March 2017 Moms
Options

When did you first feel kicks?

MrsBride68MrsBride68 member
edited August 2016 in March 2017 Moms
You can cast your vote for this baby or previous baby. Just curious when everyone first felt movement. :smile:

When did you first feel kicks? 70 votes

10-12 weeks
7% 5 votes
12-14 weeks
22% 16 votes
14-16 weeks
21% 15 votes
16-18 weeks
18% 13 votes
18 and up weeks
30% 21 votes

Re: When did you first feel kicks?

• Options
    With my first, it was the night after my anatomy scan (20 wk). I had anterior placenta and felt a strong punch/kick.

With my second, it was at 14 weeks - flutters!
  • Options
    I'm 12 right now and just waiting...very impatiently lol with my DD it was probably around 16 or 18 weeks that I felt the first movements I think 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks 4 days and a few days ago started feeling small flutterz. I'm on the thin side and very in tune with my body, felt PVCs I was having in my heart 3 years ago. Hubby finally could feel a few tonight. 
  • Options
    With DD, it was 20 weeks exactly.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had an anterior placenta with my first. So it was close to 22 weeks. I felt a few bumps before that, but maybe 1 time per week from18 weeks. Eve though I was a little bummed at the time, I never had her keeping me up all night like some of my friends pregnancies.

• Options
    With my first it was 18weeks, with my second it was 14weeks 12 weeks with my 3rd.  
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Options
    18 weeks first
    15 weeks second
    12 weeks (flutters) third 
  • Options
    with my first somewhere around 16/17 weeks
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With DS I felt inside flutters around 15-16 weeks, and was able to feel from the outside around 19 weeks.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    I felt ds around 17 wks. Definite flips and flops. Flutters around 15
  • Options
    I thought I was crazy the other night, I was feeling flutters in the same area I keep finding LO with my doppler. It hangs out on my left side. I first felt flutters on 12w2d. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    betsy538 said:
    I thought I was crazy the other night, I was feeling flutters in the same area I keep finding LO with my doppler. It hangs out on my left side. I first felt flutters on 12w2d. 
    I swear I felt flutters last night while lying down. Might have been gas haha, but I wasnt moving and was nyper aware of the area, so maybe it was baby.
  • Options
    I don't have the best memory but I know it wasn't before 16 weeks, probably closer to 20 weeks before I actually could say 100% that is was the baby. 
  • Options
    Per the journal I kept while preg with my daughter it was at 21 weeks. I remember being so anxious for it to happen and felt like it took forever. 
  • Options
    With my first it, I felt her at 14 weeks, once.  Then once at 16 but it only become a daily event after 21 weeks.  WIth my son I felt him everyday from 14w6days.
  • Options
    With my first I distinctly felt them at 15 weeks. I swear I feel flutters sitting here now but it's probably gas.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder if u feel them sooner with 2? I mean sometimes I'm confused..... I don't know what they feel like.... Also now I'm wondering like.. When I lay on my sides do they go to the side too? Like fall on top of each other? Or do they just float around in there? 

SaveSave
  • Options
    I wonder if u feel them sooner with 2? I mean sometimes I'm confused..... I don't know what they feel like.... Also now I'm wondering like.. When I lay on my sides do they go to the side too? Like fall on top of each other? Or do they just float around in there? 
    @mrsyimster - You are in my head. I had basically this exact conversation with DH in bed last night! :)
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    @Finallyhismrs07 and @mrsyimster I've been wondering the same thing!! lol glad I'm not alone. Wonder if there are any multiple mama's who've been there who can shed some insight!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    With DD I felt taps on the outside around 21 weeks. I don't remember feeling flutters. Only 10 weeks with this one, so nothing yet. 
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    So I am only 11w5d, and I know the baby is still tiny. However, randomly I can be doing nothing and I will feel strong pressure move to one side of my stomach? Could that be something or is it probably just gas also?
  • Options
    @liss_37 @finallyhismrs07 I don't know! I tried google and no help either! maybe I will ask my MFM today. lol she is going to look at me like... whattttttt?!!!!! (ill ask anyways and tell yall what she says) HEHEHEHE

SaveSave
  • Options
    I swear I felt flutters at 12 weeks this time ((second pregnancy)) I don't think it's crazy for STMs. I've heard take the weeks you were last time you felt movement and subtract 3 and that's when you'll most likely notice it this time around. 
  • Options
    @mrsyimster - You are in my head. I had basically this exact conversation with DH in bed last night! :)
    Ditto!
  • Options
    @Liss_37@Finallyhismrs07 @mrsyimster I am literally feeling the same way! Lately, I know they both have been chilling on the right side together because I get the sciatica pain. I just wanna feel them move! I know they are both active because they were moving at the ultrasound. I'm getting super impatient lol.

• Options
    @alexxapplepiee - I am completely impatient. At our last ultrasound they were all over the place. Honestly, it kind of freaks me out that they are wiggling around in there and I can't feel it. (I'm also sure we are going to regret this at some point when they are jabbing us in every available space at all hours of the day and night..........)
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm 10 weeks as of yesterday and I think I felt something this morning. If I had to describe it,  it was like Thumper from Bambi only not as hard. i was standing still about to say a prayer and I felt it. I tried googling it also because I thought it would be easy to early. 

• Options
    I felt "something" yesterday in the car, but I'm only 10+2 and a FTM. It had to be gas, right?
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Options

@finallyhismrs07 @alexxapplepiee @liss_37 @afbaby0715 UPDATE: Went to the MFM. who told me that the babies "float" in there, they will move in there to wherever they want to move to, but will always be surrounded by fluid. She told me I shouldn't feel them move as a first time mom till about like 18 weeks with twins...  well I guess what I did feel that once time. was gas!

SaveSave
  • Options

I had an anterior placenta last time and didn't feel anything until 19 weeks with DS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    meq124 said:
    I am at the point of "is that gas or flutters". Probably gas. 
    This. My DH put his hand on my stomach last night, I told him he was just feeling gas moving around. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mrsyimster !!! :)

*Edit - I don't know why it doesn't like my "Thanks" in front of your tag....bump failing this morning :(
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    @finallyhismrs07 haha its ok. I don't know how to edit posts on the desktop version! I can only do it on mobile, but I have no signal at work. bummer.

SaveSave