September 2016 Moms

Monday Bitch Fest!!! 8/29

I need this now, maybe you do too.

Re: Monday Bitch Fest!!! 8/29

• Yes!

My bitch today is our rental car. They gave us a Ford Focus (while they repair our jeep patriot) and nothing fits in this tiny little car. They are supposed to give us a car similar to what we are driving, but clearly this isn't the case. My nose is almost touching the windshield because DS's car seat is behind me. The trunk barely has room for our hospital bags, forget about a stroller or groceries - and whoever rented it before us smoked in it and it reeks.

On top of this we only got it with a half tank of gas. The gauge showed a full tank and the calculator said we had 250 miles left, so we figured it just had a small tank. Nope, turns out "full" is the gauge going way past the full sign and has 500+ miles. So we just gave the rental company a half a tank for free.

Waiting for insurance to call back to see if we can exchange it. First world problem, I know, I'm just so over having car issues!
  • jhems776jhems776 member
    edited August 2016
    Short Version: I have PUPPP with Heat Rash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Version:  I've had itchy bumps for two weeks and have an scheduled appt this Weds, from Dr. Google the only thing  an actual doc could do was steroids so I just used ant-itch creams.  Then Thursday the bumps when bat shit crazy spreading to at least 50% of my body and somehow become even more itchy. Broke down yesterday and went to urgent care.  The NP or PA there called my OB and they said they wanted me to go to the hospital for blood work to rule out infection and to check on baby.  I doubt the need but got H and packed a small just in case bag.  The hospital I go to has a ob triage/er part in their new nice wing.  I went there and they said no I need to go the regular ER.  Well ERs suck and I am not happy.  We go, there they only do a fetal heart rate and no blood work because they think it is unnecessary.  They call my OB  and she agrees (like WTF am I doing here then).  After a visual inspection they say they believe I had PUPPP first and then developed a heat rash on top of it. I am now on oral steroids and generic Zyrtec.  Have only been on it for a day but it is helping at least.  
  • Loading the player...
  • The electric company is turning our power off today for preventative maintenance. Current temp says 82, feels like 87 and so humid. The letter said the outage could last from 9 am - 5 pm. Couldn't they do this in the spring or fall????
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Shiva14 said:
    Yes!

My bitch today is our rental car. They gave us a Ford Focus (while they repair our jeep patriot) and nothing fits in this tiny little car. They are supposed to give us a car similar to what we are driving, but clearly this isn't the case. My nose is almost touching the windshield because DS's car seat is behind me. The trunk barely has room for our hospital bags, forget about a stroller or groceries - and whoever rented it before us smoked in it and it reeks.

On top of this we only got it with a half tank of gas. The gauge showed a full tank and the calculator said we had 250 miles left, so we figured it just had a small tank. Nope, turns out "full" is the gauge going way past the full sign and has 500+ miles. So we just gave the rental company a half a tank for free.

Waiting for insurance to call back to see if we can exchange it. First world problem, I know, I'm just so over having car issues!

Having been in more than my fair share of accidents recently, go directly to the car rental company and demand a comparable car. Much easier and quicker than waiting on your insurance company to figure it out. Let the car rental company deal with the insurance company. They will.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to a picnic this weekend to see a friend from out of town. One of her boyfriend's hippie friends came, she's a mom of 3. She gave me a mini lecture when I let DD eat a mini cupcake with sprinkles that someone offered her, because "artificial colors can cause hyperactivity in kids." Srsly? I choose giving my kid 12 sprinkles over raising them in a commune and dumpster diving for reclaimed food, hippie mom. Yikes. Maybe more of a TW post! 

@jhems776 glad the steroids are helping!! Sorry the ER / care situation was such a PITA though, ugh. 

@Shiva14 gross, second hand smoke. Make a stink! I can't imagine insurance would have an issue with an exchange for that. lame that it's a pain to deal with, how long will it take them to fix your car?
  • @abberson - that would have driven me crazy.. but I also would have been laughing on the inside because a few sprinkles is nothing compared to some of the artificial junk my little man has eaten. Whatever, not her child not her say.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @LizC216 Oh HELLZ no!  Did they give you advanced warning they were planning to shut down?  Or is that something you just woke up to discover?  I'd be LIVID!

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• I got 3 hours of sleep last night because my next door neighbour went out of town and left his dog, who howls like the Hound of Baskerville, and did so from 1 am to about 4 30 am. Now I'm up at 7 am and I have to drink a litre of water before my US... it's too early for this shit.....
  • @Flowr4246 We got a letter in the mail on Thursday. The only plus side is at least I didn't do my normal grocery run yesterday so I don't have a fridge full of new food. I'd normally take the girls to my parent's house, but they are going to be part of this outage, too. So far we still have power. I'm really hoping that it'll be quick and not hours long. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Why is it that my body waits until it's time to go to sleep to be restless!?  I tossed and turned until about 1130 last night and finally just went to the couch to try and get comfortable.  Let's just say I'm running on about 3 good hours of sleep and I'm so grouchy this morning.  I'm sore, tired and over it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • yellowrose314yellowrose314 member
    edited August 2016
    . delete because I totally posted on the wrong thread... Freaking Mondays...
  • @CRich15 me too!  I can be droopy eyed and lie down at 8 pm or wait till midnight and somehow as soon as I'm settling in my brain turns on or baby starts kicking like crazy and bam... No rest for hours. 
  • Oh I forgot the joy of picking my son up from school when it's raining. I swear people forget everything as soon as raindrops start hitting the windshield. Then you have those special people who cut around the line because they just can't wait like everyone else. I definitely saw at least 5 people go around and then cut back in line. It makes me want their cars breakdown or something karmic so they realize they aren't so special. 

Oh oh and sleep is ridiculous. I actually feel asleep at 11 last night but then my bladder woke me up at midnight and I was then up till 4:30. I'm just so tired! 

@LizC216 that's crazy that they're turning power off for that long during summer. Hopefully they overestimated the time and it won't be as bad! 

@Shiva14 I would definitely take that rental back and demand a better one! I can't stand cigarette smoke and especially can't imagine it while pregnant. 
  • ashtasht member
    Why do docs push narcotics? Discharged today and got asked several times if I was sure I didn't want a narcotic as did I during my stay. No thank you typical has been just fine.  Now let me tell you if it would fix nipple pain, sure!
  • @abberson I hope your kid had more than one cupcake. What a TW!

Thanks all, unfortunately the insurance called to say our car is totalled after all. Thats what I get for bitching about the rental. We are waiting to see how long they'll cover a rental for before exchanging this one. The current plan is to buy a new (to us) car in November since I have some stock vesting to avoid having a payment. Not thrilled about having only one car for 2 months but at least we get to go car shopping?
  • PISSED! Someone in the office stole my giant baby bottle coin bank. It was full of chocolate and I put a note on it in the break room for everyone to take some candy and someone took the whole damn bottle. I wanted the bottle back! How rude!
  • @Thscary Oh hell no! I would be working my way through that office trying to find who took it. Not cool. You don't steal a pregnant lady's chocolate, even if it was for sharing. 
  • Best case scenario @Thscary they took it to refill it with more chocolate, money or other little goodies?! One could hope. Honestly, I'd be pretty annoyed too. Argh!
  • I feel bad about my bitch since I should just be grateful that we have reached the end of this pregnancy with great health. But anyway, there is no chance of vbac and I will never get to experience spontaneous labor. We are done with having babies and I am scheduled to be in L&D at 5:30 am tomorrow. So unless these contractions start getting it together tonight it's not happening. More bummed than bitchy.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • @CoffeeBeanFiend91 I'd be bummed too if I was hoping for a VBAC. Hope all goes well for you in the morning!
  • The insomnia will be the death of me. I get home from work and don't want to talk to anyone. My kids were being good and I still couldnt shake my bad mood. 
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • We were supposed to close on our house last Wednesday, but our lender is stalling because, according to our broker, "it's the end of a crazy busy month that is slowing them down a bit". Wtf. We don't even have a clear to close, but the lenders are asking for documents one-by-one that you normally provide during or after you have your clear to close. Clearly, they have no intention of getting this done before Labor Day.

• Wow @bunnymay how frustrating!! When is your due date again? Do they not realize you are super pregnant?
  • @bunnymay so frustrating!!! We closed in the end of July and dealt with a little bit of that stuff. I am SO sorry you are going through that right now, what horrible timing on their part. I hope they get their crap together so that you guys can close before baby comes!! 
  • @bunnymay that is ridiculous. Sorry you have to deal with their idiocy.
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • I'm due 9/15, but DD showed up fast and furious at 38 weeks. I'm already 1.5 cm dilated and I don't think I'll make it to 9/15. Our broker said he expected to get the clear to close today, but we didn't. Shocking.