April 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/29

2»

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/29

• So, last Friday DH decided to tell his mom that I was pregnant. I was a little hesitant about this because, although I love the woman, she has a BIG mouth. I told her that I wasn't planning on telling people for a couple more weeks because of PGAL brain. Sure enough, we take her out for dinner tonight and she proudly claims, "Now everyone knows the news!" Seriously?! Really?! Ugh.......

You deserve to be able to throat punch her. I'm angry for you. My clueless and scatterbrained MIL announced our first pregnancy on FB before we could, so I feel you. 
    My dad did that with my last pregnancy and then I suffered a MC the next day...  :s People really need to learn to keep their mouth shut...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, today was the first day back at work for me. We went on a building tour for the opening of our new classrooms and I just about fainted, in front of everyone. My close coworker said that three people came running up to her asking if I was pregnant. Why are people so nosy? Now everyone knows way before I ever wanted them to. End vent. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cookies754
    Today was our first day back too. I was exhausted by lunch from setting up my classroom.

That sucks that people are work know before you were ready to tell them, but on a positive note maybe you have some people to look out for you and help you out in the coming weeks. Good luck!
  • @chelle087 thanks for the kind words. I know it's just a small bump in the road in the grand scheme of things, but I think I'm just overly tired and hormonal. I hope you have a great year! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So, last Friday DH decided to tell his mom that I was pregnant. I was a little hesitant about this because, although I love the woman, she has a BIG mouth. I told her that I wasn't planning on telling people for a couple more weeks because of PGAL brain. Sure enough, we take her out for dinner tonight and she proudly claims, "Now everyone knows the news!" Seriously?! Really?! Ugh.......

You deserve to be able to throat punch her. I'm angry for you. My clueless and scatterbrained MIL announced our first pregnancy on FB before we could, so I feel you. 
    My dad did that with my last pregnancy and then I suffered a MC the next day...  :s People really need to learn to keep their mouth shut...
    Oh I'm so sorry, that's the worst. 

Oh I'm so sorry, that's the worst. 

Oh no! People really don't know their place. We are pretty sure everyone in the family knows now, too. DH told me he spoke with his dad yesterday whom we have told about the pregnancy after our first US. So the only people who know are our parents, my work and some close friends. WE specifically told ILs that we aren't announcing anything to the rest of Hs family until we go see them this weekend as we have a big gathering. So yesterday during convo my H tells his dad how it was hard not to tell a cousin the other day and his dad (who spoke with that same cousin just yesterday as well) just said "oohhhh" and then it was silence. So... we are positive everyone knows now. Thanks for that!

• ArchyFloresArchyFlores member
    edited September 2016
    Not great news: baby is measuring 6 days behind, heart rate is only 87, and I have two bleeds near the sac. I have another u/s next week, but it doesn't look that good.

Unless I ovulated really late and I wouldn't know if I did or not, I only know the date DH and I bumped uglies which isn't that helpful. My ob told me to hope for the best, but you guys know how the rest of that saying goes.

So I'm in limbo until next week. I need chocolate...

DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • @ArchyFlores So sorry to hear. Hope you get lots of chocolate, as well as much better news next week at your next u/s.   :/
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ArchyFlores, I'm thinking of you.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @ArchyFlores   

I'm thinking of you and hoping all turns out ok! Hugs!

• I'm so sorry you're in this stressful state of limbo, @ArchyFlores. My heart goes out to you. 
  • Thanks everyone. I'm a bit more upset about this than I thought I would be, so I'm going to take a short break over the weekend. 
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016