Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

What's making you go WTF (or WTAF) today?

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @eggplantface at least your honest about the selfishness :) also agree with your GIF. Plus Ryan Reynolds is hot.
  • @EEL0824 Watch out for the "We need to get pregnant before so-and-so" stuff! An acquaintance (used to be a friend, long story), before she was actively trying, told everyone she HAD to get pregnant before her sister-in-law so HER child would be her in-laws' favorite grandchild (because that's a thing?). But then her best-laid TTC plans went all to hell and this idea of "we HAVE to have the first grandchild" became a giant burden and added to her disappointment each cycle and of course it didn't actually happen. You do you :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @Lund the temptation to kick him was real. Also sorry to hear about your DH and BIL, I would be super annoyed too.

• @adirat he can be at times, LOL but still love him none the less. I think he is particularly dense on the entire GKU thing.
  • @MommytoM13 Nope, you are 100% right. He needs to own it. If he wants to tell people, then he has to own it!

• @adirat @LuND I totally call him out. And then go BSC every time we leave the house. He apologized and said he would be better about it. Guess that's what happens when you're raised by all women.. You learn to just keep your mouth closed to avoid confrontation *eye roll*
  • lundlund member
    @tripledaggerWed95976 that totally sucks, but made me LOL in my office. I love that movie.

WTF are they doing, exactly? Building a rhino cage or something?
  • MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited August 2016
    WTF is wrong with people and their homes.....

DH and I decided we're going to start house hunting after the first of the year.  We've started looking online at some listings on Zillow and Realtor.com.   We have a very healthy budget and we were expecting to find most of the homes in this price range to be updated and move-in ready.  I am shocked at some of these homes.  They're ugly and outdated.   This is going to be a LONG process.....WTF! 
  • @MrsFL2015 I was also always amazed at the state in which some people allow their home to be photographed! Why would you let someone take pictures of your house with laundry on the floor, or groceries on the counter, etc.? Seems so weird to me!
  • @MrsFL2015 We just bought and moved into our house after several months of an exhausting house search. Some people are just gross and
    don't give crap. Good luck! 
  • @MrsFL2015 my Dad is a Realtor & I used to help him in the office. You would not believe the types of listing appointments he went on. Or the condition of some of the homes he showed. Sometimes pictures were great & then you got there and BAM. Also, when the market was poor and people had their homes foreclosed on, they got angry. When they get angry they take all the copper piping out of their homes and sell it. It was wild. 
  • Another WTF Wednesday to myself. 
    Totally caved on testing today. 11 DPO. Used a cheap dollar store test and it was *instantly* a BFN.. Came back an hour later and there is a faint faint faint line.. My inner self wants it to be positive but my realistic self knows it's probably an Evap Line. 

• @EEL0824 DH thought that getting KU would be easy and we wouldn't need to try, basically NTNP. I had him watch The Great Sperm Race and he finally got it. 

@MommytoM13 That's annoying that he pushed you to be open about TTC but won't be open himself. I'd be like @LuND too and call him out on it because I don't take shit like that

@EmeraldNC DH was on the "it'll happen on it's own" train until he watched The Great Sperm Race. Now he asks when we have to start BD ED. He's now on board with OPKs and such because I thought I O'd on CD 14 and definitely O'd later because I had a 31 day cycle. If I had used OPKs we possibly could have known and he gets that know. Basically what @mrsdaddario said lol

My WTF Wednesday is CD1 because I feel like absolute shit and I have stuff to do but really don't want to. Also, last night I was planning on having a burger kind oreo shake for dinner (don't judge me) because I asked DH to bring one home. I had his dinner ready for him and he came home without it but I had only made dinner for him so I got stuck eating boring food from the fridge. 

Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• My WTF is that I wish TB would cooperate and let me change this generic avatar. 

If I get this error message one more time...

• @slavenski I've been known to eat a carvel ice cream log for dinner from time to time. Ain't no shame in that game. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @mommytom13 if it makes you feel better, and this is probably a FFC, I got a positive OPK last night way earlier than usual and without any of my normal fertile CM so the BSC took over and even though I know I had my period I started thinking maybe it was just bleeding and since OPK can be used as a pregnancy test in a pinch... I caved to the crazy and tested. BFN, face palm! Rational me knows it's just a false surge but BSC wanting baby me won out briefly.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 I did the exact same thing last cycle. I had a triphasic chart, light bleeding - like 2 days instead of 5, crazy sore nipples like I've never had before, and I seriously bloated so badly I looked 5 months pregnant. I even took a pic and showed a bunch of friends who know how bad my reflux can get and they did a double take. BFN of course! I won't let the BSC get to me next time.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility