June 2016 Moms

Aldi formula?

Have any of you tried the Aldi brand baby formula? If so how did you like it? With the cost of formula being so high we have been contemplating trying the Little Journey formula but I'm afraid of it not being safe or as nutritious for baby. Currently we use Enfamil prosobee (soy formula). 

Re: Aldi formula?

• I haven't tried Aldi but I regularly use Wal-Mart, Target and Kroger brands and they're all the same. They have the exact same ingredients and go through the same FDA approvals as the name brand. Save your money!!

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It just came out last month, so not a lot of people will have used it. 

All formula must must pass the same tests and safty/nutrition requirements. They have one that is comparable to Enfamil, and one that is Comparable to Similac. I think it shows which is which on their website. I have always had great experiences with the quality at Aldi in other products. They are owned by trader joes and have much of the same quality stuff. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The only reason I don't use the Aldi brand myself is that they don't offer an organic option. If they did I'd be all over it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for the input! I think we will go ahead and try it. Since she is now drinking 4 ounces we are going through formula so quick it would be nice to save some money!
  • I'm really curious if anyone has used the Aldi diapers yet. At 10¢ each, the price is hard to beat! I'm tempted to get them when we need to restock. We grocery shop at Aldi and the food is excellent and we save a ton every week. They even have a ton of gluten free foods! Love me some Aldi!
  • AmberLiz99AmberLiz99 member
    edited August 2016
    arteduc8 said:
    I'm really curious if anyone has used the Aldi diapers yet. At 10¢ each, the price is hard to beat! I'm tempted to get them when we need to restock. We grocery shop at Aldi and the food is excellent and we save a ton every week. They even have a ton of gluten free foods! Love me some Aldi!
    Yes, they are great! I've used them for my baby and for my two year old, no leaks yet for either of them. Can't beat the price. I like them as well as the target ones, and better than pampers for my toddler 

I grew up with Aldi, and they just opened one less than a mile from where I live, so I'm super happy :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Aldi sounds awesome! I don't think they have any in my area which is a bummer! I do use the members mark formula from SAMs club though.
  • I haven't tried Aldi diapers, but Parents Choice from Wal-Mart worked on my oldest way better than Pampers or Huggies. 

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't know if you're a member/have one near you, but I love Costco's Kirkland brand formula. Similar to the Similac Opti-Grow, but only $16 for 2lbs.