April 2017 Moms

Gtky 8/30

What career would you want to do if money or education or training was no issue?!
Married: 9/19/09
DS 1: 10/17/10
DS 2: 6/30/13
MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
 Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17

Re: Gtky 8/30

• KirstinH88KirstinH88 member
    edited August 2016
    I always thought it would be cool to be a meteorologist. I'm fascinated with weather, and they are wrong half the time anyways! Other than that, a marine biologist or archaeologist.

ETA: wow! Lots of -ologists.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • I'd become a vet and start a animal rescue. I've always wanted to be able to work with animals!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd do my "side hustle" (I own a music therapy business and work primarily with kids with special needs) full-time. It just wasn't in the cards for me right now because we moved to where we are for DH's grad school and it's only a 2 year program, and there were no full-time jobs in music therapy when we moved.  Hopefully when we move closer to family in 2017 I'll be able to figure out a part-time working arrangement so I can stay home with LO part-time.  :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I would love to be an author. Fiction and non fiction. My problem is more time and inspiration, though I could use some more training too. 
  • I would love to work in a study abroad office or be a study abroad director.
  • I would love to be a job coach for adults with disabilities.
  • I would love to be a wedding planner! Or something music related like play flute with the symphony 
  • Love this question! Like HGRich - I would love, love, love to be a writer.  I recently have been thinking that journalism (esp broadcast journalism) would have been a cool career path too.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd own a bakery. :) 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I would love to be a travel guide or travel planner...I go a bit nuts planning family vacations as it is!
  • @theredofhead YES! This should pay much, much better than it actually does.  :/
  • I would run an animal rescue!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would create scrapbooks for other people. Or, flip homes with DH.
  • I'd own a beach bar, but own a home far enough from a hurricane disaster.
  • I would love to own a brewery or be a party planner

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Run my own pub. One of our favorite restaurants in town is an Irish pub, and I think it would be fun to run one. 
    Married: 10-2-2010
    Punk's birthday: 3-28-17
  • I would own a homemade jam business. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hahaha, my dad is an archaeologist and I can tell you that the pay is not there! 

I would be a travel writer for half the year and own a bed and breakfast for the other half. 
    Me: 34
    Husband: 34
    Married: June 2014
  • I have always wanted to do photography, but have no "real" experience.  I would love to own a children's clothing boutique as well.
  • I always kind of wanted to be a cop. Specifically a detective. Also, a college professor. That's just not how things played out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would make my crafting hobby/starter business a full time thing, not just selling at craft fairs on the weekends...I would have an open studio to craft and try new crafts, have other crafters come and share, a place for a store of local crafters, kids craft parties/group events...clearly it's a longtime dream
  • I'd love to a real estate agent.  Though I'm sure there's a ton of grind behind the open houses.
  • Write and illustrate children's books 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I want to be a biologist.  Not really sure what kind.  Micro, genetic, or marine, maybe.  I enjoy reading about them all.  Also, I think it would be interesting to be a quantum physicist.  Unusual, I know and I certainly don't have a math brain, but I'm fascinated by it.
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• Oooooh ... wedding singer, cake maker, writer! 
  • I want to be everything...lol. I love being crafty so I would love to earn a living from my craftyness. I'd also love to do marketing and promotions full-time. I do a little bit now and love the strategizing and creativity.

@Ekzerr I owned a wedding planning company up until DS was born. I loved my brides but you give up a lot of family time, especially if your SO works a standard 9-5. That being said, it can be a lot of fun!
  • I would help obese people lose weight by teaching them food principles and no-nonsense about weight loss.
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • I would love to be a writer. I do some freelance stuff, but I have a thousand ideas for novels bouncing around in my head and I would love the time to write them.

or, I would want to be a conservation biologist (so, use my degree for something other than teaching, haha) going out and saving polar bears and sea otters.

or both. ;)
  • I'd love to be a writer and a book editor/publisher. I'd want to get my masters/doctorate in English first though, just don't have the time/money for grad school irl.

BabyFruit Ticker

DS--N14
    Baby #2 EDD--4/16/17
  • How funny my choices have already been mentioned... I'd love to bake cakes or work as a park ranger too. Or...something that involved me traveling and providing commentary for everywhere I went. Yeah, that sounds good too.
  • Professional beer taster. Is that a thing? 
  • I'd love to be a midwife but the hours aren't conducive to family life. 
    BabyGaga
    Pregnancy # 6
    4 missed chances
    2 loving children
    1 on the way
  • I wanted to be a meteorologist when I was younger. I used to track the weather using the newspaper! I'm not sure what happened, but I think when I started taking the career tests in high school and kept getting banking-related results. I figured I wouldn't pursue it. 

I am a planner by nature, so I would also like to be a wedding/even planner. I'm good with people (although I don't like it) and I love seeing everything come together. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers