May 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread! Week of 8/31

Figured I'd go ahead and get this party started. Let's discuss any and all symptoms we are feeling! 

Re: Symptoms Thread! Week of 8/31

• Nausea, vomiting, can't stand strong smells. Even opening the fridge grosses me out at this point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • EXHAUSTED. It's a cruel twist of fate to make a person so tired and simultaneously tell you to limit caffeine. Is anyone else struggling with this? With my last pregnancy, I limited coffee in the first trimester, but went back to my normal large iced in the morning every day for the 2nd and 3rd trimester. This time seems much worse and it's only week 5! YIKES. Also, feeling little uneasy stomach, but mostly just want to sleep for 1,000,000 years. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also exhausted. I feel like I'm in a fog all day long. All of my other pregnancies I've had extreme hyperemesis so I'm waiting for that to kick in. 6 weeks is usually when that happens for me. But so far I just get really queasy if I don't eat something every couple of hours. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lots of exhaustion here too! I have waves of nausea if I don't keep up on my snacks. I sip Gingerale in the morning which helps.. I put it in my coffee cup so I can pretend it's coffee! Sad, I know. I also have insomnia! Ever since my BFP, nights have been spent tossing and turning all night long. 

• 0 symptoms today.
  • I just caved and bought Sea Bands to help relieve the nausea. Also taking Unisom and B6, but that just increases the exhaustion. And having a 3 year old is no fun when you feel so awful :/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nothing much... A little nauseous if I don't eat but that's it right now. 
  • Mild cramping every now and then, which makes me nervous but hopefully it's OK. I'm still only 12DPO, so I don't expect to feel much yet. With DD, it wasn't until around 6-7 weeks that the nausea came for me. Hoping to be spared this time! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Fatigue and mild nausea.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @kipperoo I feel ya with the caffeine!  Most women I know who are, or have been, pregnant completely cut out the caffeine.  My OB said that it's fine and a little even can be beneficial.  I am thinking I will do half reg and half decaf for the time being.  
  • @march2008 - I had serious cramping with DD. It very much felt like menstrual cramps for several weeks and still had a successful pregnancy. I wouldn't worry too much unless there's bleeding. 

I've had pretty mild queasiness from the get go but it hasn't intensified yet. Lots of cramping and back pain but I think those might be partly from the progesterone suppositories. Lots of shortness of breath when I workout, although my energy levels are still good. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Cramps, extreme fatigue, bloat bloat and more bloat!! Today super super emotional, and of course the sore breasts.
  • @Redpuma119, oh I definitely have NOT given up all caffeine. I'm pretty sure I would lose my job due to unproductivity if I did...I think I just have a wee bit of a caffeine addiction...
  • avas_dreamavas_dream member
    edited August 2016
    No symptoms except the sore boobs. I had nausea for one day but has not come back. I'm not sure if I'm complaining or freaking out. I am happy I can manage a work day without any symptoms making it hard but then I still secretly want the pregnancy symptoms so that I know my hormones are growing. I have a Drs appt to test HSG tomorrow which is also driving me insane. 
  • @cmillar36 I'm with you on 0 symptoms today. Of course this doesn't bode well with PGAL. I just keep reminding myself that it's normal to have good days and I should enjoy this day while it lasts.

Prior to today I've had nausea/vomiting, breast tenderness, cramps, gas and moodiness. So cranky lol
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• I am maaaayyybbbeee a little more tired but I could be reading into it.  PGAL brain wants all the symptoms though.  I did notice today as I put moisturizer on that it has a horrible scent that I've never noticed!! ;)

@kiperoo "clink"  (cheers with our coffee mugs)
  • Pure exhaustion (@Kipperoo I feel ya on the caffeine situation) & sore boobs.
  • I've had a gross feeling in my stomach kinda like the feeling I have when I'm on my period. It's freaking me out. I'm also really tired and have sore breasts but that's about it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Been really tired, some what nauseous with smells and craving salty things like onion rings lol, been dealing with some stupid stuff with our bank so that been making me extra stressed and my pregnancy hormones have not helped they have been going every which way from anger to annoyance to crying ugh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Warning: Loss mentioned

PGAL brain has taken over for me and now I'm worried. I was having mild nausea, back pain, and cramping and all of those have mostly gone away. I've had 0 nausea or cramping today and very little back pain. I have had shortness of breath and that is the one symptom I'm holding onto but I'm worried. Last time my symptoms disappeared I had a MMC/blighted ovum and now I'm worried. I want to wait until after the holiday to see my doctor since that will put me at 6 weeks and there should be a heartbeat by then. I'm really crossing everything that this means nothing but I haven't really felt pregnant today. :disappointed:
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• No symptoms here except the sore boobs, as well. I kind of have this tightness in my belly - not like nausea or anything - maybe like a mild indigestion? Then again, that could be legit indigestion and nothing to do with the pregnancy :)  

• The only thing that's hit me so far is my super human sense of smell.  4 weeks today so it's still really early.  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• So far just super sore breast! :smile: with my last pregnancy at this time i was already really nauseous! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• I've had a little mild nausea but none the last several days, the super sore and huge boobs everyone is mentioning, really tired (but could also be lack of caffeine) and bloated like craaaaazy! I'm with some of you who would be happy with more nausea for some reassurance! 
  • Yesterday I started developing awful indigestion with every meal. I guess it's time for me to start eating a bunch of small meals/snacks to deal with that. I didn't get indigestion last time until second tri after the horrible m/s subsided. Just goes to show how every pregnancy really is different.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • Nausea and cramping lots of gas!
  • Ditto to extreme fatigue, sore breasts and bloating. My ankles have been so swollen this week I can hardly wear shoes. Even hurts to walk a bit. 

No nausea yet!
  • @Yiggle09 I forgot about the gas. I made a blanket apology to H the other day because I cannot control it, especially at night.
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • @vrj0522 I totally get you with the PGAL brain. Are you able to call and have betas draw before you have the ultrasound? I also had a MMC (although not blighted ovum), so I get the on edge type feeling. I have had some good days, I just keep reminding myself that it's not a bad thing to have a good day. Hang in there! I hope that your symptoms do come back so that you can have some peace of mind. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @Kipperoo
    First pregnancy I went cold turkey on coffee while ttc. This one... Sort of snuck in when we weren't expecting it so I'm going down to 1 cup a day and I don't feel bad. Well, maybe a little but I've got a toddler and a job and I NEED coffee. 
  • BriannaH333 , YES...no way could I cut my coffee completely with a toddler and a job! With my first, I cut back to 1/day...I'm trying that again but finding it hard...my life now requires more caffeine than my life pre-baby #1. :-) 

• Not too much yet except lots of twinges and light dull cramps that come and go. I've been having some tingling shooting pains in my bb's but they aren't really sore. I didn't get nausea until about 6 weeks before with my son so that may kick in in a couple weeks. I'm surprised I'm not feeling more bloated yet but I know every pregnancy is different!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey STMs anyone who had sore breast the first preg and not this time? I used to get sore breasts before my period before baby 1 but since stopping bf in april no longer get the sore breasts prior to period but I thought with a pregnancy I would feel it again? Just wondering
  • I just noticed the bloat today. My lower abdomen feels heavy, like I have a weight in it. And the stuffy nose is killing me! I really really miss my decongestant. And ibuprofen.
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • @Yiggle09 no sore breasts here yet... I'm still bf'ing
  • @Yiggle09 With my first two kids, the very first symptom I had was sore and heavy breasts. This pregnancy I don't notice any soreness or any changes at all to them so far. 

• Nothing yet, I actually have a sinus infection right now so that could be masking stuff. My PGAL brain is also wanting some symptoms... Then my normal brain is kind of cheering yippee with the no bad symptoms and wants to keep it that way. haha 
  • Any advice for bloating?? This is my second I'm 5 weeks super bloated I look huge already, I know baby is the size of a seed this bloating is crazy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic