1st Trimester

BFP after 2 years TTC!

I wanted to share somewhere and this seemed like the right place! DH and I have been TTC for 2 years now. I have PCOS and wasn't ovulating, so I knew it would be hard for us to conceive. I took Clomid for 6 months and only ovulated twice. I have definitely been down this year and feeling like it would never happen.DH also has a low drive, so that made TTC even more challenging for us. For the most part, I had given up for a few months now.. Much to our surprise, I got a BFP on Friday after being 2 weeks late! We did 3 tests on 2 different brands and were in absolute shock! This happened 1 month after being prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. 

I have a 9 year old son from an abusive relationship when I was very young. DH is the only father he knows and he has been begging for a sibling for years. I'm very excited for him as well! I actually discovered I was pregnant with him after ending up in the hospital with a bad UTI that spread to my kidneys. Surprise, surprise I have the infection again! 

I've been waiting for #2 for a very long time and just want to have a happy, healthy pregnancy. We told our immediate family (parents and siblings) yesterday at a family gathering. It's still very surreal but I suppose once we go to our first prenatal appointment it will feel much more real! 

Re: BFP after 2 years TTC!