March 2017 Moms

Compression socks?

I guess for the STM, did you use compression socks last time? Pros? Cons? From what I can see they are totally safe throughout pregnancy...

I have a desk job (plus I work at home) so I am not up and moving as much as I should be - I already have a pre-existing knee issue paired with a general laziness when it comes to stretching so I quite often have my legs go numb from the knee down. I am hoping compression socks would be a viable solution to some of my issues!

Re: Compression socks?

• I only wore then last pregnancy when I flew and will again this time when I fly. I don't see any harm in using them all the time unless your doctor for some reason thinks of a contraindication. If you aren't super mobile they would be great since just being pregnant puts us at increased risk of clots. I used to wear them when I was doing bedside nursing and loved them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had to wear them towards the end since my feet and ankles were HUGE by the end of the day. At the time I had a desk job and all that fluid pooled to my feet. The socks did help, but the swelling didn't go down completely until a couple weeks post-birth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure I would unless I was desperate.  They would make me hot and itchy since I'm already running hot while preggo.  But, if the pros out weigh the cons- go for it.
  • I only used them during the end of my third pregnancy but I found that they helped a lot. I did not swell as much and it padded my feet so that walking around on our hardwood floors didn't cause me pain. I could only wear them for a chunk of the day due to over-heating. I will do it again this time.
  • I'm a FTM, but I have a ton of fun colorful compression socks that I wear when I run long distances, so I plan to get good use out of them during pregnancy
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• I just bought a pair to wear during my flight to Europe at the suggestion of my doctor. I got them on Amazon. I'm amazed at how cute the selection of compression socks are these days. 
  • check out PRO Compression and you can use code PRO16 for 40% off and free shipping in the US

• check out PRO Compression and you can use code PRO16 for 40% off and free shipping in the US
    I will check them out but (not so) sadly I am north of the border! I've been looking at a few different brands that seem pretty reasonable. 2XU has a 24/7 sock that seems the most appropriate for me I think. A few pairs would never hurt though!
  • @KateM I wear mine during runs, after runs, on long flights, and after a long day on my feet...they're like hugs on your legs