Pregnant after IF

**First Trimester Check-in - Week of August 29th**

mrygoroundmrygoround member
edited September 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. We've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

If you are just joining us, please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below) any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey - many of us can relate. 

QOTW: Not unlike the steps you took to get here, first trimester can be filled with waits and worry. What are you doing to stay positive, stay busy, and enjoy this moment? Are you scrap-booking, blogging, journaling, reading pregnancy related books, adult coloring books, etc. or trying to focus more on work or non-pregnancy related reading and activities?

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:

@chicandbubbly EDD 2/25/17 - graduated to 2nd trimester
@jdw0325 EDD 2/26/17
@yelllow22 EDD 2/27/17 BABY GIRL!
@mjacks16 EDD 3/2/17
@AandDM2014 EDD 3/3/17 TRIPLETS!
@vlbartlett EDD 3/5/17
@msirni0 EDD 3/8/17
@kfras EDD 3/15/17
@scooteriste EDD 3/25/17
@pdbird EDD 3/28/17
@mygoround EDD 3/28/17 BABY GIRL!
@Sunflower5678 ;EDD is 4/6/17
@jenn6782 EDD 4/7/17
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 BABY BOY!
@ale9687 EDD 4/11/17
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 BABY BOY!
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17
@ConstanceGoodspeed  EDD April '17
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17
@flanners1 EDD 4/17/17 TWINS! BABY BOY and GIRL!
@Happydays13 
;EDD 4/19/17 TWINS! GIRLS!
@frustrated and ttc EDD? TWINS!
@babymama619 ;EDD 4/30/17
@BornReady EDD 4/28/17
@ADRIANAC1982EDD 4/28/17 
@halips EDD 4/30/17 
@Steff_99EDD 4/30/17
@clt2pwm11 EDD late April/early May
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17
@SanBLEDD 5/3/17
@kristynelson13 EDD 5/7/17

Let me know if you have any updates or need to be added!!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
EDD March 28, 2017
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **First Trimester Check-in - Week of August 29th**

• Yay! Another week down!

QOTW: I'm trying to focus on non pregnancy related things. We have told our immediate family and friends and are feeding off of their positivity as well! I read an awful article the other week that FREAKED me out... so I'm avoiding all articles that mention signs/symptoms of bad outcomes. I hope everyone is staying positive and enjoying this amazing time! Another poster (can't remember who) told me that every morning she says to herself, "I'm pregnant today, and I love my baby"... so I do that whenever I start to get fearful or have doubts. It really helps! GL to everyone!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Hi Everyone!  Yes, another week down!  We had an u/s this morning (one every week!) and got to see our little guy and his heartbeat again!

QOTW: I've been focusing on work and my 2.5 year old.  Want to make sure that I make the most of the time we have left with him as an only child!

@mrygoround looks like you have me on the list twice

**Warning - Child Mentioned**

Me: 33, DH: 39   Unexplained Infertility

4 IUIs (chlomid) in 2013 which resulted in DS born in April 2014

TTC #2 since August 2015

5 rounds of IUIs (1 chlomid: resistent, 1 femara, 3 gonal f) = all BFN

ER March 9: 26 eggs retrieved, 19 mature and 17 fertilized, 8 made it to genetic testing, 4 normal!

FET #1 5/31 = BFN

FET#2 7/26 = BFP!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • QOTW: Unfortunately I have a very hard time distracting myself from my pregnancy. It is especially challenging when I have symptoms that disappear that let me know things are going well. I'm trying to watch lots of shows that don't deal at all with babies, and I've got a book I'm in the middle of reading. We haven't told many people yet, so I spend a bit of time thinking about how we're going to share the news.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @babylonghorn16 I took that from someone on my BMB and am glad you find it comforting too! 

@aanddm2014 my symptoms seem to have a schedule of being around every other day. At first I was getting worried something was wrong but now I'm taking those easy days because I know the next day nausea will hit again. 

AFM I have my second u/s on Wed. Super excited to see how he/she has grown in the week and 1 day. 

• @ale9687 Mine seem to have been pretty constant until yesterday, which freaked me tf out! Of course now today I'm dealing with ms, oh joy! Hopefully your us shows some great progress!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• edited August 2016
    I have yet another UTI and apparently my Endo could care less. I called today (8:15) they (nurse) called me back at 1:30 told me she would have to talk to the doc and she would call me back. No call. Ugh. I told her I've had symptoms since LAST wednesday. I wasn't sure it was a UTI til the weekend. I'm due in there tomorrow for a u/s so I can't wait to go and chew someone out. Wondering how many UTI I will get by the time I'm done with these sucky vaginal suppositories???!!!???

QOTW: I watch TV. Lots of tv. Lol

• @frustrated and ttc Oh yes, the joy of the vaginal suppository UTI! I had one of those the first time I used them, which is why I've never used them since. It was THE WORST one I've ever had, and I've had quite a few! I'm sorry that your doc is not cooperating about it. Does your insurance have a nurse help line that you can call? I know with my insurance (Kaiser), they have a nurse line you can call for basic problems, and they can prescribe antibiotics for UTIs. I've never tried it while pregnant, but I assume it would work in much the same way.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• edited August 2016
    @ale9687 yes! I've shared with others as well! Spreading the love. Thank you!! My symptoms seem to be very noticeable one day, and then almost non existent the next! Glad I'm not the only one!

@AandDM2014 I freaked last week (you may remember :)) bc I didn't feel any symptoms... they came back with a vengeance though. YAY! lol It feels good to feel bad sometimes

@frustrated and ttc arg so sorry you're dealing with that! UTIs are NO fun. Hope you get some relief soon!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Welcome @halips

To those who have symptoms that come and go: I have been experiencing this as well. The week leading up to my missed period, I kinda already figured I was pregnant because things I would eat would leave me feeling strange in the tummy. Plus my boobs were sore in a way they had never been before. The past two days I haven't really felt anything, and it worries me to pieces! My boobs are still a little sore, but nothing like they were. Every time I go to the bathroom, I mumble a "thank ya Jesus!" when I don't see blood. It's very hard for me to distract myself, but I have started writing down Bible verses again that give me comfort. I did this during our infertility journey, and it really helped. 
    DX PCOS + mild male factor
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Current Treatment: Metformin, Provera, Letrozole, Trigger, IUI
    Past Treatment: Clomid + Metformin x 3 BFN
    Letrozole 5 mg + Trigger shot + IUI = BFP!
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Congrats on that beta @Steff_99 - and good to see you on the other side :-)

my 7wk scan is Wednesday and have had a few days of no symptoms, which made me worry, but I've taken up @babylonghorn16 's mantra and tell myself, "I'm pregnant today and I love my babies" until that feeling starts to fade.  Also got a nasty cold over the weekend and have been running the house out of Kleenex and having yet another reason why I can't sleep :-/

QOTW: work is keeping me very distracted and at home I'm binge watching So you think you can dance, next generation. Something about seeing these talented kids doing what they like to do really appeals right now. Usually I watch more serious stuff, but most documentaries just don't sound good to me at the moment. 
    Me, 38. DH, 46 married 11/14
    TTC since 11/14 for #1
    first RE visit 11/15, me - blocked left tube and Low AMH, DH - low count, motility not great
    1/16 clomid, 3 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    2/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 3 follicles - BFN
    3/16 clomid, 4 follicles on left. cancelled iui due to blocked tube
    4/16 Clomid/ovidrel/IUI, 4 follicles but only one on right side 
    5/16 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, dexamethasone (5/19 suppression check: 13 resting follicles; 5/24: estradiol 457 - decreased menopur;    
             5/27: estradiol 1417, progesterone 0.18, 5 follicles >15mm, 9 follicles 5-15mm; 5/30: estradiol 2964, progesterone 0.8, 9 follicles  
              >16mm, 6 follicles 6-11mm; 5/31: estradiol 3149, progesterone 4.1; 6/1 ER)
    6/16 egg retrieval 6/1 (15 eggs, 14 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI); 5 day update (5AB (biopsied and frozen), 4AB/C (biopsied and frozen), 2/3, 3 morula, 1 multicellular); 7 day update (4 frozen and sent for CCS: 5AB, 4AB/C, 5AB, 4BB); CCS results (2 normal, 1 abnormal, 1 inconclusive)
    7/16 attempt to retest inconclusive - didn't survive thaw
    8/16 transfer day 8/1: 2 5AB hatching blasts, beta 8/10 = 250!!, beta #2 8/12 = 572, ultrasound on 8/24...TWINS!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi everyone,
    I have been lurking on this board the whole of last week. After 4.5 years of TTC I finally got my confirmed BFP last Monday after my 2nd round of IVF. After my first failed IVF last August I thought that my journey was over, I couldn't afford another cycle and I had no frozen embryos. It took me months to get out of my low mood but after about 9 months we decided that to hell with finances, if we have to be in debt to have this baby we'll do whatever it takes and gave it another shot.
    I think I've been on a high ever since I got my first positive HPT! I started off with waves of nausea early on but I feel like that was mostly nerves waiting on beta results. My EDD is May 1st and I'm currently 5 weeks and 1 day. My first u/s isn't till mid-sept when I'll be 8 weeks which is making me a little nervous to have to wait so long to check everything is ok. Until then, however, I'm on weekly blood tests which puts my mind a little at ease. It's nice to see some familiar "faces" from the August/September IVF/FET board.
    QOTW - my mind is usually consumed with all things pregnancy! Although sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and then when I'm reminded I burst into a big cheesy grin. I speak to my little bean and tell it how much I already love it and that its dad and I are so excited to meet it in a few months.
    ps sorry about the essay :neutral:
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• Hi everyone! I'm here after FET of a PGS embryo. I think I'm due around 4/28 by online calculators, but will probably get something more definitive at my first ultrasound on 9/15. 

QOTW: I'm really just trying to enjoy the rest of summer. i live in the North East, so I try and get everything I can from the weeks of warmth and beach time. 

In other news... I woke up spotting. It's brown, but after a miscarriage last year I'm so paranoid. What is the normal protocol with your REs? Wait and see?
  • Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday wherever you are. 

welcome @halips  @Steff_99 and @teriulbricht wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months  

@frustrated and ttc I'm also on the pessaries. They are awfully messy but I've not had a UTI yet. I drink around 2-3 litres every day so maybe that helps. I hope it passes quickly - they are so painful! 

@babylonghorn16 I love the mantra - I'm using it too! I'm also still freaking out (moderately) for not having any symptoms... Nothing here apart from being a bit tired and having bigger boobs (majorly bigger!). I've been spotting a little bit once or twice, but the RE says that's normal. 

My u/s is Thursday - too early to see heartbeat at 5 weeks but will be able to see if it's 2 amniotic sacs or just 1. The beta seemed to indicate 2, but let's see. 

QOTW: I also find it very hard to focus on work although I am very busy, I still always seem to find time to google some nonsense. Positive mantra "I am pregnant and love my babies" is helping every other hour! 

Have a good week
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• Welcome to our new 1st trimester posters! It's so nice to see how each you have overcome your infertility struggles and pushed through.  I am currently in week 8, and my main symptom is tiredness.

QOTW My sis got me a pregnancy journal, so I've been writing in that every week and adding my new ultrasound photo. Other than that, lots of sleep and rest.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • @Happydays13 Ooh, I'm sorry you got sick over the weekend. I know that is no fun as you can't take anything effective to help. Ugh! I hope you feel better soon!

@teriulbricht Welcome! I'm glad you are able to join us over here! I can't imagine how difficult your journey has been and I'm happy to see success! Hopefully your LO is looking great at your first scan, though I'm sorry you have to wait so dang long for it!

@BornReady Yay! So glad to see you over here! I'm also sorry your first ultrasound is so far away, especially given your previous loss. Are you able to email your nurses? I choose to do that instead of call because then they can answer when they have time since it isn't a super urgent problem. If you can email, just let them know that you saw some brown and ask what you should do.

To those of you who already have awesome pregnancy breasts: I am so jealous. I don't think mine have budged at all, even with tons of hormones pumping through my body.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @BornReady I also had a tiny bit of spotting this morning. I had read if it was brown not to get too worked up, but if you've been through the road we have, it's so hard not to worry. I ended up just shooting my RE a message on my chart so she could be aware. If nothing else, I just want her to say everything is ok!
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Thanks ladies! They are sending me for hcg quants just to hopefully ease my
    Mind. Sorry you're also having some spotting @clt2pwm11 - keep us posted on your end. Are you also on crinone? 
  • @halips @teriulbricht @Steff_99 @BornReady Welcome!!! So glad you're here! H&H 9 months to each of you!

@flanners1  @Happydays13 I'm glad that "my" (stole it from someone who stole it from someone else) mantra has helped y'all out!

AFM - I feel like I have a hangover... and I didn't even get to drink last night! :) Nauseous, bowel issues, and headache. Some days are worse than others. Still no vomit, which is good... but man, I am struggling. Hope everyone else is feeling okay!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @BornReady @clt2pwm11 I've also had some brown spotting since yesterday. Again (first time seemed implantation bleeding 1 day before BFP). My RE thinks it could be from the progesterone suppositories. I'm on Cyclogest. I'm going in for check on Thursday - seems so far away. 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @babylonghorn16 I'm sorry you're feeling icky today. MS just started yesterday for me, and wow it is no joke! I have yet to throw up, but I felt pretty close this morning. Have you heard of Preggie Pop Drops? They're a hard candy with essential oils that are obv pregnancy safe. I found them at Walgreens. They've been helping me to feel a little bit better.

AFM - I guess overall my ms isn't too super bad, as I have yet to throw up and I am able to eat at least a little bit, but wow am I ready for it to be over already. Of course I'll take whatever my body throws at me if it means I get a take home baby, but I don't think I have to love all the unpleasant symptoms! If you have ms and want to buy canned soup, I highly recommend against the Progresso chicken noodle with rosemary. I bought two of them, so they'll have to get eaten at some point, but the rosemary smell is extremely strong.

I hope everyone has a lovely week!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @BornReady It has stopped for now. I checked with my RE and she said it didn't sound like anything for me to worry about. She said sometimes women will experience bleeding after sex. We did get busy two nights ago, so I'm going to chalk it up to that. :)
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • @babylonghorn16 I'm right there with you. I've never been hungover, but the symptoms you describe fit me completely.  I'm praying I get some more energy soon. Hope you are hanging in there!
    Married Jan. 2014
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • @AandDM2014 I haven't heard of those candies, but i'll have to try them out! Sorry you're feeling crappy too! I haven't thrown up either, but I've gotten close. I agree - I'll take whatever discomfort necessary in order to come out of this with a baby, BUT, that doesn't mean I'm not going to complain lol! Thanks for the heads up about the soup - I can't handle Rosemary right now. Bought some Rosemary triscuits and learned the hard way.

@cmm012 oh wow, I feel like a bad kid right now. Never been hungover? Woo, good for you! It's not fun, but sometimes worth it lol
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 Oh, those triscuits sounds awful!

I'm going nuts waiting until Friday for my next ultrasound! I can't imagine being a normal person and only getting like 3 ultrasounds. That sounds horrid!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @BornReady, @halips, @Steff_99 and @teriulbricht Congrats and welcome! I added you to the list. @Rachnan I deleted the duplicate. :)

@BornReady my RE office told me that spotting/some bleeding (any color) can be okay and not to panic. So the first time it happened DH calmly reminded me not to panic, to put my feet up and rest and drink plenty of water. It has happened a few times since and I have also had mild cramping from the beginning. During USs RE said there is no bleeding in the uterus and everything is fine and to watch for severe cramping and full flow bleeding like AF. If you are using vaginal suppositories or creams, spotting or occasional light bleeding seems to be the norm due to vaginal irritation(?). I'm guessing that's my issue. Let us know if your RE has any insight about what might be causing it.

For those of you without (consistent or strong) symptoms I know it's hard not to compare yourself to others, but everyone is different. Age, health, diagnosis, need for more meds, higher doses, etc. all probably play a part. I hope your next appointment brings you some peace of mind. 

@AandDM2014 Even if you don't vomit, if the constant nausea is making your days miserable, talk to your RE about medication (I forget what it is called). My RE office suggested it to me even though I haven't vomited, but I am choosing to be a martyr. Not really. I keep thinking it's going to get better, but I just read it can last through week 20!

I've had another headache (hormone, allergy or weather related?) this week and tried caffeine with tylenol again and it helps a little. I also found some relief for my upset tummy (tums weren't working) - ACV in water (weird, but thank you, Google). Nausea is coming and going, but overall better and my food options have broadened at 10 weeks. @babylonghorn16 Hangover is a perfect way to describe it. I am never drinking again! :) I have my last RE appointment this weekend.

QOTW: I am reading a lot about pregnancy (development stages, nutrition, vaccines, etc.). I'm probably getting a little carried away with reading about birth plans and breastfeeding. Like @babylonghorn16 I am trying to avoid reading (or watching) anything that will add to my worries. For distraction, other than work, we've been watching Netflix series. @cmm012 I love the idea of the journal!

**** Trigger warning ****

IVF/FET with PGS
    EDD March 28, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrygoround Thanks for your feedback. I'm feeling much calmer tonight and the bleeding has stopped. I have a loss history so anytime I see blood I get super triggered. Your post calmed me, much appreciated.

@AandDM2014 I'm so jealous of all of your ultrasounds. I wish I could just peak on in there whenever I had some loss/infertility anxiety. Friday will be here before you know it and we'll all be anxiously awaiting our update. Sorry about the nausea. I found I was able to drink more with morning sickness in the past than to actually eat. I drank a ton of lemonade, Eggos as mentioned previously, dry cereal and a can of coke here and there. Have you tried SeaBands? I wore than for a week or two before things settled down and felt some relief.

@clt2pwm11 Glad it has stopped for you. Me too! Such an emotional roller coaster this all is. 

@babylonghorn16 That hangover feeling is the worst. 

@teriulbricht I have a long wait for an ultrasound too, it's torture! I go in on 9/15, I'll be a little over 7 weeks. 
  • @BornReady and @flanners1 I hope the spotting is nothing to be alarmed about 

thanks for the welcome @flanners1 @cmm012 @AandDM2014 @babylonghorn16 and @mrygoround (also, thanks for the add)

@frustrated and ttc good to hear everything is on track for your two little ones, we do seem to have a lot of multiples on here! 

oh you poor things with ms, I haven't had anything like that yet (it may be too early) but it sounds awful. I am finding I have aversions to food I'd normally scoff down, so finding food to eat has been a bit of a task for me. I had some thai the other night and complained to DH that it tasted like feet haha
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• @mrygoround Luckily I am feeling better this evening, though it was pretty yucky this morning. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it happens again in the morning. I'm sorry that you're feeling ick too. What Netflix series are you watching?

@BornReady Glad to hear your bleeding has stopped! I don't know that you'd be jealous of the weekly price tag that comes with the ultrasounds! I'm not exactly happy to pay them, but I'm glad for the reassurance of how baby is doing. I have never tried SeaBands, but if it gets bad I plan to. I have some Preggie Pop Drops, but they are super sugary, which means I can really only have like 3-4 per day.

@teriulbricht Yeah, MS is no joke! And I know what you mean about aversions to things you love. I'm a fan of a lot of different foods that right now sounds/look/smell horrible, though I have had fish and chips twice when I normally am not a seafood fan at all (like, I hate fish).
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Wow! I haven't been on the bump in 2 days and so much has happened. Welcome newbies! So exciting to have you on the board.

I'm exactly 10 weeks today and went to my first OB appt since only seeing the RE. It was great to see my OB again as I hadn't seen him since I gave birth to my DS almost 6 years ago. He was very happy to see me and I brought him up to speed with the drama we went through due to DH (see my siggy to get an overview).

I'm measuring exactly on schedule and he said the baby is strong and the heartbeat was strong. I'm going for genetic counseling (required after turning 35) on Thursday, and getting a cell free DNA blood test to rule out down syndrome, trisomy18, and a couple of others. Bonus to getting this blood test is, I get to find out the sex within a week and insurance covers it since I'm considered geriatric ;). Super excited as I had to wait until the 20 week anatomy scan to find out about my DS. All in all I'm feeling great. Morning sickness has subsided and I'm still al ittle tired, but that could be because I'm working more than 40 hours/week and taking care of a 5 yr old while working from home when he gets home from school.

QOTW: I'm plain busy with work and family life, that's the best distraction. I even forget I'm pregnant sometimes, except that my belly is starting to grow.
    Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @AandDM2014 I know it's coming for me.. ha. I am feeling extremely tired though

@pdbird I'm planning on having the blood test at 10 weeks, not required for me but I like how it's non-invasive and the perk of knowing the sex so early on! Glad to hear your ms has subsided! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Weekly check in!

Holy nausea! It hit hard this week for me (week 8), sore boobs, and kinda tired.

I may ask for an RX for nausea if it gets much worse but I'm trying to tough it out! We'll see how next week goes. 

Ive also been having some pain in my upper right quadrant which worries me and has me thinking gallbladder. It hurt for about 5 days and of course today it's been fine. I have an ultrasound of that area tomorrow.
    My RE says to avoid fatty processed foods...but of course that is what sounds good to me right now! Lol! Ugh. The struggle is real. Anyways he did tell me if it is my gallbladder and it has to come out then we will wait till 2nd trimester, which the thought of surgery during pregnancy after going through IVF to get here scares the crap out of me! I'm hoping it was just a little flair up and it will calm down for the next 7-8 months :) 

I have an ultrasound of the baby on Thursday. I'll be 9 weeks on Thursday and two weeks ago on 7w1d I was measuring a week small so that led to some concern about increased risk of miscarriage. I'm staying positive though! I feel like if I'm feeling this crummy that baby has got to growing lots, so I'm okay with it! :) 

qotw - I've been watching a lot of YouTube vlogs about pregnancy and staying super busy at work!

• oh you poor thing @Sunflower5678 GL with the u/s on Thursday. its good that you're staying positive, I'm sure if you're feeling all this ms it's only got to be a good thing right? And the thought of surgery! holy moly, ill be sending so many positive vibes your way.
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Just an update... bleeding stopped yesterday morning. I was called in to do a beta test to see if things were rising and got my result back today @ 13,819. Last beta, last Thursday was 1628, so things are rising appropriately. My nurse said she would call once the RE looks at everything to see what if anything we'll do next. I'm due for my first ultrasound on 9/15. Thanks for the support!

Sorry about the potential gallbladder issue @sunflower5678. I've heard that can be so painful. 
  • @Sunflower5678 Oh no! I hope you get good news tomorrow.

@BornReady Yay for a nice high beta! I'm sorry you have to wait so long for your first beta. That should be the date of my first OB appointment, so hopefully we'll both get good news that day!

AFM - DH started feeling under the weather yesterday evening, so I made up the guest bed to keep him up away from me as much as possible. I really don't want to get sick, so he's going to be spending most of his time on the 4th floor, and if I need to get closer to him I'll wear my face mask. He also got down our box of medicines on his own (that NEVER happens) while I was asleep, so he must be feeling even crummier than when I last saw him.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hello from the Windy City everyone!

I'm excited to be joining this board.  Thank you @babylonghorn16 and @colleen0516 for the suggestion.

Here is a little about me, I am 34 years old, DH will be 43 on Sept 14, and we are both from Chicago, Illinois (Im a northsider, he is a south sider).

After about 2 years of IF treatments we finally have our first pregnancy. My EDD is April 28th, 2017 (according to my little IVF App, but might change once we have our first u/s on the 6th)

My symptoms include: constantly needing to go to the bathroom (im used to going maybe 1x per day at work, now its more like 5-10), my girls are sore, Ive had on and off cramping (which terrifies me), and some nauseousness.

My husband and I are super excited for whats to come, but I feel more nervous now than I did while we were going through everything. I also think the PIO injections are causing me MAJOR bloat were I already look many many weeks past that 5 weeks, 5 days that I currently am! Im kinda short, at 5'2 so that makes me a little nervous

Cant wait to interact with everyone!!! 

Here is to a happy healthy pregnancy for everyone 

Me: 34 DH: 43
    Married March 2012
    TTC #1 since 2012
    Dx: unexplained infertility (+ treated for hypothyroidism)
    May 7, 2016: IUI#1 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    June 6, 2016: IUI #2 w/Clomid - BFN :'(
    IVF Consult 1 & 2: June 10, 2016 / July 15, 2016 
    Started Stims: July 15, 2016 (Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur)
    Trigger ----> 08/03 ----> ER on 08/05 ----> Transfer ------> 08/10
    BETA 1 (8/22) - 401  - BETA 2 (8/24) - 541 - BETA 3 (8/26) - 913
    Baby Chadwell's First U/S: 09/06/2016 / EDD: 04/28/2017
  • @ADRIANAC1982 I hear ya on the bloating. I'm a tiny girl (I weight 120 usually)and it looks like I swallowed a melon! It's the worst at night after a full day of eating. Anyway, welcome to the board.

@BornReady I'm glad your spotting has stopped and your BETA looks good.I had a tad more spotting this morning around 8 but nothing since then so yay.
    TTC since Dec. 2015
    Beta confirmed 8/22
    EDD 5/1/17
  • Welcome @ADRIANAC1982! I'm glad you joined us! I also have major bloat and have had to buy maternity clothes! I'm only 8 weeks so I completely feel you. Some cramping is completely normal, so try not to get nervous if it happens. Mine felt like period cramps, and baby is still growing!
    Married Jan. 2014
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17