June 2016 Moms
Options

mom guilt ...Scary spider story

JuneBaby1984JuneBaby1984 member
edited August 2016 in June 2016 Moms
Ewwwww I felt a tickle on my neck when k was holding the baby at my parents house..asked my sister of she saw anything on Me and she said no...well that's because a huge hairy spider climbed onto the baby! I freaked and literally almost threw him to my mom..I don't know if I was holding him safely..it happened so fast. I feel so bad I didn't even try to get the gross thing off him..I just wanted it far away from me. Please share stories to make me better haha. Major mom guilt over here.

Re: mom guilt ...Scary spider story

• Options
    Oh noooo! Well my DH made a good point to make you feel better.  spider is on baby and if you fear spiders your body will go into fight or flight.  Well, you're not gonna fight your baby so instincts will say get away from baby.  Lol.  As for fellow mom guilt, I clipped Preston's fingertip a few days ago and DH actually forgot to clip him in his car seat when we left the park after a walk and I felt guilty for not checking he was safe in the mirror before I drove home.
  • Options
    Mom guilt....sooo I made a habit of putting Damien in his Boppy Lounger on the toilet lid in the bathroom so I could keep an eye on him while I got ready. I didn't account for the fact that he recently went through a growth spurt and that would throw off the balance when in the lounger. It was never a good idea to put him there in the first place to be honest, I wasn't thinking. Well, I turned away for a split second and BAM, both slid right off and onto the hard tile floor. He cried instantly, which apparently is a good thing according to the doctor that saw him at the ER. I, of course, calmly (but quickly) picked him up and craddled him for comfort as I looked him over. He stopped crying after a minute or two and I didn't see any visible signs that he hurt his face or head. Still, you better believe we went immediately to the hospital. I wasn't taking any chances, even though the fall wasn't from a big height. He was fine but I definitely felt guilty.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mom guilt....sooo I made a habit of putting Damien in his Boppy Lounger on the toilet lid in the bathroom so I could keep an eye on him while I got ready. I didn't account for the fact that he recently went through a growth spurt and that would throw off the balance when in the lounger. It was never a good idea to put him there in the first place to be honest, I wasn't thinking. Well, I turned away for a split second and BAM, both slid right off and onto the hard tile floor. He cried instantly, which apparently is a good thing according to the doctor that saw him at the ER. I, of course, calmly (but quickly) picked him up and craddled him for comfort as I looked him over. He stopped crying after a minute or two and I didn't see any visible signs that he hurt his face or head. Still, you better believe we went immediately to the hospital. I wasn't taking any chances, even though the fall wasn't from a big height. He was fine but I definitely felt guilty.
    Oh no!  Glad he's okay!  
  • Options
    @vintagevix2016 so proud of you for taking him in! Many parents/caregivers would have avoided taking a baby or child in to be seen because they would have to "admit" they had done something not entirely safe. But ALL of us do something and don't think about it until after the fact. Or our babies surprise us with new found capabilities that they didn't have 5 minutes ago! It's always better to be safe than sorry and take them in to get checked out. Glad he is ok and glad you followed your instincts and didn't just assume he was ok because he wasn't fussing. My 3 1/2 year old nephew recently broke his wrist. None of us even knew because the night he did it, outside if being a temperamental 3 year old, he was fine. And the next morning he was fine and playing. He just wouldn't use that arm at all. His mom took it to get checked thinking maybe it was sprained but it was broken in two places. He never cried and he just kept on with his normal play! Babies are super resilient and often won't give us clues if something is wrong, so always better to check it out.

@JuneBaby1984 no judgement. I hate spiders. My instinct would have been the same. For sanity sake, just blame your sister.
  • Options
    He has a hard rattle ball. It was the most mesmerizing thing ever--until I dropped it on his face.
  • Options
    We put our LO in her pack and play which is in front of the back door and she was kicking as normal then let out an awful scream so we ran to her couldn't see anything wrong thought maybe she just got upset. Then I was putting lotion on her later and realized she got bit by a spider on her back. It made me cry I felt like such a shitty mom!