April 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/29

This is the weekend chatter thread to... you know... talk about pregnancy and stuff. Wondering what everybody's opinion on doctors vs midwifes vs doulas? Find a good cure for something that's been ailing you?  Just had one of those "holy smokes I'm GROWING a HUMAN like it's a potted plant or something, but INSIDE MY BODY" moments?  Have a rando ask when the baby is due and you're like, "Wait, I'm not even showing yet, not sure if I should be polite or rude at this point"?   Whatever comments or stories or questions or etcetera you got that don't quite fit into the other organizational threads, this is probably the spot.

BabyFruit Ticker
Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/29

• I decided to skip a dose of Diclegis this weekend to see what would happen. I was fine the first part of the day, but then got a writhing migraine, so, so much for having an "awake" day on the weekend. 

I also don't feel as bloated which makes me irrationally nervous. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Magheeta for reminding me that I have a Diclegis question - I got samples from my OB last Thursday and have been taking the two at nighttime to see what difference it makes.  Overall, I feel much better during the day and my food/smell aversions are much better.  However, at nighttime (which is when my nausea was the worst to begin with) it's wearing off and I still feel awful. Last night I took the two pills around dinner (so not on an empty stomach really) and we'll see how that goes. My OB's nurse said that might be a good option.

So for those of you who have worse nausea in the evenings, what dosage/times works for you?  Just curious.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Anyone completely unable to eat anything resembling a fruit or a vegetable? I'm starting to feel gross but I also cannot stomach the thought of either fruits of veggies right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @schef070911 I don't see why it would hurt to try it on a not-so-empty stomach. There have been nights where I take it before I feel like my stomach is empty and it doesn't seem to have a negative effect on me. Hopefully that works for you! 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My bottle actually says to take it on an empty stomach. It surprised me, but I've been fine taking it without eating. I've only taken it at bedtime and in the morning. It usually lasts me all day. I may increase if it starts to worsen. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • momtoleo said:
    Can we talk about poop for a second? DH asked me how I was feeling yesterday and my response was "Well, I finally pooped this morning, so I'm feeling a little better." His face was priceless. NOT the response he was expecting. 

Holy constipated. 
    I was like that with my son the entire pregnancy!  Literally, from the day I found out I was pregnant until the day I delivered I was constipated.  I would stop by Starbucks once or twice a week for a frappuccino just because I knew it would help me go to the bathroom!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • @kcasset, fruit has actually been my saving grace a few times, but it has to be COLD.  And do French fries count as veggies because I've been eating a lot of those lately.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • momtoleo said:
    Can we talk about poop for a second? DH asked me how I was feeling yesterday and my response was "Well, I finally pooped this morning, so I'm feeling a little better." His face was priceless. NOT the response he was expecting. 

Holy constipated. 
    For me it's.... the other side of the poop issue.  I was NOT like this last time, and I am not pleased about this new development. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My complaint is the looser end of the poop spectrum too, which isn't mentioned in any reading I've done so of course I feel defective. I'm also hunched over the kitchen counter right now feeling nauseous hoping my toddler isn't burning the house down. I don't usually get sick but I let myself get hungry and it's hitting me hard today. Speaking of the toddler, he refused to nap which really sucks because I need the nap today. Also he kicks me a lot sometimes right in the belly which makes me worry for when the belly is bigger. I have lots of grievances today.

I feel my uterus beginning to grow upwards and feel like I didn't feel it this early last time. 
  • @kcasset i'm not like that with fruit or veggies... but meat is that for me. I'm normally a huge meat eater... and now I have to disguise it in rice or basically wrap it in carbs to eat it
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• @kcasset and @lovelongdog06 Oh no! Yes, I'd appreciate a happy medium right about now.
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • kcasset said:
    Anyone completely unable to eat anything resembling a fruit or a vegetable? I'm starting to feel gross but I also cannot stomach the thought of either fruits of veggies right now. 
    For me, vegetables and meat (with the exception of meatballs and pepperoni) are basically a no.  I can handle some fruit.  Bananas and grapes are usually fine.  I've been forcing myself to get Chipotle with fajita veggies and sofritas to at least get some fiber and vitamin C, even though those peppers make me want to curl up and die as I'm eating them (but the salsa and corn salsa are fine, as is the guac).

I'm trying to fill in nutrients as best as possible by eating a bowl of cereal a day, because that at least is enriched with extra stuff.

Guys I don't want to only eat carbs but my body is revolting so hard.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • @momtoleo this is exactly my life. I tell DH so much about my pooping habits. Hahaha. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • momtoleo said:

Holy constipated. 
     Ha!  My DH would think something was wrong if I failed to talk about poop (mine,  his,  or the dog's) at least once a day!  I have hypothyroidism which means I was already dealing with constipation issues. Pregnancy sure hasn't helped!
  • For constipation you can take fiber supplements, drink prune juice, etc. Also if your prenatal has a large amount of iron in it and you're not anemic, you can see about changing your prenatal to one with a lower dose of iron (but talk to your doc first, obviously). I'm planning to do everything I can to avoid hemerrhoids this time around -- I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @belocin Your story is both horrific and hilarious. 
  • I know we've talked about this a ton, but anyone up for sharing their experiences with measuring behind at this very early stage would be very welcomed. I'm measuring 4 days behind based on my LMP and am apparently more at 6w2d rather than 7w0d. I'm trying to be rational but I'm struggling with that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @kcasset It's possible that you ovulated late, anything after CD14 would throw that number off (I believe). For example, if you go off my LMP my EDD would be 4/16, but I know I didn't ovulate until CD22, so it's actually 4/23. Many people will measure behind and then later it'll change to measuring ahead or vise versa, unfortunately you'll just have to wait and see how things progress. If your doctor didn't mention they were concerned, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • @kcasset, with DS I had an US at 8 weeks due to some bleeding. I measured at 7w3d. Then at his 20 week US, I measured at almost 22 weeks. He came exactly 1 week late according to my original due date. And he was 7lbs 11oz (so pretty average). 

I agree with PP. If your doctor isn't concerned, then I wouldn't worry too much. Some babies grow at different rates than the "average" and that's okay. 
  • @kcasset It's possible that you ovulated late, anything after CD14 would throw that number off (I believe). For example, if you go off my LMP my EDD would be 4/16, but I know I didn't ovulate until CD22, so it's actually 4/23. Many people will measure behind and then later it'll change to measuring ahead or vise versa, unfortunately you'll just have to wait and see how things progress. If your doctor didn't mention they were concerned, I wouldn't worry about it.
    @LittleChick2 - my new due date is the same as your correct one.  I do know I ovulated twice that cycle (I was on clomid so I was checking regularly) and we had one empty sac today at the ultrasound, so it all makes sense, I just... I don't know.  I'm potentially too emotional for this stuff right now :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I wish my new OB would just stick the wand up my crotch and tell me if there's a baby or not. I've been spotting brown non stop and while I know that it doesn't mean anything is wrong, my PGAL brain is not happy. Ugh!
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • I just threw up so hard I have myself a headache. At least I didn't crap my pants too. Very thankful for my choice to work from home today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a question: And I'm pretty sure it was already talked about but I can't find it... Anyway I am not throwing up but always feel like I'm just about to. Would that still warrant an RX anti nausea stuff? And will it help, or is it really more if you are puking and it will just make that part go away. Also, I'm taking zyrtek every other day so I really don't want to pump myself or the baby with more crap but I'd like to not be tortured 24/7 either. BTW I tried preggie pops and they made me want to puke even more. Any recs/input? TIA!

• @schef070911

thank you so much!

• chelle087chelle087 member
    edited August 2016
    @ArchyFlores
    I can't believe they aren't checking with an US. This happened in my first pregnancy and felt so much better after I was given an US. Good luck to you!

Eta: submitted before finished 
  • So, last Friday DH decided to tell his mom that I was pregnant. I was a little hesitant about this because, although I love the woman, she has a BIG mouth. I told her that I wasn't planning on telling people for a couple more weeks because of PGAL brain. Sure enough, we take her out for dinner tonight and she proudly claims, "Now everyone knows the news!" Seriously?! Really?! Ugh.......

Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Oh jeez @KirstinH88 that's so inappropriate!! my mom has been dying to tell my aunt, who also has a very big mouth... I said not till next week so we will see if she can hold out! 
  • I wish my new OB would just stick the wand up my crotch and tell me if there's a baby or not. I've been spotting brown non stop and while I know that it doesn't mean anything is wrong, my PGAL brain is not happy. Ugh!
    Dying laughing at your first sentence!  I'm also PGAL and luckily my OB will do an US. I'm so much looking forward to it but also very nervous at the same time. 
  • I'm sorry, @KirstinH88! I would be livid. It's only your news to share so I never understand why people feel entitled to tell other people. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cookies754 I'm definitely irritated about it, but then again, I knew this would happen....Woman can't keep a secret to save her life.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @runningpenguin - With DD i threw up so hard and so much my rib muscles went into spasm, causing the one to dislocate....It was the most painful thing you can imagine!! so I feel you!
  • So, last Friday DH decided to tell his mom that I was pregnant. I was a little hesitant about this because, although I love the woman, she has a BIG mouth. I told her that I wasn't planning on telling people for a couple more weeks because of PGAL brain. Sure enough, we take her out for dinner tonight and she proudly claims, "Now everyone knows the news!" Seriously?! Really?! Ugh.......

You deserve to be able to throat punch her. I'm angry for you. My clueless and scatterbrained MIL announced our first pregnancy on FB before we could, so I feel you.