January 2016 Moms

How babies make food decisions (funny)

grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
edited August 2016 in January 2016 Moms
thought you'd guys enjoy this - totally my daughter right now LOL (via @kidsaretheworst Instagram)

Re: How babies make food decisions (funny)

• Funny you posted this!! I was saying last night to my husband that she won't pick up her own food. I can feed her with a fork, other then that she plays with it. I know eventually she will pick it up. But come on! Everythinggggggg goes in her mouth but food. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cali1710 here too! I have had success with puffs this week though. I figure that's a good starting point, getting her to practice on a more rigid item that dissolves in her mouth. but anything other real food - she's like "heck no!"
  • Yes! 
    Me: 31 DH: 40
    Married 2012
    TTC #2 since July 2016
    PCOS diagnosed 2008
  • LOL so true. DS wants nothing more than to eat my phone and it's so gross! I swear he spends half the day trying to get to it.
  • @grkgdss00 I was going to try puffs but the container said 8+ months. She just turned 7 months aug 21, should I wait or do you think its ok to try now? 
  • @cali1710 we got some puff type things that say 10+ months, but after he figured out what to do with them, DS has been doing great.  We just watch him really closely while he's working on them obviously
  • grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
    edited September 2016
    @cali1710 i think it's totally fine, as long as she can sit by herself for an extended amount of time. They are fun to practice with. Just make sure you supervise her so she doesn't put a lot in her mouth, and I always give water afterwards too. We started with them around 7.5 months, same with the mum-mum crackers which she really likes.
  • grkgdss00 said:
    @cali1710 i think it's totally fine, as long as she can sit by herself for an extended amount of time. They are fun to practice with. Just make sure you supervise her so she doesn't put a lot in her mouth, and I always give water afterwards too. We started with them around 7.5 months, same with the mum-mum crackers which she really likes.
    She CAN sit up for a long time but now that shes a crawling maching and pulling herself up on eveything and anything she doesnt sit long. Obviously she will need the highchair for this! Lol. Thanks!!
  • YES! DD will try to eat my shoe, but if I give her actual food to pick up and eat, she looks at me like I'm a lunatic!
  • My son almost choked on a puff. Just be careful with them. 
  • Yes the puffs only stay fresh for like 2-3 days always check them first put one between your fingers and squeeze pinch it if it squishes down but foams back up like styrofoam then it cant be ate because it won't Dissolve and baby will choke  also same goes for any of those bag things like freeze dried yogurt puffs or the little Cheeto looking chips etc.