April 2017 Moms

Pregnancy brain... Oops did I do that...

Cook3133Cook3133 member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
So pregnancy brain already?  Have you heard of this? It's when you completely forget shit or do the stupidest thing for no reason...   I swear mine never came back after the first kid and it just keeps getting worse. I use to remember EVERYTHING! Now I can't remember yesterday. 

I'd love to hear some of your stories, past or present.
  I'll add my newest one in the comment section

Re: Pregnancy brain... Oops did I do that...

• Loading the player...
  • I constantly forget where I'm going with my stories, I'll go into the kitchen when I actually want to go to the bathroom, what is 2+2? Growing bigger and dumber every day

• I was hosting a meeting and it was going to be a long one. So I get everything ready. I got snacks for everyone organized where everyone was sitting put handouts they wanted printed at their chairs etc. it gets to my part of the meeting and I have nothing. No handouts no notes. Wtf?! I had to pause the meeting excuse myself and print out everything and then present on the fly. What a loser. They're my friends so they were nice but damn I was embarrassed. 
  • Yep. I have a checklist on my bathroom mirror: Prenatal vitamins, deodorant, brush your teeth. It's sad, really. Necessary, though, as I left the other day and completely forgot to brush my teeth or put on deodorant. 

Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • Yep. I have a checklist on my bathroom mirror: Prenatal vitamins, deodorant, brush your teeth. It's sad, really. Necessary, though, as I left the other day and completely forgot to brush my teeth or put on deodorant. 

I constantly forget deodorant, it's so bad I had to go buy extra to keep in the car!
  • @herewegrow - So glad I'm not the only one! 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • I keep putting refrigerated things in the pantry...milk, cheese, my leftover overnight oats from breakfast this morning...
  • I can't remember anything....for instance, I went to the store after work yesterday and forgot about 3/4 of what I was supposed to be picking up...and I even had the list on my phone. 
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • @shaunessa I MISS HEB!! I grew up in San Antonio, so it was really hard to adjust to not having them here in North Texas. Central Markets are not the same. :(
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @shaunessa @Magheeta Re: missing HEB........

Best. Grocery. Store. Ever.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • This summer my DD has been at school Tue/Thurs for "camp" and with my MIL Mon/Wed. DH does drop off, I do pick up. Last Monday, I stroll into her school, go straight to her classroom only to stop in horror and realize. . . It is Monday, she doesn't come to school on Mondays, she is across town at my MILs house. I felt like such an idiot and waved like a doofus to her teachers, saying oops, see you tomorrow! Thankfully, next week she goes back to 5 days a week so I can't make that mistake again! 
  • @ea112808

Haha, i've done this before too!
  • I had a post-conference for my evaluation this morning.  Completely forgot about it and wasn't even at school while she was waiting for me (even though I had set up my stuff for it before leaving yesterday).  And I double booked myself twice today!  I'm not usually like that at all. 

This did not happen to me with my first!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Worst part about mine is we aren't telling anyone for a couple months that were pregnant so I can't even explain why I'm so dumb right now! :neutral:
  • I work for a pastor and a couple called to schedule marital counseling and before I could call them back I LOST their phone number. Fortunately they called again five days later but I felt so horrible. It was my fault they weren't getting the help they needed. I also keep putting stuff in the fridge I'm not supposed to. 
  • I had been reading all of these stories and thinking to myself, I have nothing to share...until today. I packed yogurt and cereal for DS for breakfast at daycare in little bowls. I also packed peanut butter for my apple at lunch in a little bowl. Somehow the yogurt and peanut butter switched and I sent my son peanut butter in a bowl for breakfast. I didn't realize until I went to eat my lunch. I am sure that his daycare thinks I am nuts! Although, I might have enjoyed peanut butter and cereal for breakfast. Lol.
  • DH found a dirty shirt and a pair socks of mine in the pantry the other day. Must have put those there when I was cleaning but I totally don't remember doing it, haha. He gave me a wtf look.
  • Got in my car this morning and couldn't figure out why I couldn't put it into reverse.  It's because it wasn't started...not only that, I didn't even have the keys with me, I forgot them and my wallet inside.  
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • I'm very forgetful this time around.  I almost forgot I was babysitting 2 girls yesterday that I was supposed to get from school.  Thankfully I was there to get my son and they saw me.  When I got home my oldest SS (who's 18) said "you sure have been forgetting a lot lately". We haven't told him were pregnant... Again...