February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (8/29)

Re: Weekly Randoms (8/29)

• @silvercamaro77 it did say that the baby was producing the proper number of wet diapers. 

Yea that article really scared me too! I hope I am able to tell if I'm producing milk... it sounds like there are ways so I'll have to read more about that. Sometimes it's really scary all the things that can go wrong that you have no control over plus the things that you do have control over but might not know about!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Loading the player...
  • That article was weird for me. I don't understand how her baby could be starving while still producing plenty of wet and dirty diapers. 
    I agree. I said a few posts back that the same thing happened to my SIL like last week which was really crazy for me to be reading a story like that ... BUT their baby was not producing wet diapers so they were clued in to something not being right.
  • FFTC: I didn't read the article. I have several family members who have been successful with nursing, and plan to get several LC #s ahead of delivery to have on speed dial for potential issues. Also I'm reading The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding, and it's make me feel more calm... I'm avoiding articles with negative BF stories. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited August 2016
    I did not look at the article as anti breast feeding, I look at is a good to know thing. Where I should keep an eye out for this situation because some times moms can feel so pressured to breast feed we forget the most basic part of just making sure the kid is feed. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @Gingersnap I think we should do labor buddies. But I'm wondering if it's still maybe too early to do that? 
  • Are we doing labor buddies? Is anyone interested in that? 
    We liked it on my last bmb! Basically just trying to match up people with far apart due dates was what was most challenging. We had a whole separate thread dedicated to it. 
  • joyful08 said:
    @Gingersnap I think we should do labor buddies. But I'm wondering if it's still maybe too early to do that? 
    I have no idea. We didn't do it on my BMB, and I don't even know how it works haha. 
  • I'm open to labor buddies. 

We did it on my last BMB although it wasn't a huge success in the end. Many of the people who had their babies first had a hard time logging on to keep in touch with their labor buddy and relay the news when/if it was go time.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Random question just popped into my mind: other than the flu shot, are there vaccinations that my DH and I need to be getting before the arrival of the LO?  Is this something that the OB/GYN will clue me in on?  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MLRocha said:
    Random question just popped into my mind: other than the flu shot, are there vaccinations that my DH and I need to be getting before the arrival of the LO?  Is this something that the OB/GYN will clue me in on?  
    Tdap vaccine along with the flu shot. That's what was recommended to me last time but you don't do it until third tri - I have the specific week timeframe written down somewhere but my OB reminds me anyways.
  • @MLRocha I think I just came into an appointment one day and they did it. No warning or anything but it was TDap. Last time they urged my husband and anyone who would be in close contact in the beginning to get it as well unless they were already up to date. 
  • Me niece did the cutest thing while we were out to dinner the other day.  My dad had his phone out and was showing my niece photos from earlier in the day and was asking who was in the picture and my niece says, "MrsDramaK, MrDramaK, and the baby in MrsDramaK's belly." (Obviously she used my actual name and not my screen name).  It was so cute I almost died.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • So I didn't read the article because I'm doing 50 other things.. but one of my closest girlfriends had a failure to thrive baby that was nursing all the time, had normal wet and poop diapers and was an amazing sleeper. He just wasn't gaining weight but nothing else was wrong.  They did a zillion tests on him and had her and him in the hospital for almost 2 weeks.  They couldn't ever figure out what was wrong other than the way he was metabolizing her milk poorly and once she switched to formula he was fine. Like my S was a rolly polly and at one point around 3-4 months was TWICE as big as this other kid and now they're almost the same size.     The even weirder part is she had another baby 19 months later and that one had no issues with her milk at all and was a chubbkins. 

• MrsDramaKMrsDramaK member
    edited August 2016
    Also, cause this is the randoms board, where are the TTGP Grad Siggys coming from?

@NiceyMeany @Steelerfan78

ETA: Cause I'm sort of jealous TBH lol
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I loved labor buddies and it we still use the same ones in my bmb group. 

Also so carters is having a huge Labor Day sale. Footed pjs were $10 before the addition savings.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sorry about that long post. I actually cut a lot out. I don't want to change anyone's mind about anything, and I expect others will have different opinions. (Maybe even exactly the opposite) I just wanted to give my opinion on the article. 
  • I haven't read that article and judging from everyone's responses, I don't think I will read it all. 

I've been lurking August 16 board and they seem to be doing well with their labor buddies. 

• MrsDramaK said:
    Also, cause this is the randoms board, where are the TTGP Grad Siggys coming from?

@NiceyMeany @Steelerfan78

ETA: Cause I'm sort of jealous TBH lol
    They are badges for a private group we are members of. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Also, DD will spend the majority of the day at grandmas. I will find myself on my bed allllllllll day, ya know, to stay out of the way. 
  • My husband informed me today that I'm waddling like the ducks lol... now that he informed me I keep catching myself and try to correct it, this will be on my brain every step I take for the next several months... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told my the hubs that I have a small waddle as well :(

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This more of a WTF Wednesday or MBF , but why are maternity work out clothes so expensive?! Omg $48 for a workout tank? I Zumba 3-4 times a week, and usually just grab clearance from Target tanks but I'm starting to get self conscious in them and looked for maternity tanks. Ugh! 

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited August 2016
    @peachesnbean I think Old Navy had a few yesterday for not $48...

ETA I also think Target C9 has some cute maternity work out tops that also aren't $48. 

That being said...I haven't convinced myself to buy any yet and am just sicking with one lulu lemon pre-maternity that still fits and is constantly getting washed. 
  • @peachesnbean Can you just get a regular tank top in a larger size than normal? $48 for a workout tank is crazy! 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

•  I should have clarified- work out tanks in the style I want. I am plus size, and coming out of a 50lb weight loss my bump is making me relive the old days.. I feel like I need a fit-to-flare type tank to feel good working out in. Those I am finding for $48, but I found one on Target.com I really like! Its $20 which is still more than I like paying, but if it helps me feel better in my body working out it will be worth it.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• I don't mind when I'm like 8 months pregnant and it barely feels like my own body. 
    Right now? You will probably get smacked. 
  • We bought a brand new car yesterday because we really need 3 rows with four kids. Today I was waiting to pull out of a parking lot and the car in front of me decided she didn't want to wait anymore. So she backed right into me. HARD! Like, took off my bumper hard. Then, she tried to blame it on me saying I came out of nowhere. Luckily a guy who witnessed it came over and said I had been sitting there for at least a minute, and I laid on the horn to warn her. I literally sat there bawling my eyes out. Between being super emotional lately and not even having the car for 24 hours I was just a disaster. And then I had to call another mom to get my DD off the bus from her FIRST day of 1st grade because I was waiting on the paperwork. Ugh, what a disaster! But the upside is that I was okay, and since she was found at fault her insurance will have to fix it. I still might shed a few more tears over it though....