November 2016 Moms
Options

Diapers?

I'm having a rough time trying to decide on what brand of diapers would be the best to use. What brands do y'all use?

Re: Diapers?

• Options
    I stockpile diapers, so whatever is on sale. My son never had an issue with any brand. Pampers Swaddlers are kind of the "gold standard", but I actually don't like them as much as some of the other brands. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a Huggies person if I go for Pampers or Huggies but whatever is cheapest seems to work fine for me.
    Daughter #1 - Feb 2012
    Daughter #2 - Oct 2014
    Daughter #3 - Nov 2016
    Baby #4 - Sept 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a few packs of NB and size 1 Seventh Generation diapers H bought on sale on woot. Otherwise we will use any we are gifted and then plan to do Pampers Swaddlers or whatever works best. Would consider bulk store brands (Sams or Costco) but I would want to be able to try them first before buying a ton 
  • Options
    I also use Pampers Swaddlers. Mostly because that's whatbthe hospital used and when we tried the Huggies we had DD broke out in a wicked rash. To that end we also had to use sensitive wipes (Pampers) for the rash reasons as well. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • Options
    We used pampers swaddler's when we were not using cloth. Also used dry wipes with water instead of regular wipes because we felt it was better for DD's skin when very young.
  • Options
    Pampers swaddlers for the first month or so buggies smell like urine to me. But after that Target, Walmart or Costco brand it's been a few years not sure which one we will end up liking better.  
  • Options
    We used so many kinds of diapers!

Pampers Swaddlers in the beginning, but mostly because they came in Preemie size. I didn't like them for bigger babies (they seem to be the baggiest in the crotch even when minimally wet)

Huggies or Kirkland were our favorite, with the Huggies from Costco being just slightly better for our girl. I may be crazy but I feel like the Huggies were slightly larger than the Kirkland, which are essentially just Huggies with a different pattern. 

I liked the Costco Huggies better than the ones on Amazon, but only because they are the nicer Huggies than what I bought on Subscribe and Save and the more economical Huggies were usually what I found on the best deal on Amazon. Both kinds of Huggies still worked best for us though. 

We we liked Honest, but they are expensive.

We also liked Seventh Generation but they are also expensive. 

My dad had a pack of Luv's at his house for is when DD and I visited once and they are surprisingly great! They are very thin, but quite absorbent, but they smell a little funny (I'm an odd duck...)

A lot of people love the Target brand, but I didn't really ever like them. If I was buying at Target and looking for cheap, I'd use Luv's over Up and Up. 

The only kind of diaper I really didn't like was an all natural one, but I can't remember the brand. Nature's something? It's a yellow package with a round logo (I did like other products by that company, just not the diapers). I bought them at BRU and they were not absorbent at all. 

I'm also a die-hard Huggies wipe mama, when my friend group seems to be split 50/50 between Huggies and Kirkland. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We use cloth diapers during the day but switched to disposables overnight once DS started having leak and rash issues. We've used Up&Up, Huggies, and Kirkland ones and they're all fine. I don't like the Pampers scent but I must be in the minority since I've heard a lot of people love it.
  • Options
    We've tried Pampers, Huggies, Honest, and Target diapers and Pampers are by far my favorite. They fit my DS best and are very absorbent, they also seem like they are the most comfortable-feeling on him. I like the Honest prints and they are absorbent, but I think they feel kind of stiff and papery compared to Pampers. I absolutely hate the Target diapers and will never buy them again. I've tried them several times and want to like them because they're so cheap, but they get so heavy with pee after only a very short time and are practically dragging on the ground after DS pees in them once. They don't fit well and feel really paper-like and rough. Blah.
  • Options
    We will be using Up&Up by target, same with wipes. We have like 2 boxes... We'll see how they do for her since they seem to work perfectly for my pee monster son (3yrs). I'd suggest trying out the pocket friendly ones first, every baby has some type of reaction to some brands.. Or the diaper won't hold for a particular baby.
  • Options
    Stockpiling diapers was a huge mistake for us. Huggies, Kirkland, and Target didn't fit her right. She had constant blow-outs. Someone told us it was because we needed to buy a size up, so we did, and that didn't solve the problem. Luvs STINK. Seriously, the perfume smell is so strong. Pampers Swaddlers worked best for us by far. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 08/11/2012, DD#1 born 04/18/2013
    BFP 01/01/2015, EDD 09/07/2015, CP
    BFP 10/09/2015, EDD 06/01/2016, MC @ 7 weeks
    BFP 03/12/2016, DD#2 born 11/15/2016
    BFP 01/28/2019, EDD 09/29/2019
  • Options
    We used Huggies and Pampers. When we used the generic store brands we had issues with wetness leaking though. With wipes we used the Costco brand because they worked well as well as Huggies and Pampers wipes but with a fraction of the cost. The cheap wipes always tore easily and didn't seem to do a great job.
  • Options
    Huggies or Kirkland.
  • Options
    Honest Co here. I've already stockpiled a bunch: 9pks of NB, 7pks of size1, 6pks of size2... should be a good start. 

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    We used pampers, luvs, and huggies wipes. Pampers wipes didn't work for us and huggies diapers didn't work. It all depends on your baby so, keep your receipts if you wanna stock up.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It definitely depends on your baby. Pampers fit our son better than Huggies (he just leaked through those). I don't think it's anything against Huggies, but more to do with his particular body shape. Honest diapers also fit him really well, but they are a bit more pricey. Luvs worked well too. 
  • Options
    I usually go with Luvs, best value without going with cheap store diapers, even better when you get them through Amazon.
  • Options
    fiscally3fiscally3 member
    edited August 2016
    Pampers or Target work best for us.  Huggies DS2 leaked out of all the time, and DS3 got rashes from.  Luvs hang funny of my kids the second they're soiled (like create a gap that I am worried stuff will fall out of.)  DS3 also did well with seventh generation, but I hate the price and that they dye the diapers to look more natural.  Hands down favorite wipes are the Amazon elements, I wish they'd come out with a diaper.

Honestly I won't stock pile too much, a lot of it depends on the shape of your kid.  And we've never had a kid that fit into newborn diapers, and they grow out at different rates (DS1 wore size 3 for over a year, DS2 was only in them for 6 months or so, right now all three of mine can wear size 5 despite different weight/height/age).  
  • Options
    @kvruns costco has a money back guarantee on their diapers.  If you buy them and they don't work you can return them, even with the box open.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
  • Options
    We have not bought any diapers (actually nothing for baby) yet. My friend told me to add diapers into my registry. I added one pack of NB and 1 pack of Size1 from pampers. Which sizes and how many would you add to the registry? Or if you are already buying diapers how many do you buy before baby arrives?
  • Options
    ZoeFer said:
    We have not bought any diapers (actually nothing for baby) yet. My friend told me to add diapers into my registry. I added one pack of NB and 1 pack of Size1 from pampers. Which sizes and how many would you add to the registry? Or if you are already buying diapers how many do you buy before baby arrives?
    We added a pack each of sizes 1, 2 and 3 pampers Swaddlers bc it is a type we would like to try so I thought maybe if someone was going to get diapers they would get that brand or bigger sizes than NB. Not sure if it will work lol
  • Options
    ZoeFer said:
    I stocked up on diapers for DS and have done the same with this baby. I did a lot of research on stockpiling, sale prices, etc. 
    Currently, I have met my goals for the first few sizes:
    NB - 4 packs
    Size 1 - 1136
    Size 2 - 898
    Size 3 - goal is 1500 and I have at least 1/2 that, but haven't counted them yet. 
    Size 4 - a few packs left over from DS
    Pregnancy Ticker