meeting his great-grandfather for the first time. We spent time on the front porch in rocking chairs laughing and talking. LO was amazed by all the whatnots inside the house and woodsy scenery around him. The weather was perfect that day too; not too hot.

BABY:

LO is 21 weeks old!

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc): rolling from front to back, pulling off his bib, putting his paci in his mouth (and taking it out), mastering tummy time, sitting up with my assistance.

Baby really loved: Sitting up/standing up; being at his Nanny's house (DH's mom); his custom Pandora station that I made for him for car rides and play time; eating sweet peas. 

Baby absolutely hated: Long car rides (for him, anything over 30 minutes)

Stats (weight/height gained): Unsure on stats; has another appointment in next few days. Will update at that time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc):  I've put on weight and be very stressed. I've been on zoloft but been doing better. Slightly worried since my period hasn't showed but we'll wait and see

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: um work?

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.) We've been a bit tense since we were moving but other wise we'redoing good

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: all of it. I can't pinpoint anything in particular. But just seeing him smile when I come home

BABY:

LO is 20 weeks old!

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc): he's rolling, and chewing in his toes and talking a lot. I believe he is teething but I'm not sure

Baby really loved: his fingers and mashed sweet potatoes

Baby absolutely hated: there's not much that he hates. But shot are definitely a no-go

Stats (weight/height gained): he is at 12lbs 15oz and 25.5 inches tall. He has gained two pounds and two inches since his last check up
  • Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): 
    Birth control - Began the pill again, but also tracking possible ovulation just in case, since I got pregnant on the pill last time (I'm on epilepsy meds that interfere with efficacy). 

Weight loss/gain - Started crossfit back up 2 weeks ago. My little guy has made tons of friends there while hanging out in his stroller, and I am feeling so weak after a year of ZERO working out! So far no weight loss at all, but some improvements in endurance and generally feeling a little less sluggish.

Mental health - I was on Lexapro many years ago for a generalized anxiety disorder. It worked out well for me, but I'm trying to avoid medication now. I've been feeling additional pressure from running my own company. Now that it's us, and a baby, I feel like... wow, if I lose any clients, I'm impacting my ability to feed/clothe/provide for him. But conducting client meetings is difficult while working around the schedule of an infant. It's also been getting harder as he's been getting more vocal. Hubs and I go back and forth about whether we need to bring in a babysitter for a few hours a day so I can have "peace and quiet time" to work; I ask him if he can do his job to his full potential while Mason is hanging all over him, grabbing at his hair, asking to be fed, babbling in the background, etc. He tells me "just leave him in the crib for a while" and we debate on that, because exactly how long does he think that works for? My little one comes first. He can fuss in his crib for a little bit, but I am not going to leave my child unstimulated like a lump on a log, for my entire work day.

Anyway, this is turning into a rant! Needless to say, that's the mental health bit. Deciding work/home balance is tough. Hubs provides relief when he can, but he doesn't understand that watching the baby for 5 hours today isn't a long-term solution and doesn't help me out tomorrow, when he's back to work. 

Crossfit is pretty much it. Given up on getting nails done, since the little one eats my hands any chance he gets. Oh, and I went to a dermatologist. 

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.)
    We have a weekly date night, every Monday without fail. Usually we take the baby with us, he's very happy when he's out and just babbles at whoever is nearby. We try to stay close to the house just in case of baby breakdown. The lion's share falls mostly on me, my husband works very long hours. When he's home, he's always asked "is there anything you need me to do?" before going about his own business, which is nice. He's a little bit aloof though sometimes, so I often want to club him over the head and replace him with Mary Poppins ;) 

Hearing my son find his voice and start using high-pitched squeals and giggles to express pure joy, always makes me so happy. Seeing his face in the morning when he looks up and smiles. Swimming in the pool with him and seeing him figure out how to kick (though he's not going anywhere because I'm holding him). 

BABY:

LO is 20 weeks old! (I had to look that up. When do we stop tracking weeks?)

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc):
    Teething, rolling over both ways, OBSESSED with standing, flops right in half when I sit him down though, incredibly vocal and tries to copy all the sounds I make.

Baby really loved:
    Being worn facing out, where he can see people and "talk" to them. 

Baby absolutely hated: 
    His swing. It used to be our best friend for naps and now he arches his back and tries to push up out of it. 

Stats (weight/height gained)
    5 pounds 9 ounces at birth, 14 I think at last checkup. 26 inches.
  • Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): I had Mirena inserted at 8 weeks pp. I finally stopped bleeding every single day, but my periods are still irregular. Pretty annoying, but it's better than taking a pill. I'm still about 10 lbs. over my prepregnancy weight, but I am starting to fit into more of my clothing. My "fat jeans" that I bought before I came back to work are too big now so that makes me feel pretty awesome. I was working out a few days a week, but LO has been pretty needy the last few weeks so I haven't done any exercising besides going on a few walks when it's not 90*+ outside. I feel like my mental health is pretty stable.. I don't feel depressed or anything like that. I am having a HORRIBLE time with my memory though. I'm hoping it's just the hormones, but my family has a history of dementia so it's a little scary at my age. I forgot to call my dad on his birthday last weekend. I was really busy that day helping my FIL clean out my recently deceased MIL's closet, but I still feel like I should have remember to call my dad. I also forget little things.. Like that I already kissed my husband goodbye then I go back and kiss him again a few minutes later. My memory is the most frustrating issue right now. 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: I had a massage and facial with a girlfriend a few weeks ago. I still have 30 minutes left on the gift certificate so I'm going to go back for that soon. Does drinking wine or champagne almost nightly count as pampering myself? lol

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.)  Our relationship has been mostly wonderful. We've had a few little arguments but nothing terrible. He does all of the yard work, and I try to do the majority of the housework but it has been really difficult for me to keep up with the housework and take care of LO all the time. DH will stay up late a few nights a week and take care of LO if he wakes up, but the majority of the MOTN wake ups are my responsibility even though we both work full time. Sometimes it gets really frustrating, but I've been trying not to make a big deal over it since he does a lot of other stuff around the house. He does help out with LO when he isn't outside doing yard work. As far as alone time goes, we try to catch up on our TV shows for about an hour after LO goes to bed. We spent a night in a local hotel for our anniversary and had a big date night. It was really nice minus the ridiculous hangover. 

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: So many! Hearing LO laughing for the first time was amazing. Seeing him smile at me when I go get him up in the mornings just melts my heart. He has been a little delayed in his hand development so seeing him finally pick toys up and hold on to things has been incredible. Love feeling those little hands grab on to me, too. 

BABY:

LO is _20_____ weeks old! (tomorrow)

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc): He's definitely teething. So much drool and chewing on everything. He finally doesn't think that tummy time is horrible and will roll from belly to back sometimes. He can sit up with a little support. Finally reaching for toys and holding them in his hands. He giggles and talks all the time. 

Baby really loved: Standing & sitting with support. Talking and blowing raspberries. Mom. 

Baby absolutely hated: Shots

Stats (weight/height gained): He's around 15-16 lbs. He was 24 1/4 inches at his check up on August 10th so he's probably still pretty close to that. 
  • Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Guys, I wish I could work out more but lack of motivation/time limits work outs.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself:  I'm thinking about getting a pedicure..ha!  

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.)  Since DD is finally going to bed at a somewhat earlier time, we can now resume our regularly scheduled binge watching:  currently obsessed with "The Americans" and "Hard Knocks." We did go on a date night a few weeks ago and have our first night away from DD next weekend, thanks Grandma and Grandpa! 

Most memorable parenting moment this summer:  Besides DD getting all sorts of adorable, the most memorable moment would have to be when I decided to walk to Culvers (amazing custard and food for those of you not from the Midwest). Culvers is almost 2 miles from our house, but I thought, "I can do this!"  DD was in the stroller, get to Culvers , order the ice cream and while we are waiting DD has a blowout.  I didn't bring the diaper bag or anything besides the stroller #momfail.  We speed walk the 2 miles home, me eating my dripping ice cream and DD crying as she is stripped down to her diaper full of poop.  Fun times!

BABY:

LO is  5 months next week!  Where does time go?!

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc):  Only rolled over once, great head control so getting close to sitting!  We also sleep trained so she is going to bed/naps on her own!  It is a miracle.

Baby really loves: PEOPLE!  Give her all the friends and she will be happy!  

Baby absolutely hated: Bugs.  I mean, don't we all.

Stats (weight/height gained):  At her 4 month visit she was 15 lbs.  Guessing she is close to 16 lbs now. Girlfriend is a chunk
  • Options

Postpartum recovery (birth control, weight kiss/gain, mental health, etc): 
    Birth control - just pull out

Weight loss/gain - Still not at my pre-pregnancy weight. I've been very slack with this hoping that breastfeeding weight loss will kick in. I should probably forego my daily Magnum Mini bar. 

Mental health - I manage. Sometimes when LO is particularly fussy and screaming his head off, I get angry. It scares me. This only happens when SO is not with me and it's day 3 of me being alone with the baby. It's tough to have a long distance SO who is only present for half a week at a time. It's a sacrifice for both of us but we both have the bigger picture in mind. 

When LO is asleep I give myself a facial or a mini massage with some expensive French balm. I bought some lipsticks the other day. Taking five minutes out of the day to do a little grooming  makes me feel good. Magnum mini bars.

My relationship with my partner since giving birth (status of sharing responsibilities, spending alone time together, etc.)
    We are still learning how to make the baby part of our lives without losing sight of us as a couple. When LO is a little older, we'll go on a date without him. We're trying to round up friends with kids for babysitting exchanges. 

When I blow zerberts and squeeze LO's legs he squeals with delight. I love seeing my baby happy.

BABY:

LO is 22 weeks old. 

double rolls, blowing raspberries, inchworming, 
    cobra yoga pose 

Baby really loved:
    Tummy time at the park where there are lots of trees, grandparents, story time, noisy wrappers, strolls in the Ergo

Baby absolutely hated
    Sleeping in his crib, winding down for a nap, bottle feeding (he no longer wants the occasional bottle from SO), being given a pacifier at the wrong time 

Stats (weight/height gained): 
    Home scale has LO at 15lbs 10oz.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    MOMMY:

I have the Paragard IUD which Im happy with. Im not happy having periods again though.  Man it was so nice being period free during pregnancy! I have 7 pounds left to lose (I gained 55). Almost there! I was diagnosed with PPD/PPA which started after I went back to work. I tried taking zoloft but it made me super nauseous and I dont have any free time to see a counselor. But honestly Im feeling much better, except right before I start my period.  PMS is awful with PPD! 

Nothing! I bought some hair color but haventcolored my hair yet. I am buying a new car though (4 door, I finally had enough dealing to deal with the hassle of baby and a 2 door) and Im picking it up today. As soon as I reach my prepreg weight, Im buying new clothes.

We've fallen into a routine now that works okay. we only see each other on the weekends though,  its hard.

Hmm, I guess when LO started laughing,  thefirst time I went to the store by myself with LO, and when he started eating baby food. Its been fun!

BABY:

LO is __22____ weeks old!

No teeth yet, he rolls around nonstop and loves playing on his tummy. He laughs, growls, knows what "baba" means (bottle), and he is trying to crawl.

Baby really loved:
    He loves when we read books together, he loves his crinkle books. He chews on everything and loves anything that lights up or makes sound. He likes being tickled and loves when I sing nursery rhymes to him.

Baby absolutely hated: 
    He doesnt like sitting in his high chair waiting for me to fix his oatmeal. He hatea waiting for his bottle to be made (he gets so hangry). At the moment, he doesnt like me to leave his sight (which is just super fun for me *rolls eyes).

Stats (weight/height gained): 
    At his 4 month appt,  he was 16 pounds and 26.5 inches long. But that was a month ago so im sure he is bigger now!

• Options
    @Missingchampagne I had to google how many weeks LO is too. I cant keep track of it now, I just use months. 
  • Options
    loveymay said:
    @Missingchampagne I had to google how many weeks LO is too. I cant keep track of it now, I just use months. 
    Yeah after a certain point it becomes a little odd. Like "my child is 65 weeks old"... Wut?
  • Options
    MOMMY:

birth control: pull out

weight loss/gain: I'm back down to my prepregnancy weight, but I'm trying to lose another 20 over the course of the next year

mental health: for the first time in my life I'm not suffering from depression, which is incredible. I think the extra testosterone that baby boys leave in their mother's brains helped with that. So thanks kid lol

I've been running once a week this month. I also got my hair cut for the first time since February, and a massage on my birthday.

SO is home with LO when I work on Tuesday nights. Since he works six days a week, 9+ hour days, I'm the primary caregiver and house cleaner. I rarely have issues with him taking a turn with the baby when we're both home though. He loves being a dad. (Also, house is not clean. But it's not horrible so it's ok)

Most memorable parenting moment this summer: my baby is sitting! And he says "hi"

BABY:

LO is 23 weeks old! (The bump app still displays it)

Milestones (teething, rolling over, sitting up, etc): sitting up, saying hi, I think he's teething but I don't know. He is starting separation anxiety early though, because he's crying when I walk out of the room.

Baby really loved: Me! Lol and Sophie giraffe

Baby absolutely hated: avocados and bananas (we decided to delay solids after a couple bad experiences already)

Stats (weight/height gained): birth: 8lbs8oz, 19inches five months: 15lbs9oz, 26inches