September 2015 Moms

Kinda Concerned

Just needed to vent.  Thanks in advance for those who are reading this.

I just had a CT scan of the abdomen w/ contrast (long story; ongoing endocrine thing).  My period was supposed to come that same day but hadn't shown up that morning.  I woke up with no bleeding but feeling kind of pregnant for some reason (mostly boob tenderness) but wasn't terribly concerned because I assumed it was PMS.  So I peed on a stick just to make sure I wasn't pregnant, and it was negative.  Not unexpected at all; I've been on the mini-pill and have taken it on time every day.

Period still hasn't shown.  It's four days late now.

Lots and lots of cramping and some discharge (no blood whatsoever; not blood-tinged or anything).  Keep expecting it to start any minute now.  But this is feeling very familiar, like early pregnancy stuff.

I don't have any pregnancy tests left, just OPKs and might take one tomorrow if my period still hasn't started.

I'm freaked out to think I could be pregnant since I'm pretty darn regular and sometimes the mini-pill doesn't work for people.  Part of me would be so thrilled because I'm a baby addict.  But my husband would be pretty royally p*ssed since we're supposed to be done having kids (I obviously haven't completely made peace with that decision, especially since I always hoped we'd have another daughter).

ALSO we just came back from a trip (in June) to Costa Rica, in which we were all bitten by a zillion, trillion mosquitoes.  I'd be super paranoid about Zika, not so much from my own body as the possibility of sexual transmission.

AND we also might be moving soon.

End rant.  Will update soon.
Laura, mom of:
James (14)
William (13)
Elise (11)
Zachary (5)
George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]

Re: Kinda Concerned

• Sending hugs! I'm sure it's just hormones. Mine are crazy right now and my doctor says it's pretty normal for the timing. 
  • What happened? is it possible you're having a chemical pregnancy?
  • Loading the player...
  • It can be pretty common for the minipill to stop a period without stopping symptoms. I was on it for around a year and I'd get bloated or cramps, etc. but I don't think I had a single period that whole time. It's probably just your body adjusting to the new hormones. Sending you good thoughts either way.
  • Super confused still.  Same thing--cramping, bloating, feeling like it should start any minute, but no blood.  Bought a couple of dollar store tests today.  Will test with FMU tomorrow.

I will say that the cramps seem worse than usual.  Weird.  I'll test tomorrow AM and then call my doctor either way, just to see. 

@sugarmagn0lia thanks for the info; which one were you on?  I was on Nora-BE (went 9 months without a period while BF, then got it back for last two cycles after quitting BF) but they switched me to Jolivette last month for some reason.  Maybe Jolivette is more likely to stop your cycle?

Thanks for the support, all.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • mill1020 said:
    Super confused still.  Same thing--cramping, bloating, feeling like it should start any minute, but no blood.  Bought a couple of dollar store tests today.  Will test with FMU tomorrow.

I will say that the cramps seem worse than usual.  Weird.  I'll test tomorrow AM and then call my doctor either way, just to see. 

@sugarmagn0lia thanks for the info; which one were you on?  I was on Nora-BE (went 9 months without a period while BF, then got it back for last two cycles after quitting BF) but they switched me to Jolivette last month for some reason.  Maybe Jolivette is more likely to stop your cycle?

Thanks for the support, all.
    It could definitely be the change in your birth control that is giving you the cramping and such. When I switched from the patch to the pill I had all the symptoms you're having. Cramping, bloated everything but no blood. It's likely the change in birth control that's causing the issues. Hope you find out soon! 
  • Still no period.  Negative test this morning.

Emailed my doctor; we'll see what she says.

Thanks @BabyBugutsky !
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

• @mill1020 I was on Errin, which I think is the same as Jolivette, just a different brands. Especially early on in taking it I also found that my symptoms were magnified compared to how the were before using bc or when I was on the combination pill. After a couple months things smoothed out for me and while it was occasionally confusing to not have a period, it was also kind of nice!
  • @sugarmagn0lia, hmm, that would be nice if things smooth out.  Maybe I will give it a few more months before I go back to the regular dose pill?

Still haven't heard back from my doctor.  At the moment I'm pretty convinced it's just the weirdness of the mini-pill.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

• Yep, weirdness of the mini-pill.  NOT pregnant!

Period actually came right on time if I count the spotting/breakthrough bleeding I had 29 days ago as an actual full period.

(sigh of relief).

Still want another baby someday, though.  Maybe DH will get on board eventually.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)